Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jun 2003, 14:50 (Ref:646064)   #1
Basscone
Rookie

Basscone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques

Jacques I hope you get to read this post because I am your No.1 Fan. I know you said that you were going to stuff Jensen this year and I know that you are struggling a bit and he is kicking your butt a little but we are only half way through the season and there is plenty of time to catch up.

Maybe you could ask the track designers to come up with a circuit that doesn't have any corners in it - a sort of U.S. to U.K. freeway so you could drag strip the thing and cruise your way to 1st place. Sorry, forgot that BAR isn't quick at the minute, maybe 4th place. OK so Minardi aren't too bad - maybe 11th place.

Don't give up Jaques, we need you - albeit to laugh at - but the F1 series needs BAR. I'm sure that once you leave, BAR will start to fare better and you can blame all your failures on them.

It doesn't matter anyway - I know you'll be successful after F1 (when you decide to retire this weekend) as a tyre fitter for Kwik Fit. I've seen you jump on the podium when you were at Williams and you can jump higher than any Kwik Fit Fitter that I've ever seen.

I've had an email from the bollard manufacturer from the European race and the manager has asked me to pass on his thanks for demonstrating the durability of his product - apparently his online sales have gone through the roof in the last 2 hours.

As a final thought, I was wondering if you'd ever consider a job as frontman for the latest Prozac adverts.

Kindest regards,
Your friend
Basscone
Old 29 Jun 2003, 15:05 (Ref:646086)   #2
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an entrance

Welcome to the board
Old 29 Jun 2003, 15:12 (Ref:646102)   #3
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Teddy must be in bed or something. This is an affront.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 15:36 (Ref:646145)   #4
Basscone
Rookie

Affront? This is nothing more than a pressure release from the season past.

Out of all the drivers none have had the front to mouth off as much as JVi - he has yet to back it up with results.

If I was JVi (which I am (thankfully) not) I would retire from F1 and go back to Cart. It's one think being a bigmouth and back it up with points - it's another to be a bigmouth then get your ass kicked by your new team mate.

Give it up Jacques - your mouth has left you with more promises than your ability can keep.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 15:41 (Ref:646150)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques' performance was absolutely shocking this weekend. A poor qualifying lap yesterday, and an even worse race today. He was completely outclassed by Button, no doubt about it. (And this comes from someone who is a fan of Jacques.)
Old 29 Jun 2003, 15:44 (Ref:646156)   #6
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques maybe you should invite Ron to the tea-table
Old 29 Jun 2003, 15:48 (Ref:646162)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Jacques Villeneuve, comedy element of the European Grand Prix.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 29 Jun 2003, 15:59 (Ref:646175)   #8
Basscone
Rookie

JVi

Quote:
Originally posted by R
Jacques' performance was absolutely shocking this weekend. A poor qualifying lap yesterday, and an even worse race today. He was completely outclassed by Button, no doubt about it. (And this comes from someone who is a fan of Jacques.)
But it's not the first time is it? Lots of people have been blaming the car (JVi especially) but it's been a lousy season for him and it isn't entirely down to his vehicle. He slapped the bollard and lost his nose this race - he can blame the aeros for his entry to the corner but hey - he pointed it in that direction.

There is one thing though - I watched him fight the aquaplane during this weekends qualis and knew how he felt as it slid away from him (had a similar incident on a motorway once) - that's a freeway for U.S. viewers. It's a case of 'let go of the wheel and pedals and hope your underwear is clean'
Old 29 Jun 2003, 20:58 (Ref:646460)   #9
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basscone, you're being too hard..

True, this weekend has been terrible in terms of competitiveness, but he has the right to criticise his car. Of course he has had a poor race but even if he had been leading, his gearbox would have failed. Michael Schumacher can have dropping bargeboards but that Ferrari never fails.
Jacques' car has failed 7 out of 9 times even though he was able to finish in one of those times.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 21:24 (Ref:646498)   #10
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Jacques

Quote:
Originally posted by Basscone
Maybe you could ask the track designers to come up with a circuit that doesn't have any corners in it - a sort of U.S. to U.K. freeway so you could drag strip the thing and cruise your way to 1st place. Sorry, forgot that BAR isn't quick at the minute, maybe 4th place. OK so Minardi aren't too bad - maybe 11th place.
O dear i haven't laughed that hard in a good while

Quote:
Originally posted by Basscone

I've had an email from the bollard manufacturer from the European race and the manager has asked me to pass on his thanks for demonstrating the durability of his product - apparently his online sales have gone through the roof in the last 2 hours.

As a final thought, I was wondering if you'd ever consider a job as frontman for the latest Prozac adverts.
or maybe an ad for rogaine?

