Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Sep 2003, 00:48 (Ref:728247)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Musical chairs

It's that time of year again, where we look at the remaining seats (very few) and the drivers looking to put their bums in them (very many).

So what seats are left, and what drivers are in the running?

Thoughts?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 01:41 (Ref:728268)   #2
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sauber = 1
Jag =1
Bar=1
Jordon =2

I think thats it
Old 24 Sep 2003, 02:08 (Ref:728279)   #3
webberisgod
Rookie

webberisgod should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Sauber had Massa and Fisi locked in allready?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 02:37 (Ref:728288)   #4
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Yeah thats right I forgot that
Old 24 Sep 2003, 04:43 (Ref:728342)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or Schumi Lite decides he doesnt want to come back, and Gene gets the 2004 gig, warming the seat for Webber in 2005?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 05:18 (Ref:728357)   #6
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I've said it before PLS MARK not at williams pls anything but williams.
Anyway Ralf/BMW will be a pairing for a while anyway
Old 24 Sep 2003, 07:12 (Ref:728412)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Sauber = Fisi/Massa

Jag = Webber/Wurz

BAR = Button/Sato

Jordan = Firman/McNish

Just leaves Minardi.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
I've said it before PLS MARK not at williams pls anything but williams.
Anyway Ralf/BMW will be a pairing for a while anyway
Why wouldn't you want your driver to go to the team that is currently leading the WCC and has one of it's drivers in major contention for the WDC? :confused:
Old 24 Sep 2003, 08:08 (Ref:728450)   #8
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Massa actually officially signed?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 08:36 (Ref:728465)   #9
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Why wouldn't you want your driver to go to the team that is currently leading the WCC and has one of it's drivers in major contention for the WDC?

Well I'm in two minds about it
1. Yes Ralf and Mark would make the strongest driver combo in F1 and the might of BMW motors becon and this year has been the best year in what I can remember for Williams driver management .
2. Past years Williams have has far from perfect driver conditions and I would hate Mark to have to go through bad work enviroment just for a chance at the WDC where other teams can do it and look after there drivers
3. I think Mark can make the Jag a race winner he is one only a few drivers who can build a team to work just like our current world champ does . but a 2nd driver is a big part the up ward climb and I agree with you Wurz would be Ideal
Old 24 Sep 2003, 08:40 (Ref:728469)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
...Past years Williams have has far from perfect driver conditions and I would hate Mark to have to go through bad work enviroment just for a chance at the WDC where other teams can do it and look after there drivers
Have you forgotten who Mark Webber drives for?

Williams are firmly and probably for ever one of the elite three teams at the top, and that is only partly due to BMW power! The whole package is almost always excellent - don't forget they were second only to the all powerful F2002 last year.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 08:59 (Ref:728486)   #11
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
things change
Mac was all powerful to remember and they have a car in hiding . These days F1 is becoming unpredictable and as Teams like Renualt and Jag come up which they are with Toyota the BIG 3 will be a thing of the past it will have a 5 team outlook .
No I haven't forgotten who Mark drivers for a good team with a foward direction Jag has come a long way this year and more will come If they had two scoring drivers all year Renault would be worried .
Mark can see the light (he is a smart guy ) just a few little things are needed at the big cat and big steps will be made . It a long way from the earlier Badly managed team but some mistakes still have to be repaired from the Lauda days
Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:14 (Ref:728499)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dream on Mark - if the real Webber had half a chance to get in a Williams (or Mclaren) he'd jump at it without a second thought - he'd be mad not to.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:20 (Ref:728508)   #13
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark is locked in at Jag unless some one buys him out and tight Frank doesn't pay
Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:25 (Ref:728514)   #14
Glen
Veteran

That would be where the "if "and "the half a chance" comes in. I agree that it won't hppen, but if it did it woud represent a major career advance for Webber. Mind you, that might swiftly be followed by the exact opposite if he finds himself out of his depth - so I do agree that Jaguar "fits" his need better at the moment in that sense.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:31 (Ref:728518)   #15
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I don't think depth would be a issue . But we are talking williams so how knows
Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:41 (Ref:728527)   #16
Glen
Veteran

I'm full of admiration for Webber, but there's a big difference between performing really well in a team that is only expected to pick up points here and there and being a driver who is expected to challenge for the championship as a matter of course, as he would be in a top 3 team. Then you've got masses of other issues to deal with that he might not be ready for.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:45 (Ref:728530)   #17
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa allegedly has been told by Ferrari not to sign yet in case MS goes after this season
Old 24 Sep 2003, 10:20 (Ref:728549)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I should think Mark Webber would handle Williams without a problem. Frank likes Aussie drivers who can look after themselves, and MW is one of those in the old Alan Jones mould... and given that the Jag this season is the best of the Cosworth 3 but thats not saying much, he is highly rated

Sheet even Autosport has recommenced praising him more than Wilson... and that took a few GPs to happen

I doubt he would want to go to McLaren.... that whole Mercedes thing was a poisoned chalice...
Old 24 Sep 2003, 10:43 (Ref:728566)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well I'm in two minds about it
1. Yes Ralf and Mark would make the strongest driver combo in F1
If Mark ended up in the seat, it would be because JPM was at McLaren, so Ralf and Mark wouldn't be the strongest driver line up, Juan Pablo and Kimi would
Old 24 Sep 2003, 10:53 (Ref:728573)   #20
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being realistic, for Mark to be a championship contender in the short term he's got to get a drive for one of the big three. I think if a Williams drive came along Webber wouldn't hesitate swapping teams at all.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 10:59 (Ref:728585)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
given that the Jag this season is the best of the Cosworth 3
It should be, Jags the only works team. (although i'll bet that they are jealous at Jordan Cosworths win )

However, this is not to take anything away from Mark, he has driven brilliantly this season.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 11:40 (Ref:728619)   #22
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Barrichello officialy be announced by Ferrari yet???
Old 24 Sep 2003, 11:44 (Ref:728622)   #23
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rubens has a contract for 2004, so i think he'll be a red for next year. He's had some great performances this year and when BS's were terrible he was out racing MS so i don't think he'll be replaced
Old 24 Sep 2003, 12:12 (Ref:728649)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So far, Massa remains as Ferrari test driver for 2004.

RB, has the seat for 2004, and is in talks to keep it for 2005.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 12:47 (Ref:728679)   #25
Joe Machado
Rookie

Joe Machado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Fisi at Jaguar with Webber. The Jag has been better than the Sauber and by the looks of it they will outpace Sauber in 2004 again. These two tearing at each other would make for some great competition.

McNish at Jordan alongside a newcomer with potential would also make for a good show provided Jordan can improve their chassis and get the Cosworth being used by Jag in 2003.

Massa and Wilson at Sauber would also be interesting giving Wilson a chance to start a season with a better chassis and engine package with time to develop.