Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 10 May 2003, 15:29 (Ref:595418)   #1
ern
Rookie

ern should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MST web site

As competitors we have all had to pay nearly £200 for MST transponders, this is ok if MST provide a decent service, for example as we cannot race this weekend in Formula Saloons I decided at 4-30pm to see how qualifiying went some 5 hours earlier, still no data for any of the qualifiying sessions have been posted.

Does anybody else share in my frustrations or am I being un reasonable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 May 2003, 15:48 (Ref:595431)   #2
vaughan jones
Racer

vaughan jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It appears to differ from circuit to circuit,last weekend details from castle combe came on my computer,almost as soon as the session/race finished!
Old 11 May 2003, 20:37 (Ref:596289)   #3
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought this depended on how much of a fee they are paid for each race?
Old 11 May 2003, 20:48 (Ref:596304)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it depends who organises the meeting. I know the MGCC and JCC get their results up very quick, whereas some other clubs don't get their results on-line.
Old 11 May 2003, 20:50 (Ref:596306)   #5
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some clubs timing aren't done by MST...
Old 11 May 2003, 21:49 (Ref:596368)   #6
ern
Rookie

ern should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think its poor when you still cannot see the results of a qualifiying session held at 11.00am at 10.45pm let alone the results of the race !!

Surely the results are listed on the computer within minutes of the finished session at the circuit regardless of what organising club.

Yet another case of we pay the money or we cann't race and the circuit or in this case MST pockets the money with a sod the competitor attitude.

If you had not noticed I have got the right ache over this issue.
Old 11 May 2003, 22:13 (Ref:596391)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
Some clubs timing aren't done by MST...
I didn't know this. I thought all timing was done by MST, but only some clubs appeared on the website. Every meeting I've been at have always had the results on the standard MST photocopied paper!

I'm trying to think which meetings I have got the results from. These include:

Meetings that have had the results ont the website:
MGCC, JCC, BMP.

Meetings that have had MST, but no website results:
BARC (SE) (although I think the BARC do get theis results on the site), Sunbac.

There is more info on MST website about which clubs get which service.
Old 11 May 2003, 22:16 (Ref:596394)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by ern
If you had not noticed I have got the right ache over this issue.
I can see that

I wish that all the results for every meeting they do where put on the website. I'm sad and like seeing how good or bad I was! (in the case of last Saturday, bad!!!!).

My race on Saturday was red flagged and run in two parts, but the data of part one wasn't included in the final results, which was a shame.
Old 12 May 2003, 06:32 (Ref:596602)   #9
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Adam good to meet you on Saturday. What happened in your race? Held up my afternoon one, I can tell you.

I watched part of your re-start, did I see you spin at Old Hall?
Old 12 May 2003, 08:06 (Ref:596644)   #10
Mike Holmes
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Mike Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The club has to pay MST to get the results on the website, some do some don't!!!
Old 12 May 2003, 09:21 (Ref:596687)   #11
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
So, not only the thick end of 200 quid for a transponder but a portion of our entry fee doubtless goes to MST as well to update their website...tsk.
Old 12 May 2003, 11:51 (Ref:596798)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MSA rules state that in the event of a restart only the second part of the race counts: times are no longer aggregated.
Old 12 May 2003, 13:00 (Ref:596884)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Sowman
MSA rules state that in the event of a restart only the second part of the race counts: times are no longer aggregated.
Yeah I know, but I'd have liked to see my times from the first part.

We were told that we might get to finish our race if we were allowed on the track by 6pm (due to the cerfew!) So we were all in the assembly area waiting for the last race to finish, not knowing whether we'd get to race again! Apparently we made it with seconds to spare!

The rumour at the time was that the time keepers thought that they could declare the race because the clock showed 8 minutes (and hence was over half distance). It turned out that the clock counted backwards and hence it was just under half distance!
Quote:
Originally posted by Richy Rich
Hey Adam good to meet you on Saturday. What happened in your race? Held up my afternoon one, I can tell you.

