Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 2 Sep 2003, 20:04 (Ref:706029)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What kart track did Johnny Hebert start at in Cornwall?

Anyone know? apparently he was bitten by the bug racing at a track his uncle owned - anyone know where? cheers
This was the second question that entered my head today, the first was telepathetically pre-empted here... http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=43124

who else was thinking about where Johhny started then??
Old 2 Sep 2003, 21:00 (Ref:706097)   #2
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know he's a big fan and the major advertiser of Buckmore Park, but that's near brands Hatch in Kent.

Clay Pigeon is in Dorset and is extremely good, it might have been that?
Old 2 Sep 2003, 21:02 (Ref:706101)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was it Buckmore Park ? Always used to see it advertising in Autosport with Johnny Herberts endorsement in the ad.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 21:37 (Ref:706148)   #4
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, he's there big advertiser, but i'm not sure if that was the track where he started out. I was pretty sure that it was?
Old 2 Sep 2003, 21:48 (Ref:706167)   #5
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My understanding is that Herbert (who grew up in Essex, pretty close to Buckmore) was instructed by Bill Sisley at Buckmore as a kid, hence the willingness to do promotional work.

It's perectly feasible that he first drove a kart elsewhere, however. Buckmore would just have been the most convenient circuit once the bug had bitten.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 21:49 (Ref:706168)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No it was while on hols in cornwall - probably only some holiday park track, just woindering where it was really.. my great uncle raced in coirnwall in the 60s so there was a track or two - st.day and I think whitecross.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 09:21 (Ref:706572)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

I've posted the question on Johnnys website.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 15:15 (Ref:710906)   #8
the_extreme
Rookie

the_extreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surbiton? - don't think its there anymore - I raced against him as a kid.

Jeff
Old 7 Sep 2003, 15:30 (Ref:710913)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by the_extreme
Surbiton? - don't think its there anymore - I raced against him as a kid.

Jeff
According to the legend it was a karting track whilst on holiday in cornwall that his Uncle owned , I doubt it was a proper race track. Surbitons in Surrey isnt it?