Welcome Basscone
Old 29 Jun 2003, 21:28 (Ref:646508)   #11
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV had one of those days where he probably wished he didn't hop out of the motorhome.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 23:38 (Ref:646619)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What on earth happenned to JV this weekend?! OK, bit of bad luck on Friday - but he should have been much further up on Saturday. Watching him struggling to pass the Minardis was just embarrassing. Jenson was the top non-Ferrari Bridgestone car, which makes Jacques' weekend all the more painful. The gearbox failure did him a favour and let him off his misery - as it happens several of his mechanical failures this year have come just in time to spare him embarrassment.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 23:53 (Ref:646624)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, indeed, Jacques is not having the greatest of times...

I wonder if Jenson has earned Jacques' "respect" yet? Perhaps Button has to beat him a bit more before that occurs....?
Old 30 Jun 2003, 05:44 (Ref:646762)   #14
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was an amusing sideshow for me! Reminds me of that ancient greek mythology guy who had to push a big boulder up a hill only for it to roll down again everytime!

Old 30 Jun 2003, 08:15 (Ref:646867)   #15
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dutton. In yesterday's Times there was an article about JV. JB has now 'earned JV's repsect' but JV still has no respect for other young/new drivers because they do nothing to help their teams improve..........
Old 30 Jun 2003, 08:28 (Ref:646882)   #16
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The big issue is not only that he's not competing at the mo and making terrible mistakes, but he's ruining his reputation - which was far more in tact at the beginning of the season.

What team is going to want him if BAR give him the big heave-ho, if he keeps doing this.

At this rate it could be two steps - out of BAR and out of F1. Could be a sad way for a great driver (of the past (?) to leave the sport).

Last edited by Hugh Jarce; 30 Jun 2003 at 08:29.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 09:28 (Ref:646940)   #17
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson is not kicking his butt a little!

Jenson is kicking Jacques butt so hard, its bleeding.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 18:40 (Ref:647519)   #18
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
We have all seen Button have bad races. How motivated would we be if we were in JV's shoes? Does anyone think he expected to even finish the race? The team have failed him this year. He may not be the best racer in F1 but they have not given him the chance to prove his worth one way or the other. JV was just basically pushing as hard as he felt was safe. He knew points were more than likely out of the question and that his car would probably break.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 22:39 (Ref:647841)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Um, if he was pushing as hard a he thought safe, then how come he spun off? He either made a big error in judgement, which he does do from time to time..., or he wasn't taking it that cautiously and was just not very impressive...
Old 30 Jun 2003, 22:57 (Ref:647854)   #20
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
neilap, I can't ever remember seeing Button have a race as bad as Jacques's yesterday! All these people who have been blaming his reliability all this time may be right in one sense but yesterday he proved he just aint good enough anymore!

What big team would want to employ a driver who drives like that? He'll be lucky if BAR want him the way he's driving. He seems to think he has some god given right to be in F1 but I'm afraid Jacques you gotta produce the goods. The car may not be great but Jenson can still stroke it home with some points even on a bad day like yesterday. Perhaps he should have kept his mouth shut hey
Old 30 Jun 2003, 23:23 (Ref:647869)   #21
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After several years of being given a poorly designed and unreliable car, can you blame him? It's depressing that you can barely finish a race.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 02:40 (Ref:647936)   #22
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Well I remember races where Button would charge down the straight from the start and plow into the drivers ahead of him. In fact I think he did that to Trulli twice!! I feel he was pushing as hard as he thought was safe but obviously he crossed the line. I will not crucify him because of one poor performance. After all every other race this year its been the cars fault.

JV's mouth has always been his biggest problem. I feel he is good in the car but he is too emotional. He needs to shut up sometimes. BAR has ruined him. He let it happen. Maybe out of loyalty, maybe greed, the opinions vary. I would still like to see him in a good car. Time is not on his side though.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 07:29 (Ref:648039)   #23
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's JV's sixth year behind the garbage-cart they call BAR. Any driver would loose his attitude during 6 years. Does Jacques still remember how to fight? If the answer is yes he's better to forget about the money and go to the team which let him to compete, if no - he's got nothing to do in F1 anymore.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 07:34 (Ref:648044)   #24
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
Basscone, you're being too hard..

True, this weekend has been terrible in terms of competitiveness, but he has the right to criticise his car. Of course he has had a poor race but even if he had been leading, his gearbox would have failed.

Jacques' car has failed 7 out of 9 times even though he was able to finish in one of those times.
Yes, but in the meantime his team mate JB has reached the points 4 times, and steadily outperformed him on quals.
Sorry Jordi, no excuses for JV's bad performances, particularly considering his largest-than-ever mouth.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 08:59 (Ref:648102)   #25
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JV's car never fails when he's ahead of his team-mate, funny that. Whether that be in the race (not often, and sometimes because he's on a longer first stint) or just on the basis of form over the weekend. Losing second gear let him slip off early after an embarrassing weekend - I'd like to see evidence that the gear was broken at all!