Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Oct 2003, 18:30 (Ref:752536)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Changes FOR 2004

The foll changes have been made for 2004!!

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...15200752.shtml

I hope the new quly works i mean this year we had some great grids!!

EDIT: should work now!

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Oct 2003 at 19:06.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 18:38 (Ref:752544)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The World Sport Council met today in Paris and the following changes will be made for Formula One in 2004.
Race Weekend Schedule
Friday
11.00-12.00 Free practice
14.00-15.00 Free practice
During both sessions all teams, other than those who finished in the top four positions of the previous year’s World Championship for Constructors, will be permitted to run a third car provided any driver of this car:
- is not one of the team’s nominated drivers for the Event in question;
- is in possession of a Super Licence;
- has not taken place in more than six World Championship Events during the two previous World Championships.

If one of the team’s nominated drivers is deemed unable to drive at some stage after the end initial scrutineering, and the stewards agree to a change of driver, the driver of a third car may take part in the remainder of the Event. Under such circumstances a driver who started the Event as a “third” driver would have to continue with the same engine for the remainder of the Event.
The requirements of Article 60 concerning car livery will not apply to the third car being used during these two sessions but will apply should this car be used as the team’s spare car during the remainder of the event.
Saturday
10.00-10.45 Free practice
11.15-12.00 Free practice
14.00 Qualifying begins and will be run as follows:
- the session will be held in two parts separated by two minutes;
- during the first part each driver will carry out a single timed lap as now starting in the order they finished in the previous race. At the first race of the year the order of the last Event of the previous year’s World Championship will be used (in both cases any new drivers will be arranged in numerical order);
- any car stopping in the first part will not be allowed to take part in the second, if the car is brought back to the pits before the end of the session it must remain in parc fermé until the end of the session;
- refuelling rigs will be allowed in the first part subject to everyone wearing suitable clothing and photographers being restricted as for a race;
- the running order for the second part will be determined by the times achieved in the first part reversed;
- cars will run with race fuel and race settings as in 2003;
- in both sessions cars will be released as the previous one crosses the Line to start its flying lap;
- in both sessions the 6th, 11th and 16th cars in sequence will be released two minutes after the previous finishes its flying lap;
Sunday
14.00 Race (or at other times according to the relevant schedule).

40 dry-weather tyres per driver are allowed

Tyre use and allocation
The number of dry-weather tyres available to each driver during the Event will remain the same at forty, twenty front and twenty rear.
Each driver will be allocated three sets of dry-weather tyres for use on Friday, these may not be used at any other time during the Event. No tyres from the remaining seven sets may be used on Friday.
The choice of dry-weather tyre for qualifying and race must be made by 09.00 on Saturday (either specification of tyre may be used for the free practice sessions on Saturday). However, if both Friday sessions are declared wet this choice may be postponed until 13.00 on Saturday.
The number of wet-weather tyres available to each driver during the Event will remain the same at twenty-eight, fourteen front and fourteen rear.
Extreme weather tyres will continue to be permitted but, as now, may only be used when authorised.
Parc fermé procedures
To remain the same as in 2003 but the practice of fuel circulation for the purposes of cooling will now be prohibited.
Number of drivers per car
Each team will now be allowed to use four drivers during each season, not including any third driver running in the Friday sessions.
Pit lane speed limit
The speed limit for qualifying and race will be raised to 100km/h. In accordance with Article 100 (of the draft 2004 Sporting Regulations) the Permanent Bureau may be asked to consider a lower limit at tracks which have a particularly narrow pit lane.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 18:39 (Ref:752545)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
There seems to be something wrong with the link (works sometimes) hence i've copied and pasted the article....
Old 15 Oct 2003, 19:04 (Ref:752575)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Link works now

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Oct 2003 at 19:06.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 19:15 (Ref:752580)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
This third car is of interest, particularly that it can run under any livery.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 19:22 (Ref:752584)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BAR must be rueing their luck on that rule!

It's not a massive overhaul really, a lot of rules won't really be noticed. The biggest seems to be the scheduling.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 19:25 (Ref:752590)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, I think this new qual will mix up things more...
Old 15 Oct 2003, 19:39 (Ref:752601)   #8
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
This third car is of interest, particularly that it can run under any livery.
I like the idea of a third car being in a completely different livery, i just hope that the teams get creative!
Old 15 Oct 2003, 20:02 (Ref:752626)   #9
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, they've decided that they don't want people to come on Fridys afterall. Or are they just expecting people to turn up to see the cars in free practice.

