Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Oct 2003, 10:18 (Ref:746130)   #1
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Tickets

Just a quick bit of advice for people looking at going to Le Mans for the first time.
I have been looking at the different websites, and Just Tickets advertise the fact that Qualifying tickets are "Free of charge when booking main race tickets with us" .
When you buy a general admitance ticket for the race from who ever, it allows you entry to the pre qualifying in May included in the price, so one ticket will get you into both.
You can buy a seperate pre-qualifying ticket if you require and it is cheaper to buy it on the gate in May.
Just Tickets are good and I have used them a lot of times, just don't get sucked into something which people claim is a bonus when it is not.
Old 10 Oct 2003, 13:04 (Ref:746279)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quite right, egor.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 10:35 (Ref:753072)   #3
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burn them!

Just Tickets that is, not the tickets....
H
Old 16 Oct 2003, 11:23 (Ref:753121)   #4
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Le Mans Tickets

Quote:
Originally posted by egor
Just a quick bit of advice for people looking at going to Le Mans for the first time.
I have been looking at the different websites, and Just Tickets advertise the fact that Qualifying tickets are "Free of charge when booking main race tickets with us" .
When you buy a general admitance ticket for the race from who ever, it allows you entry to the pre qualifying in May included in the price, so one ticket will get you into both.
You can buy a seperate pre-qualifying ticket if you require and it is cheaper to buy it on the gate in May.
Just Tickets are good and I have used them a lot of times, just don't get sucked into something which people claim is a bonus when it is not.
JT - Aparently more cunning than a fox with a degree in Cunning from the University of Cunningham.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 12:16 (Ref:753165)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They did let me have some freebies a couple of years ago though........
Old 16 Oct 2003, 13:02 (Ref:753239)   #6
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucky you!!!
Old 16 Oct 2003, 13:19 (Ref:753258)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah race tickets get you into the practice weekend. Which would be good - it is a shame the ACO have never sent our race tickets before the practice weekend!
Old 16 Oct 2003, 13:26 (Ref:753262)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just Tickets have told me that the only camping tickets left available from them are Expo!
Its only bloody October.
Are people bulk buying hoping to make a quick buck next June or are the Car clubs buying them up.

Last edited by Nordic; 16 Oct 2003 at 13:27.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 13:43 (Ref:753276)   #9
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There was talk on the club arnage forum that they were going to bulk buy, I dont know if this has happened.

Also I may have a spare camping ticket, which I will sell at cost if it is available so let me know if you are interested
Old 16 Oct 2003, 14:19 (Ref:753303)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Are people bulk buying hoping to make a quick buck next June
Mmm, not sure, it's really full... Let's not forget that a lot of fans are interrested by those places, and that there's not so much...
Old 16 Oct 2003, 14:31 (Ref:753323)   #11
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just Tickets say the camp sites are filling up quickly.

Both Just tickets and Airtrack cannot confirm the price of the camping tickets as of yet - how can you sell something or buy something if you do not know the cost, is this the ACO's doing or is it the companies not wanting to put a price out just in case they can make more money?
Old 16 Oct 2003, 14:39 (Ref:753334)   #12
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Mal, I will need to speak to my fellow travellers re a possible change of plan.

Just tickets take a deposit of £50 per camping ticket and only sell 1 camping per 2 general entrance then when the price is released you pay the diffrence.

I suspect a lot of people have booked tickets that won't be taken up so may become reavailable.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 15:11 (Ref:753376)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
I suspect a lot of people have booked tickets that won't be taken up so may become reavailable.
That's what ACO confirm each year : mostly teams that are not granted on the grid... not only for campsites, but for parking lots (white) and GS too...
Old 16 Oct 2003, 15:59 (Ref:753416)   #14
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I usually book the maximum possible numbers that may come and sometimes have one or two spare.The problem is that you have to reserve them so early that not everyone is committed and as I dont want to miss out I take a guess at the numbers. Camping tickets are never a problem to sell but grandstand tickets are sometimes not so easy. But I ALWAYS sell them at cost. It is usually by Christmas that I get a clear picture of the numbers in our party.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 16:30 (Ref:753436)   #15
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh no!! not tickets already!!!
Well, it seems to me that the clerical equivalent of the starters pistol, is the ACO actually putting a price on the tickets. You wouldn't think this was so difficult. Last year for the first time they actually had the prices set by September/October, that way people had their orders confirmed and cards swiped. You then knew where you stood.

However it seems like the ACO are still gasping on the finish line after last years effort, and we're back to the usual schedule. The fact is, until the prices are set, and the ACO have received peoples money, they really have no idea of how many tickets they have available.

It doesn't help either that Agencies like MRI, Airtrack etc block book huge numbers on a speculative basis and create a log jam that p****s everyone right off.

Harumph!
Old 17 Oct 2003, 05:34 (Ref:754016)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by bigh
Oh no!! not tickets already!!!
Yes ! Tickets already ! Makes us feel as if the race'll be closer !