Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 30 Jun 2003, 10:37 (Ref:647003)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RESULTS and STANDINGS Fans comp round 9 Nurburgring..

Hi Everyone.....here are the results for Round 9 Nurburgring of the Fans Comp ....

4 POINTS
bulldogspirit
wreckless
EERO
Daisy
----------------------
3 POINTS
pb btcc
greg.n
flor
totalwreck
nameless
Irv the Swerve
Led ZeppF1
JohnSSC
jetsetter
Epsilon
steve_r
Red
nickF1
nicholaswhite
Miss Hardt
CleanTone
x_dt
mirwin
BootsOntheSide
fastracer
climb
DavidStHubbins
---------------------

2 POINTS
AdamAshmore
®îjñtjûh
Inigo Montoya
knowlesy
aussie_f3
Asp
Carla O
zetta
Rafael
R
paulzinho
Laagri
DNQ
senna12
Tom Fuller
Cougar21
Thorstone
903cc
------------------------

1 POINT
esorniloc
Fish_Flake
Tristan
hakkiman
MiniMe
Mekola
Mark F1
Damon

Which gives us a overall score table that looks like this

21 POINTS
DNQ
fastracer
903cc

19 POINTS
AdamAshmore
Daisy

18 POINTS
Red
nickF1
Asp

17 POINTS
x_dt
DavidStHubbins
aussie_f3
hakkiman

16 POINTS
EERO
mirwin
climb
Inigo Montoya
FastJoel31

15 POINTS
wreckless
Miss Hardt
R
Tom Fuller
MiniMe

14 POINTS
jetsetter
CleanTone

13 POINTS
Hugh Jarce
Laagri
Thorstone
Tristan
Mekola

12 POINTS
JohnSSC
nicholaswhite
®îjñtjûh
zetta
paulzinho
senna12
Cougar21
Damon
Wrex
bulldogspirit

11 POINTS
BootsOntheSide

10 POINTS
nameless
steve_r
Rafael

9 POINTS
pb btcc
Epsilon
Carla O
Mark F1
f1manoz
AussieV8

8 POINTS
esorniloc
Fish_Flake
TeddyG

7 POINTS
Valve Bounce,
Led ZeppF1
Don K

6 POINTS
Kenny W

5 POINTS
Jellybabe
Andy F

4 POINTS
Golem,
LucaBadoer
rmorfel
omega99

3 POINTS
greg.n
flor
totalwreck
Irv the Swerve
JonesF1

2 POINTS
knowlesy
mike wazowski
Jordi
badoer fan
Raven
Francesca
f1 na web

1 POINTS
Simon 5574
Spaced invader
Blue
Kex
Ste
Rollhoop

0 POINTS
Armco Bender

ONLY 4DAYS TIL 1ST PRACTICE IN FRANCE STARTS.....SO NO REST FOR US ALL THIS WEEK !!!

cheers everyone

Sato san and Mr V

[Edited at the request of Sato san to amend a score.]

Last edited by R; 1 Jul 2003 at 15:34.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 10:45 (Ref:647015)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Well done guys, busy week ahead. Pity I had a relatively lousy round - I even let Red gain and equal me overall Next week...
Old 30 Jun 2003, 10:53 (Ref:647020)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<grins evilly at Asp> mwahahaaaaa....

Next target Mr. Ashmore
Old 30 Jun 2003, 13:32 (Ref:647201)   #4
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmm...? After the last round I had 15 points, this round I scored 4 points and my overall total is still 15?
Old 30 Jun 2003, 15:58 (Ref:647335)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry Daisy....will correct that for you !
Old 30 Jun 2003, 17:24 (Ref:647428)   #6
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 points Highest score i have got in this Comptition
Old 30 Jun 2003, 20:07 (Ref:647635)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fading fast...
Old 1 Jul 2003, 05:51 (Ref:647989)   #8
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i cant complain about my results
Old 1 Jul 2003, 08:04 (Ref:648058)   #9
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got disqualified!

I managed to post - the thread was still open - even though free practice had started.

I gave the answers I would have given and did not alter them to suit the times that had come in, but someone 'grassed' me up to Mr V and Sato.