I watched part of your re-start, did I see you spin at Old Hall?
Nice to meet you too Rich. Hopefully we'll see you at some more meetings this year. I'm afraid I did spin. People kept asking if I was touched etc, but apart from being forced to take a wide line it was all my own doing!

I spun at the first corner after a terrible start. I had an enjoyable come-back drive, but I never got up to where I was. There is only so much you can do in 8 minutes! It is a shame that the times aren't aggregate because I might have gained a few more places in the results.

The original race's red flag was caused by David Weaver crashing his XJS at Clearways. It was a biggy, but he is fine (although with a lot of bruises!).

Last edited by Adam43; 12 May 2003 at 13:01.
Old 12 May 2003, 13:19 (Ref:596906)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Oops, some of that is a little off topic, sorry.
Old 12 May 2003, 14:22 (Ref:596960)   #15
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Yeah I know, but I'd have liked to see my times from the first part.

The original race's red flag was caused by David Weaver crashing his XJS at Clearways. It was a biggy, but he is fine (although with a lot of bruises!).
Clearways ???? :confused: :confused: I think that you mean Cascades??

Old 12 May 2003, 14:24 (Ref:596961)   #16
Daf_Loz
Rookie

Daf_Loz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not just have a word with MST - they have the capabilities to put the results up immediately and for lots of races they do (within a couple of minutes). If they aren't then there is a reason for it - I could think of a few..

-The required equipment isn't available at that race

-They don't provide that service for that series organiser

-There are no telephone lines available for their use (if the state of the media centres are to go by this might be more common than you think)

If yu think that by purchasing a transponder entitles you to an instant web results service then check the details of buying it I can't believe it does though!

I would reason that a decent service from MST is having accurate results available within a reasonable period after a race (on paper) and given to the series organiser for copying/distributing. Anything else would surely be a value added service?
Old 12 May 2003, 14:36 (Ref:596972)   #17
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ern
Your obviously referring to Pembrey. There was some problem, the details of which weren't understood by MST or the BARC. It lead to some or all of our competitors being timed on one particular lap 1 second faster than they actually did.
Old 12 May 2003, 15:05 (Ref:597000)   #18
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least it it better than a couple of years ago when Motorsport News/Autosport were the only real sources of results
Old 12 May 2003, 15:22 (Ref:597026)   #19
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crickey Andy, how many years ago was that? I can remember printed results in the late 70's
Old 12 May 2003, 16:53 (Ref:597118)   #20
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I meant finding them on the Internet!!!
Old 12 May 2003, 17:05 (Ref:597130)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by KayBee
Clearways ???? :confused: :confused: I think that you mean Cascades??

oops, er, Turn 2
Old 12 May 2003, 17:07 (Ref:597134)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
At least it it better than a couple of years ago when Motorsport News/Autosport were the only real sources of results
The magazines have become pretty useless for the results now. Sometimes Autosport only print the top two!
Old 12 May 2003, 17:33 (Ref:597161)   #23
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion MST are superb.

I don`t think there is a rule to say you HAVE to post times on the web. HS Sports Timing (Motocross and 750MC timekeepers) have only just started up an archive for their results. If you want F1 you`ll have a tough job getting PDF files off of TAG Heuer`s site!

I presume clubs pay a fee to have their results put up but nevertheless MST usually have the bigger meetings up within minutes and the club meetings up within a few hours - or at the max about a day late.

I still reckon that`s pretty good - beats waiting around the Paddock office `til half past seven on a Sunday night waiting for the final race`s result which is being protested!!!
Old 12 May 2003, 18:38 (Ref:597222)   #24
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We do top ten and class winners in MN - which these days means virtually the whole field. Autosport is a bit thinner but then you generally get a longer report and more pictures in there. It's a case of roundabouts and swings, really.
Old 13 May 2003, 18:13 (Ref:598178)   #25
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
And of course there's the excellent ingear magazine which prints the whole field...