Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Aug 2003, 11:54 (Ref:694264)   #1
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proposed Modified "B" Regulations

According to the BRDA website, there has been some new proposed regulations for the modified category to be introduced next year. Looks like at last they are trying to bring them in line with European regs. The current modified cars will run as usual but alonside them, modified "B" cars which will be built to div 1a rules. It's certainly a step in the right direction as it will reduce build/running costs and allow british drivers back into international competition. It seems like the class is designed to be an intermediate between stock hatch and modified which is really what the championship needs at the moment.

http://www.rallycrossuk.com/index.mv?rsn=8&rpn=411
Old 21 Aug 2003, 12:12 (Ref:694294)   #2
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Peter S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have u read the regs? This is crazy....they will allow 2 litre cars in to the class which arent allowed in Europe. This is sheer madness as the division 1a class should be adopted as a whole, which more than likely mean more non european spec cars. I cant understand British Rallycross any more. You either adopt a FIA category or dont.....not mess around with something in between. This is the exact reason why the GB dont have a round of the European series and never will at this rate. Something has got to be done about this as unless the proper European regs are adopted then British rallycross will remain the laughing stock of Europe.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 13:18 (Ref:694402)   #3
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, didn't read the regs all the way through. I agree allowing 2 litre cars in is stupid.....that's creating yet another category which is different to any other in any country! The BRDA is asking for feedback on the regulations from the drivers and hopefully they'll bring this point up!!Can anyone submit replies on the BRDA website or just drivers???
Old 21 Aug 2003, 13:41 (Ref:694422)   #4
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
I have sent an email and response back to them...if you want to see european rallycross back in this country then i suggest you all respond. I stated european regs should be adopted as a whole with the addtional class for modified. From the ERC, drivers and teams told me GB needs to get involved in Europe once again or we could be isolated. I know of 5 drivers who are prepared to race in Europe next year from GB who have stated that they are disatisfied with the way the sport is being run at the moment.

Anyone can reply to the regulations on the BRDA website and suggest you do so.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 13:44 (Ref:694427)   #5
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Also the real reason why FIA offroad president was at Lydden Hill in August was to look at the Stock Hatch class as it was reported in one magazine that they stated the cars are unsafe and should not be raced. This was apperently due to the lack of strength in the shells and they are not allowed to use road going rims......hence the change in the stock hatch regs mid way through the year. Also it was reported that there should be no more than six stock hatch cars on the circuit at one time due to these safety concerns.

And the new modified rules could end up flat just like the supercar spaceframe regs. For the future of GB rallycross then European regs wholey have to be adopted.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 15:52 (Ref:694518)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
It seems strange to change the regulations so they partly mirror the euro regs - if they're going to be changed why not just use the euro regs, they obviously work so why mess about with them? Whilst they're changing the regulations they should ditch the spaceframe idea (before anybody else builds one).

Are the drivers who're prepared to compete in europe supercar or modified drivers?

I'm not sure that the stock hatch cars are unsafe - it's more the drivers. The cars are very similar to circuit racing stock hatches so I don't see what the problem is. As for not having more than 6 on track, you usually haven't by the end of the heat or final!
Old 21 Aug 2003, 16:03 (Ref:694529)   #7
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
It seems to be the same story GB has had for ever. Never go with the flow as they always have to adopt something different - then end up with egg on there face....i.e spacframe regs as Bert stated. I just dont have a clue what the people involved in GB rallycross are thinking.

There are 4 supercar drivers and 1 possibly two modified racers planning on Europe at the moment from what i have been told.

The 2004 calender will probably also have two Irish double headers as Nutts Corner and Kirkistown will share the first one with Mondello Park apperently having another one later in the year....does this mean an increased calender i wonder? If the 2 double headers in ireland go ahead then it will put budgets right up.

As for Stock Hatch then one of the main concerns was the rims what they have changed, but there are still concerns apperently. I think maybe FIA spec roll cages may have been hinted at for the class as well.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 22:42 (Ref:702224)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can tell you what the People involved in GB are thinking CHING CHING ££££££ CHING CHING lol, brda are bunch of useless P to the r to the a to the T to the S.

However, kirkistown is hinted to be only 1 round of the irish and 0 of the british ??! aparently anyway

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..