Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 18 Jun 2003, 16:17 (Ref:635655)   #1
david_james2000
Rookie

david_james2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The future of British Motor sports

One thing that keep playing on my mind is the future of British Motor Racing over the months we've been hearing about what octagon are doing , 3 or 4 of our race circuits could be sold off to housing developers, so we need to lobby the Government and get there help and get them to under stand that we need to keep out motor racing heritage and not let it go to ruin.

I've setup a petition to see what the rest of us think not only in the UK but aroud the world, you can sign it by clicking in the link below so once you have signed it spread the word and we can hopefuly do something.

http://www.petitiononline.com/helpbms/petition.html

Thanks
Davy
Old 18 Jun 2003, 17:59 (Ref:635754)   #2
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unfortunatly the words Tony Blair, Labour and Listen to the people of the UK, do not go in the same sentance. Our government is not right because its becoming less of a democracy and they don't listen to the people.

I totaly agree with you, but the fact is the government will never listen, bunch of stuck up old burocrats.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 18:24 (Ref:635784)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to the forum David.

I've signed and I wish you luck.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 19:00 (Ref:635843)   #4
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes good luck - I've signed too but thats only made 7 signatures so far
Old 19 Jun 2003, 06:46 (Ref:636272)   #5
david_james2000
Rookie

Thanks to everyone who has singed up to now

14 now and it hasn't been 24hours yet

but can you pass the address onto everyone you know whos intrested in british racing

thanks
Old 19 Jun 2003, 09:47 (Ref:636390)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
David,

I was giving this situation some thought over the weekend after hearing that Brands Hatch Circuits would rather sell to a developer than someone in the Motor racing industry. It seems to me that the National Lottery has helped many sports since it's inception. Maybe they should be approached to part fund the purchase of historic circuits such as Brands Hatch etc? After all, the racing industry is a huge earner for the country in invisisble exports!
Old 19 Jun 2003, 11:48 (Ref:636506)   #7
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't expect any Government help. I've suffered at their hands recently and they simply do not have the ability to see what is happening in the world. Not that any other politicians are any better.
The best thing would be for everyone involved in the sport at whatever level to come together There are plenty of brilliant and committed people both on and off track to organise the sport in a more structured way, that will give long term security to the sport we all love.
Anyway best of luck I've signed.

Last edited by paddy; 19 Jun 2003 at 11:49.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 13:08 (Ref:636591)   #8
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd probably have more luck if you were asking to set up a new track in Iraq.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 13:26 (Ref:636610)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DSM thats a bit too political, the MSA are trying to get government help for club racing via the MSDG, also I've had talks with London authorities regarding funding an event to promote the sport.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 14:00 (Ref:636645)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The trouble is Sam that they won't do anything to help save circuits from being sold to developers, that's the real problem.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 20:47 (Ref:636983)   #11
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thing is, I think if BHCL sold off a track to developers, half of the british contingent of this and other forums would all go down to that track and make it impossible for the developers to do anything. (in our dreams anyway).

I want to start an organisation called Save Our Circuits, but how I would go about this I dont know.

Last edited by Sim_Da_BTCC_Man; 19 Jun 2003 at 20:49.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 21:53 (Ref:637047)   #12
david_james2000
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sim_Da_BTCC_Man

I want to start an organisation called Save Our Circuits, but how I would go about this I dont know.
good idea Sim_da_BTCC_man might be something we could look into if we can get the support

but thanks once again everything one. If any of you lot have web site or are member of other forums i would be grateful if you could put the link on it, the more support we get the more people will listen to us.

Im think of sending email to other circuts that dont some unber the BHCL group and some team in racing for support as well.

Thanks
Davy
Old 20 Jun 2003, 06:54 (Ref:637278)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I would send it to the BH guys as well, it's their jobs that are on the line after all!
Old 20 Jun 2003, 17:04 (Ref:637803)   #14
david_james2000
Rookie

Well sent a email to the BRDC showing my support to Sir Jackie Stewart as he's challenging the to help the motor sports industry and also asking if there will help my fight as well

You never know
Old 22 Jun 2003, 12:36 (Ref:639114)   #15
david_james2000
Rookie

Ok so 254 people have look at this post but I've only got 49 signatures on the petition. I don't what to sound harsh but if we are going to help protect the British Motor sport industry and heritage, I'm going to have to get a few more people to sign the petition because if not I'll just have to admit defeat and let the money grabbing business men sell of BHLG and we'll be 4 great race circuits down and you never know a few more might go as well and we'll be left with nothing but masses of housing estates.
But like I said earlier don’t anyone take this the wrong, I'm only try to get my point across as this is posted in a few other forums and it the same there. We all need to club together here or we'll all have to star supporting another sport because motor racing will just died in the country, and we'll go from the world leaders motor racing to nothing

Thanks
Davy
Old 22 Jun 2003, 12:51 (Ref:639122)   #16
david_james2000
Rookie

Just to remind you of the address it's
Old 22 Jun 2003, 20:26 (Ref:639373)   #17
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are up to 69 now, good luck to ALL of us.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 19:33 (Ref:640617)   #18
david_james2000
Rookie

Thanks once again to everyone who has singed up to now

91 now, near the 100 mark

but we still need more please pass the address onto everyone you know who's interested in British racing and if you are member of other racing/car forum tell them also
Old 24 Jun 2003, 21:59 (Ref:642025)   #19
james tucker
Racer

james tucker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
david I have been talking to people in my pit lane who wish they could and some that will buy circuits....the ones that are trying to buy for development should be named and shamed anyone with that intention should be challenged..
good luck and well done .........james
Old 25 Jun 2003, 06:11 (Ref:642249)   #20
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm 109. Cool.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 07:04 (Ref:642273)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
James...Try Brands Hatch for starters!
Old 25 Jun 2003, 07:40 (Ref:642314)   #22
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the reality is that the government are bust so do not look to them for funding - 25% of the working population are in the public sector, they have much bigger problems on the horizon. It would be much better to get a syndiacte to buy the circuit.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 07:45 (Ref:642322)   #23
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
The National Lottery is one avenue. If they can pay for national sports stadiums then why not a race track?
Old 27 Jun 2003, 08:17 (Ref:644465)   #24
TRUCKER
Rookie

TRUCKER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the emphasis should be put on attracting more people into existing classes and put a stop to all these bloody stupid sports cars that are being designed why dont the designers design cars for other existing classes seems like a great idea to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27 Jun 2003, 08:51 (Ref:644495)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Trucker, it's no good attracting more spectators unless you have circuits for them to go to.