Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 27 Oct 2003, 04:14 (Ref:764087)   #1
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ea Sports F1 Career Challange

This would have to be the worse driving game I've played
I love the format and the Idea but man this is the worse handling game I've used you just can get no feel! its stabby ! just really bad .

what do you guys think!
Old 27 Oct 2003, 07:19 (Ref:764175)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If your talking about the PS2 version then i would completely agree.
Handling sucks, sound sucks, cut scenes suck, graphics are okay allthough when you approach the finishline in a good position the screen turns black/white which is extremely annoying. (screwed up many of my races...)

It's pretty good on the PC though, but nothing more.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 07:24 (Ref:764179)   #3
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
yes PS2 just dreadful
Old 27 Oct 2003, 17:32 (Ref:764784)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I enjoyed the novelty of the career mode for a while. And I liked the fact that the handling was difficult, if only because it gave it a slight challenge.

But I have to agree: extremely unrealistic and it chugs along at about 2fp/s. And the engines still sound awful.

And what's with the awful graphics on the cut-scnes? Brrr...

And where's the new Nurburgring?
Old 28 Oct 2003, 18:47 (Ref:766049)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to agree with the posts so far. Very disappointing. Sorry I spent the money on it. Overall, the game has a good concept, but as far as drivability and graphics, big thumbs down. I find F1 2001 to be better.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 22:06 (Ref:766218)   #6
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone's views on the PS2 game are so far 100% correct. The handling's horrendous and at no point can you feel what the car is doing, the graphics are naff, the pathetic attempt at a replay mode is AWFUL, no ending sequence, terrible cut scenes, do those "noises" deserve being called music?, where's the new Nurburgring?, terrible in-game sound, etc. etc... I could go on forever. The idea of racing through the seasons is good, but the game itself is one of the worst racing games EVER.
Quote:
Sorry I spent the money on it.
Couldn't agree more. A waste of hard earned cash.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 2 Nov 2003, 23:35 (Ref:771052)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank God I've got a PC. It has no career mode, but it's a bit more difficult than F12002 was, winning it's not so easy, but it's pretty realistic. Understeering F1 cars, you know. And the graphics are goooood.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 23:03 (Ref:773218)   #8
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
yobro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to tell my story about this game, I bought this game in the hope of another good F1 game to play on those rainy...sunny days...and thought id buy this game.

How ever after buying the game i found that the controlls SUCKD HEAVILY! man have i ever been so ****ed off at the game! Also i found all the graphics to b soooo cheap and the frame rate extreamly poor.

So in my anger i took the game bak and got a full refund. I was happy and bought some new music...as you do

The smart thing i did was i left the game installed.
And thank god i did! I found a crack and spent more time on fiddling with the graphics settings etc and made the game look soo sweet i wet my pants!....joke lol. Also i got rid of all the nasty computer aids that make the controlls ****!
With that all sorted i now have the full game in great workin order and all for freeeeeeee im now giving it away to my friend Down F0rce. Multiplayer is good. The game is awsome, that is if u have a decent GFX card and play with settings for a while.

The voice over is ****...i turned him off.... lol
Old 4 Nov 2003, 23:06 (Ref:773223)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
which is legal, of course....
Old 4 Nov 2003, 23:07 (Ref:773224)   #10
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
I know but hey...
Old 6 Nov 2003, 19:37 (Ref:775164)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
COOL yobro!!

must say i played CAREER challenge for a day on PS2 and i dumped the CD in the corner!! useless game!! handling YECH!
Old 6 Nov 2003, 19:52 (Ref:775181)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like the PS2 version...
Old 6 Nov 2003, 20:41 (Ref:775216)   #13
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
*gets his bat ready*

*taps on shoulder of DF* and says: 'Excusé moi monsieur?'
*beats DF senseless with the bat*
Old 6 Nov 2003, 20:56 (Ref:775224)   #14
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
lol, surely I dont deserve that?
Old 6 Nov 2003, 21:02 (Ref:775229)   #15
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
HOW can u like this game???????????????????????????????????
Old 6 Nov 2003, 21:35 (Ref:775254)   #16
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Hey, we all have different opinions I think its quite fun to play, and the graphics are very good - love the lighting effects.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 18:53 (Ref:776236)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you like the GRAPHIC of f1 career challenge!!! :confused:

*faints*
Old 7 Nov 2003, 22:28 (Ref:776368)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Down Force, how dare you express a different opinion to others on the forum!
Old 7 Nov 2003, 22:31 (Ref:776373)   #19
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
lol, well i can safely say the PC version is a v good game... dunno bout ps2. I will admit i took the game bak as soon as possible because it appeard to be the biggest heap of **** ever... untill i fixed it... lol.

Hey dont beat my friend up... i mean wat? lol
Old 8 Nov 2003, 00:07 (Ref:776432)   #20
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Yeah Yobro, I was wondering when you were gonna come rescue me. :: looks at his watch ::

Old 8 Nov 2003, 01:23 (Ref:776476)   #21
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Xbox version is quite good.

Handling isn't great, but visuals are much better than on PS2 and it seems more controllable, whether due to the controller or the handling.

Not bad, there's a nice impression of speed with the blurring, that doesn't seem to be on the PS2 game, gives a good feeling of speed and direction change....
Old 12 Nov 2003, 05:22 (Ref:780638)   #22
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
(PS2 version) For a positive on the game, TGF isn't in most of the 99 season!! But,

What's with BAR being competitive??

And the one-touch and the opposing car locks up all four brakes and spins?!

New nurburgring?

F1 2002 (ps2) would have to be the best F1 game i've ever played. F1 2003 is OK, with the new rules etc.. but the novelty wears off.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 12:18 (Ref:780929)   #23
Aussiefan

I bought this game for the PC and to be honest I love it.

However I've played it a couple of times on a friends PS2 it was rather ****e.

Old 19 Nov 2003, 00:19 (Ref:787760)   #24
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
lol, PC is always better, and iv heard from DF that on the PS2 version that u touch the other cars and they spin...weird.. PC is diff and the graphics are ace.
Old 20 Nov 2003, 00:13 (Ref:788884)   #25
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
just thought id show the graphics of the game, nice if you ask me.
Attached Thumbnails
salo.jpg