Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 17 Oct 2003, 16:02 (Ref:754499)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Nobody Cares But Me

Ever since the first time I saw it, I wanted it. And that was back in June. But, you see, it took many months of tireless work to convince my wife!

Anyway, my new jacket arrived at my door this morning, and I'm a happy camper! Although the word itself is nowhere to be seen, there is a Players logo on it, and "It's Your World" in a coupla spots. Soon that will be hard to find, as "they just don't make 'em like that anymore!"

In fact, the guy on the phone told me that I got the last one in a large...

I also ordered each of my girls Ashley Taws T-shirts. (The smallest children's size available is still too big for either of them!) But I was very impressed to open the bags and find that Ashley had hand-signed each of them on the back shoulder, and they sent along two autographed picture-cards to boot!

Sorry, everybody, for wasting your time. But I'm having a great day!
(So far...)
Old 17 Oct 2003, 16:06 (Ref:754502)   #2
extreme
Rookie

Canada
Edmonton, AB
extreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sweet jacket macdaddy
Old 17 Oct 2003, 16:46 (Ref:754544)   #3
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a cool deal all around - you have every right to be gloating. (I didn't think it was a waste of time!)
Old 17 Oct 2003, 16:48 (Ref:754547)   #4
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Nice jacket, Macdaddy! What do you want for it? I make a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich!?
Old 17 Oct 2003, 17:32 (Ref:754593)   #5
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Nobody Cares But Me

Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
Sorry, everybody, for wasting your time. But I'm having a great day! (So far...)
That's ok! Finally I have some time to waste! (No more exams! )

BTW great jacket you have there!!!

Old 17 Oct 2003, 17:41 (Ref:754597)   #6
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey MacDaddy,
since you've got the last one in large - I suggest you don't wear it to a race... should any of us catch you wearing it - WE'LL RIP IT OFF YOUR BACK !!!!!!!!!!!

Now, you're envied by all, especially me. Enjoy it. And don't forget Molsons while wearing it. Cheers.

zerO
Old 18 Oct 2003, 03:51 (Ref:754900)   #7
BizTeacher
Rookie

BizTeacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice jacket. I went to a mall called Square 1 in Mississauga, Ontario (Canada) and into a store called Car Buffs (I think this is a stand alone store)and they have several Forsythe Racing jackets in different sizes exactly like the one pictured in this forum. i would purchase one, but I'm broke! I believe they deliver, but am not entirely sure. They have a variety of sizes (small to XL - yep, they have large too) so do a google search on Square One, and you will get a directory for the store. Hope this helps any would-be shoppers.
Old 18 Oct 2003, 05:27 (Ref:754913)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great grab macdaddy! I nabbed a polo in Toronto and a nice hat in Montreal - won't be much more of that around.

Good call on the Ashley Taws gear too! She's a very nice girl and will hopefully move up next season - she mentioned F2000 or somewhere else in the states. I think she's studying some kind of business at Fanshawe now.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 20 Oct 2003, 02:09 (Ref:756503)   #9
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's funny I was in square one last friday and saw that store. I was quiet surprised it existed. What stuff of interest do they have there.

Ashley Taws is @ Fanshaw in London? Cool.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 15:55 (Ref:757163)   #10
BizTeacher
Rookie

BizTeacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the merchandise in Sq. 1 is Formula 1 and Nascar. There are a few CART items (VHS tapes, posters, books, claendars). I was suprised to see the jacket there, and can't understand why there isn't a lot of CART merchandise considering it is quite popular in this area.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 16:57 (Ref:757218)   #11
ringo-r
Rookie

ringo-r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Nobody Cares But Me

Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
Ever since the first time I saw it, I wanted it. And that was back in June. But, you see, it took many months of tireless work to convince my wife!
Please post tips on convincing the Mrs.
(just kidding)

I'm jealous.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 17:33 (Ref:757252)   #12
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Ringo...
Bring the subject up in conversation, every single day, until they finally get sick of hearing about it!
Old 20 Oct 2003, 20:27 (Ref:757440)   #13
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, 1 month per $75 required is my usual leadup. I've been talking about my Le Mans trip for almost two years, now...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Oct 2003, 11:25 (Ref:759323)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Mini Grid has any CART merchandise? I know Paul Collins has been there -- have you seen any Players things there? I'd like to get a few items before they all vanish into the hands of private collectors.

I am still kicking myself for not getting one of the Team Lotus leather jackets Canadian Tire was selling to promote some guy named Senna who later went on to be a teammate of the great Alain Prost. If you can find one of those now, you won't pay Canadian Tire prices for it ...
Old 22 Oct 2003, 13:07 (Ref:759491)   #15
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't seen any Players stuff at the Unionville store, but I haven't been there in about a month. I'm going to visit sometime this week, and I'll ask.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James