Old 12 Aug 2003, 15:39 (Ref:686307)   #1
johneturbo
Rookie

johneturbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanx mallory marshals

thanx to the mallory marshals
for the help at gerrards
i was stockhatch #47
i liked you all so much that i thought i would join you for the race aswell so 2 offs once in qually and then in the race, on the same corner DoH

Old 12 Aug 2003, 16:58 (Ref:686383)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi, John, and thanks for the message. You did keep us well entertained, even if you did make me run away the first time! I'm happy to say it was a pleasure meeting you, and all the drivers who visited us during the day, as you were all such a friendly bunch.

Best wishes for the rest of your season, and I hope you can sort whatever was causing your problem.
Old 12 Aug 2003, 17:23 (Ref:686411)   #3
johneturbo
Rookie

johneturbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
I hope you can sort whatever was causing your problem.
Erm that will be the driver
i have the on-board so i'll post a link when i've uploaded them..for your enjoyment

even thou i only done a few laps i do like mallory

hope to be back
Old 12 Aug 2003, 20:21 (Ref:686584)   #4
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't say I remember too much of your first visit to us. I was undertaking a close examination of the floor in the observers hut at the time.
Old 12 Aug 2003, 20:43 (Ref:686598)   #5
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That must be one of the few incidents that didn't happen on Stebbe Straight then
Old 13 Aug 2003, 00:33 (Ref:686775)   #6
PDL
Rookie

PDL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Erm that will be the driver
Come on John! Don't be hard on yourself - it's not often you make a mistake. That's got to be your first mistake ever?

Marshals - Do you know what happened to the Locost driver that was cut out of the car? I trust he was OK?

Phil
Car 68
Old 13 Aug 2003, 00:58 (Ref:686785)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, didn't hear and couldn't see from where we were. We all hope he's OK, though. If anyone's in contact, send our best wishes.

Stonekicker, I assume you were on Stebbe Straight then? We were really busy most of the day. I think we had at least one example of every category escept single seaters, and even one of them spun and continued.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 07:40 (Ref:686876)   #8
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was on Stebbe and it was very busy. Was first on scene for the locost but haven't heard anything since he left curcuit so trust he recovered well. Best wishes for the locost driver. John it's very much appreiciated when a driver says thanks.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 11:22 (Ref:687009)   #9
Mark Benson
Rookie

Mark Benson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, Mallory lived up to it's name as the friendly circuit last weekend - I was in the Locost race stopped because of the off. The driver in question is Ian McLoughlin, I haven't heard any news as yet though.
Despite having to sit on the grid for what seemed like an age in the pouring rain, several of the marshals and officials stayed out to chat with us, which was nice.
Not so nice was restarting the race on dry tyres and settings in a downpour - if anyone saw it, I was the Locost that did a 720 round Devil's Elbow, then a gentle drift onto the infield at Gerrards. After that, I decided to take it easy so I didn't end up meeting any more marshals.

Last edited by Mark Benson; 13 Aug 2003 at 11:25.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 23:46 (Ref:687713)   #10
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that one driver was released from hospital as ok (think it was locost). Other driver (RGB?) had 3 broken ribs and will, I assume, need a short rest.