Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Jun 2003, 12:09 (Ref:640053)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Donington Park FIA GT's & ETCC

Does anyone have a timetable for this event?
I guess that we will not be having lunch breaks as the BRSCC are handing out food on all days.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 12:12 (Ref:640059)   #2
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still havent had anything through yet but I have heard that the camping is in park farm barn. Does anyone know who we have to phone this time to book the site?
Observer are you there for the three days or are you only let out for two
Old 23 Jun 2003, 12:23 (Ref:640076)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Had my Pass (Just One) from the BRSCC on Saturday but as usual there was no timetable for the event.

We will then be issued with an FIA pass at sign-on (Remeber the flimsy bit of card we got last year)
Camping is at the Farm next door - bookable direct on 01332 862409.No infield passes for the car have been supplied and you are asked to take your instructions with you to get you into the infield!

Stevie, Not sure whether I am going to be there at all yet....that's why I want a look at the timetable.
I should be doing the BARC meeting at Oulton on Saturday and MAY come to Donny on Sunday!

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 23 Jun 2003 at 12:31.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 12:27 (Ref:640082)   #4
brickkicker
Veteran

Check your PMs Observer

As its dono I will guess it will be an early start and a late finish. Of course with no break.
I have still got the card thing they gave us last year as I never took it out of my bag HAHA

Last edited by brickkicker; 23 Jun 2003 at 12:31.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 12:47 (Ref:640104)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Try http://www.redshoes-racing.com/ETCC/...ingtonPark.pdf based on info provided by FIA
Old 23 Jun 2003, 12:55 (Ref:640119)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Thanks for that Red shoes.....pretty well made up my mind now where I'm going!
Old 23 Jun 2003, 13:18 (Ref:640154)   #7
brickkicker
Veteran

Well it doesnt look that bad with early(ish) times. Is there any word on how many marshals they have for the Friday. Am guessing its not many.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 13:34 (Ref:640169)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
steve im there sat/sun...camping on sat night....fancy a drunken walk around the track at 1 in the morning...or maybe a coulple of cream cakes and vodkas
Old 23 Jun 2003, 13:48 (Ref:640184)   #9
brickkicker
Veteran

Not sure about the walk around the track. I did that at the Ferrari meeting and its a lot longer than it looks. But the cream cakes and vodka sounds good but maybe not as many as last time.
Have been ordered to be there for early friday morning, so when MPJ reads this you better be up early or youll have to walk
Old 23 Jun 2003, 16:30 (Ref:640368)   #10
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
whos MPJ???what the hell r u on about....oh dear its been a long day...stillknackered from yesterday
Old 23 Jun 2003, 17:00 (Ref:640414)   #11
brickkicker
Veteran

MPJ is on here somewere and I have got to pick him up on friday morning to go to dono.
But yes am still knackered from the weekend
Old 23 Jun 2003, 17:40 (Ref:640472)   #12
mpj
Rookie

mpj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
steve its always you that picks me up late.
you scruts blame anyone but yourselves, hopeless the lot of you.
see you friday and dont forget the beer.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 19:46 (Ref:640643)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll be there with the caravan - glad someone mentioned ringing in advance, I hadn't noticed that bit. I've just rung, but I've been asked to ring back in office hours. See you there.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 19:50 (Ref:640650)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just read the timetable, and I have to say what cynics you all are. Lunch is clearly at 10:00 on Sunday.

I also notice 10mins between each session, so you can treat finishing time as about as reliable as a railway timetable.

Old 24 Jun 2003, 05:27 (Ref:641051)   #15
brickkicker
Veteran

Quote:
steve its always you that picks me up late.
I was only late once...

Quote:
you scruts blame anyone but yourselves, hopeless the lot of you.
Thats because its never our fault
Old 24 Jun 2003, 13:43 (Ref:641468)   #16
brickkicker
Veteran

Hows the tickets for this meeting? Ive had the stuff come through today they have sent me one ticket and a thing to wear around my neck (with track/paddock/pit lane) do I need both or just the one and the other is a guest pass? Doesnt say in the instructions.
But there is one thing it says in the instructions to look forward to the grid girls are cheerleaders
Old 25 Jun 2003, 11:08 (Ref:642504)   #17
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Does anyone have a spare ticket for this meeting please?
I have just the one pass and the BRSCC said I will get an FIA pass when I sign-on.
However, how do I get the wife in as well before I get my FIA pass.

If anyone can help, please PM me
Old 25 Jun 2003, 18:14 (Ref:642907)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Curious, my passes are from Donington ES and I've got 2. The only thing I suggest is ringing BRSCC and saying if your wife isn't welcome, then you're not coming either. I doubt they can afford to lose anyone, and it makes the point.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:20 (Ref:643043)   #19
Adrian Randle
Rookie

Adrian Randle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by the replies so far it's going to be 3 marshals for the whole GP circuit on Friday. Lets hope nothing comes off or it might be a long day.

Very nice of the BRSCC to provide lunch. Not sure where the lunch break is in the timetable (except on Sunday when it's earlt 11'sies)

See you there all 3 days. We can enjoy the rain together.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 08:24 (Ref:643442)   #20
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Curious, my passes are from Donington ES and I've got 2. The only thing I suggest is ringing BRSCC and saying if your wife isn't welcome, then you're not coming either. I doubt they can afford to lose anyone, and it makes the point.
Wooley - I DID! I was told that the pass I had recieved was my GUEST pass and that I would be given the FIA pass upon signing on!
However, I'm not sure how I get the wife into the circuit with me in the first place, so I can get to sign on and get my FIA pass!!! (Think that makes sense)
Old 26 Jun 2003, 08:29 (Ref:643447)   #21
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian Randle
Very nice of the BRSCC to provide lunch. Not sure where the lunch break is in the timetable (except on Sunday when it's earlt 11'sies)
Nope! This is the organisers way of telling you that there is NO lunch break but you can't moan about it because you're getting lunch on them!
Saying that.....the lunches last year were the tops...better than the "Powertour" lunches used to be!
Old 26 Jun 2003, 09:44 (Ref:643506)   #22
ascarracinguk
Veteran

not as nice as the long beach ones....as with everything in america it was BIG!...that and the bagels, dohnuts, coffee in the morning and i have never seen so many pizzas on one table as there was one night... along came the safety teams and CART with about 200 pizzas of all flavours... now thats what i call service!
Old 26 Jun 2003, 11:12 (Ref:643588)   #23
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seing as there is only 10 mins between sessions - I pity anyone who is on the 'central reservation' down the Melbourne loop or in the cage...
Old 26 Jun 2003, 12:44 (Ref:643694)   #24
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
However, I'm not sure how I get the wife into the circuit with me in the first place, so I can get to sign on and get my FIA pass!!! (Think that makes sense)
Media sign-on is in the portacabin outside the circuit gate. Could the marshals' sign-on be there as well? In other words you don't need a pass to get into the circuit to get your FIA pass.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 20:19 (Ref:646425)   #25
deebrief
Rookie

England
Haddenham
deebrief should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again the FIA does not give a toss about the welfare of marshals.

I am dam sure they have organised breaks throughout the day.

Good GT race though on the box, noticed the posts were not exactly overmanned, I wonder why.

Give me a good clubbie any day .