Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 Nov 2003, 19:43 (Ref:778093)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Petter Solberg!

He wins his first rally on Rally GB and then clinches his first championship at the same venue just a year later! Well done Solberg! A well deserved championship!! May it be the first of many!
Old 9 Nov 2003, 19:58 (Ref:778108)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A fantastic result. Never out of the top two on any stage. Over 11s quicker on the last stage.

Old 9 Nov 2003, 20:24 (Ref:778136)   #3
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yay! Well done Petter!!
Old 9 Nov 2003, 20:26 (Ref:778138)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
goood job-I was secretly in it for Sainz again- but after running off day one hope was lsot- the Championship couldn't go to a better guy, now will playstation follow and make a Petter Solberg Rally?
Old 9 Nov 2003, 21:07 (Ref:778179)   #5
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Petter! Cheered you along each stage and you totally deserved it!
Old 9 Nov 2003, 21:25 (Ref:778191)   #6
miss tmr
Rookie

Australia
Victoria Melbourne
miss tmr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flawless victory, congrats Petter Solberg..

What a way to end the season, a rally win and the championship..

And i must mention Tommi Makinen, what a great way to end his career, 3rd overall in the round..

Congratulations Team Subaru, what a great year its been.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 22:21 (Ref:778247)   #7
Sideways-Fast
Rookie

Sideways-Fast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't seen car control, bravery, commitment and raw aggression quite like Petters, since Tommi Makkinen was in his heyday.
This man is a true champion, and deserves all he strives for!- Which, dare i say, will be a lot of victories and championships....
Heart goes out to Seb, he's driven fantastically all year, Carlos, who must have p!ssed off lady luck at sometime in his life, and Colin McRae, who will be sadly missed on next years series...
As for Richard Burns, hurry up and get yourself better and get winning again!
Isn't it great that so many amazing talents all compete on the same level at world level? There's no other series like the WRC anywhere, that can provide a different winner at any stage of an event, without relying on someone else's ill luck etc...
Long may it continue....
Old 9 Nov 2003, 22:43 (Ref:778265)   #8
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Mister Hollywood!!!

A superb drive by Petter, and a well deserved Rally GB and WDC win! Are we seeing the next Makkinen?!

A Subaru has won the Rally GB 7 times in the last 10 years!!

I wish Citroen had kept quiet and let Loeb go for it - but I honestly believe the result would have been the same.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 23:58 (Ref:778312)   #9
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
I wish Citroen had kept quiet and let Loeb go for it - but I honestly believe the result would have been the same.

Yeah, but I think it would have been a lot closer. We could have seen them duking it out all the way to the end, it was a good rally, but it could have been amazing!!!
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:21 (Ref:778653)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Great driving from both Solberg and Loeb, they were so far clear of the others it was unreal! Glad to see Petter win though, the Subaru didn't start out as being the best car but it's improved throughout the year and delivered a great result in te final round (good to see Tommi go out on a high as well).
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:26 (Ref:778659)   #11
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, congratulations to Petter and Subaru. Great performance, and that was just his celebrating at the end!
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:45 (Ref:778679)   #12
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say I'm almost speechless. I didn't quite allow myself to believe he could win until right near the end. This is a tremendous achievement by Petter, and the most important thing to have happened for Norwegian motorsport. Ever.

Wow. Fantastic!

Have to spare a thought for Sebastien Loeb as well. He's had a great season too, and is without doubt also a future champion. Any takers on how many titles Sebastien and Petter will have between them at the end of their careers? I bet it won't be few!

Regarding Citroen's team order, I believe that was just psychological warfare from them, as their gap to Peugeot was so large anyway. Seb still drove a magnificent rally on a surface which is not his favourite one - just look at the large gap from Petter and Seb down to veterans Makinen and McRae. The new generation has (well and truly) arrived!
Old 10 Nov 2003, 12:06 (Ref:778724)   #13
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
R ..i take it .. 7 championships ... at least
4 for Loeb at least

Last edited by Dani Filth; 10 Nov 2003 at 12:07.

Ciao Marco