Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Nov 2003, 06:41 (Ref:782858)   #1
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What if Barros Stays with Yamaha?

Quote:
Herve Poncharal has expressed his intent to keep Alex Barros at Yamaha despite rumours linking the Brazilian with the Honda ride vacated by Valentino Rossi.
read more

I really hope that Barros does stay with Yamaha (personally i dont think he deserves the HCR slot) but the big question is! WHO WILL GET THE HRC RIDE?

My guesses (in order of likelyhood)
-Oliver?
-Nakano?
-McCoy?!!!!! (now that would be great! my prefered option)
-Fonzi Neito?
Old 15 Nov 2003, 02:59 (Ref:783937)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think Barros would turn down a HRC ride and from all accounts he's taken the offer.

Other than that, there is no-one in MotoGP deserving of the ride or anyone I can think of who HRC would bother contacting...
Old 15 Nov 2003, 19:17 (Ref:784470)   #3
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I think Barros "must" take the HRC bike, his last races in 2002 were excellent, just as Sete this season. I think next season Alex and Sete are major rivals for Rossi/Yamaha.

In turn, I don't see Jacques in a premium ride, IMO he has not done enough well. I like Nakano, and I'd like to see him in a HRC's bike but, being fair to my commentary about Jacques, I don't know if the young Nakano is already worth of it. I think Fonsi Nieto is even with less merit becuase he is unproved in MotoGP, and IMO he must fight for a WC in 250cc (that he can reasonably deserve).

I agree with asha: I drool thinking about McCoy in a "real" Honda! He is a heroe, riding more flamboyantly in a two-stroke that Rossi in a four-stroke. I wish he gets a top bike and he wins some races, vindicating that gorgeous style of riding!
Old 15 Nov 2003, 20:12 (Ref:784494)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Out of all the guys who doesn't have a 2004-spec Honda deal, the most deserving is Biaggi. Sad to say, but they ought to make sure he has the new bike first.

I'd lvoe to see Garry McCoy belatedly get a new-spec bike, the guy's not only fast but also charismatic and unpredictable. He's suffered to much on the weedy Kawasaki bike, and ought to get a Repsol chance.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 10:19 (Ref:784913)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd give the ride to Vermuelen before Biaggi, but it'd suprise me if Barros stays.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 10:30 (Ref:784917)   #6
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the fact remains that yamaha have a contract with barros for next year. If they dont have enough bikes on the grid to give him a ride, its not hondas problem.

I can imagine that it could be as late at January testing that any HRC/barros deal comes up.
Honda are obviously playing hardball, and if it hurts Yamaha to not take him on (or not until the last minute) then i'm sure they will.