Surely the thread should have been closed.

That's not my fault but the Moderators!

I don't think I'm going to 'play' here anymore - it's just simply not fair!

In future I shall concentrate on my 10-10th's Fantasy Team (which is currently 40 points clear at the top) and spending more time with my family.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 08:12 (Ref:648064)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
10 bonus points to be awarded to Hugh for the most touching post of the day....

please come back to play next week Hugh , the comp wouldnt be the same without you mate !
Old 1 Jul 2003, 08:21 (Ref:648073)   #11
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three points, not bad at all, one point catched up to the top and one to the 4th step!
Old 1 Jul 2003, 08:37 (Ref:648094)   #12
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
10 bonus points to be awarded to Hugh for the most touching post of the day
Can I really have ten points for the harsh treatment I received? Or are you merely teasing me in a joky-jesting type manner?

By the way, take care when it comes to 'touching posts' you can end up with a nasty splinter. My advice is give them a good rub down with coarse glasspaper first, and if you have time, a couple of coats of varnish 'cut back' in between. That way you can guarantee quite delightful smoothness.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 15:32 (Ref:648534)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Jarce
I got disqualified!

I managed to post - the thread was still open - even though free practice had started.

I gave the answers I would have given and did not alter them to suit the times that had come in, but someone 'grassed' me up to Mr V and Sato.

Surely the thread should have been closed.

That's not my fault but the Moderators!

I don't think I'm going to 'play' here anymore - it's just simply not fair!

In future I shall concentrate on my 10-10th's Fantasy Team (which is currently 40 points clear at the top) and spending more time with my family.
Oh well, I am soooo sorry, but the deadline still applies, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not. I thought everyone knew that? I can't really see the big issue here, and it's not our fault if you post too late, as the deadline is announced in the opening post every time - plus if you follow F1, you will know when practice starts.

The moderators also have lives away from the computers, you know. The deadline passes during my work hours, and I can't always rush to the computer on company time just to satisfy your need for the thread to be closed in order to understand that the deadline has passed, when I have urgent business to take care of at work.

I hope you will re-read your post and realize how incredibly immature you make yourself sound.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 19:41 (Ref:648806)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
R, buddy, I think Hugh was kidding...
Old 1 Jul 2003, 20:27 (Ref:648853)   #15
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by R
I hope you will re-read your post and realize how incredibly immature you make yourself sound.

Ga-ga-go-goo-baba!

With one of my Amercian mates we often had to hold one hand up as a signal when we were having laugh cos he just couldn't get it.

R - next time mate I shall type 'Joke' at the beginning of the post so its clearer!

Having said that, the thread was still open so I may take it to the Court of Appeal and sue the knickers off you.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 22:27 (Ref:649014)   #16
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I do actually "get it" most of the time, but when you didn't use one single winkie smilie in your entire post, it was a little difficult to decipher that you were actually joking...

We who run these competitions actually get these kind of complaints in complete seriousness from time to time (or at least I have, several times), so when you don't use the smilies...

And yes, it may happen also in the future that the thread is open, but that doesn't mean that the deadline doesn't stand.

Last edited by R; 1 Jul 2003 at 22:29.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 13:45 (Ref:649673)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
That told you Hugh !!!!
Sorry mate , but im gonna have deduct those 10 extra points we gave you now , for being to cheeky to R !

Old 2 Jul 2003, 19:44 (Ref:650027)   #18
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Sato - you are such a tease. You offer me indulgences and then whip them away, leaving me feeling utterly empty and frustrated.

I better keep my mouth shut now or else you'll be docking my endowment even more.

And, as for 'R' - what kind have job have you got that prevents you from checking 10-10th's every 15 minutes. Get and grip and sort your boss out.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 20:03 (Ref:650063)   #19
R
Veteran

Yeah, it's not good, is it!
Old 2 Jul 2003, 20:08 (Ref:650070)   #20
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Well - this week I shall make sure I get mine in nice and early for Magny Cours.

Last edited by Hugh Jarce; 2 Jul 2003 at 20:09.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 10:38 (Ref:650635)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And it's a massive two points for Knowlesy on his debut!