I was rather hoping that they might at least let the drivers set their grid position without race levels of fuel in the cars. Oh well....
Old 16 Oct 2003, 00:31 (Ref:752792)   #10
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
BAR must be rueing their luck on that rule!
I hope we get to see to 555 livery again... and with these new rules they could get Davidson to do some Friday running...
Old 16 Oct 2003, 00:51 (Ref:752807)   #11
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is another link that credits ten-tenths for the rule changes also why would you have a rule that you can only have 1 engine for the race if you can break the rule by paying a fine how does this help the bottom 6 teams.

http://www.f1central.net/news/?actio...2f1f18e504e2d5
Old 16 Oct 2003, 02:49 (Ref:752839)   #12
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the rule that the 3rd driver can't have competed in more than 6 GPs over the last 2 seasons? It really sucks as it stops people like Allan McNish or Heinz-Harald being used. So you can run a third car but it has to be someone with enough experience to get a Superlicence (or spend valuable time and money getting one) but not enough to provide much valuable feedback.

Of course these are the rule changes that increase the size of the rear wing and bodywork when most racing enthusiasts are advocating the opposite. And why are they doing it? To increase the amount of space for sponsorship!

Formula One continues its slide on the slippery slope
Old 16 Oct 2003, 09:23 (Ref:753026)   #13
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by woodbine
[BOf course these are the rule changes that increase the size of the rear wing and bodywork when most racing enthusiasts are advocating the opposite. And why are they doing it? To increase the amount of space for sponsorship!

Formula One continues its slide on the slippery slope [/B]
Huh? Where are these rear wing rules?
Old 16 Oct 2003, 09:41 (Ref:753039)   #14
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Friday free practice could be a way for the likes of Minardi to make some money, they could paint their third car in the national colours of whatever Grand Prix they're at & hire a driver from that country to be their third driver for the weekend.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 09:47 (Ref:753042)   #15
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
personally I think they've all lost the plot

especially regarding:
Qualifying will be run as follows:

the session will be held in two parts separated by two minutes...any car stopping in the first part will not be allowed to take part in the second

what's that all about..so if you mess up in one you dont even get a chance in two? I thought we were supposed to be seeing more of the cars not less

Last edited by PaulSands; 16 Oct 2003 at 09:48.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 11:09 (Ref:753112)   #16
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 opportunities to get it wrong.

Only one opportunity to do well.

So i spose a lot of people will be careful on their first run.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 15:20 (Ref:753380)   #17
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the rule changes dont appear too obvious, the qualifying seems the same but all in one session rather than fri/sat. how is this likely to affect tv scheduling?
Old 16 Oct 2003, 15:22 (Ref:753381)   #18
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I can't imagine ITV giving over 2 hours or more to the combined session in the middle of a Saturday afternoon, can you?

I hope Bernie's digital F1 is resurrected...
Old 16 Oct 2003, 15:35 (Ref:753393)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Well I can't imagine ITV giving over 2 hours or more to the combined session in the middle of a Saturday afternoon, can you?

I hope Bernie's digital F1 is resurrected...
Agreed on that, after all, they won't want to interupt CD:UK or re-runs of Trisha
Old 16 Oct 2003, 15:58 (Ref:753414)   #20
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sorry for you ladies and gents in the UK, if any of you can somehow get your hands on speevision, then do it....they may show NASCAR constantly but when they do F1, they actually do F1...as for the rule changes, I can honestly say I am nuetral on most of them except for the qualifying one...I like qualifying as it is now, just look at the grid at Suzuka
Old 16 Oct 2003, 16:38 (Ref:753441)   #21
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
I can honestly say I am nuetral on most of them except for the qualifying one...I like qualifying as it is now, just look at the grid at Suzuka
qualifying is supposed to by about drivers battling each other for a place on the grid! Not some drivers battling each and others battling the weather as well. The results are then not comparable for all drivers - why not throw oil on the track at random intervals then we will have a grid - it's just not right.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 16:39 (Ref:753442)   #22
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...or artificially flood the track?
Old 16 Oct 2003, 16:51 (Ref:753453)   #23
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...or draw straws? Let them have two hours going hell for leather all out on track at once. They may then put a banker lap in then try and improve on it - whilst maximizing the car during pit stops we get to see the cars and drivers at their best. The fuel rule forget it, Parc ferme forget it - I want to see the best of everything and not the best of circumstances. ahhhhhhhh I feel better now.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 08:52 (Ref:754141)   #24
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by woodbine
What about the rule that the 3rd driver can't have competed in more than 6 GPs over the last 2 seasons? It really sucks as it stops people like Allan McNish or Heinz-Harald being used. So you can run a third car but it has to be someone with enough experience to get a Superlicence (or spend valuable time and money getting one) but not enough to provide much valuable feedback.
Apparently there are legal problems with this rule:
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns12052.html
Old 17 Oct 2003, 09:31 (Ref:754182)   #25
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That'll be another reason we'll end up with no European races cos the EU wont allow a restriction on trade like this.

I think I might just say goodbye to F1 and let them stew in their own self interest..bring on the sportscars