Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Nov 2003, 19:14 (Ref:785142)   #1
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross, Brands Hatch

Its great to have Brands back on the callender, real good meeting, huge crowd and not bad weather. Brought back lot of memories seeing the RS200 roar down tumbledown hill. I had my doubts about the new track layout with the long straight,but after watching today I think it works just fine, Supercars were clocked doing 140 mph along long start finish straight, not bad considering there set up for acceleration.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 20:12 (Ref:785175)   #2
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I really enjoyed the meeting. Few comments

1. Hardly any overtaking - the track seemed very narrow and all the bends are tight.
2. Amazing how fast the modified cars are comparred to the super's.
3. Stock hatch OK as not too many, but did we need senior and junior mini's.
4. Binks's new Mini looked impressive.
5. Clio V6 looked and sounded great.Makes a change to all the front wheel drive stuff.
6. Brands is the only track in the UK that could hold a successful Grand Prix year after year. The facilities are excellent.
7. Arthur D is the best British rallycross commentator by miles.
8. Nice to be back at Brands and just goes to show that the two best tracks are both in Kent.

Where is the new rallycross track that Arthur was talking about, someone must know.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 20:21 (Ref:785180)   #3
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Snetterton, I been told, obviously not a new rallycross track, but I'll be happy only hour away, 3 tracks in the south.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 09:23 (Ref:785575)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Excellent to see another winner in the supercar class, mechanical problems may have accounted for Carnegie and Gollop but McCluskey drove really well and deserved the victory, it's been coming for a while.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 13:32 (Ref:785882)   #5
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How good was Mike Sellars Clio!!? Sounded nice and throaty, and not unlike the old 6R4s!! He'll be needing to practice his starts though, it went off the line sideways with a fair bit of wheel spin!!!

The Brabham straight definatley spread the cars out, but commitment into the entrance to tumble-down hill was great! The brakes on the cars must have been smouldering after a few laps of 100mph+ down to however quick you dare take that corner.

Congrats to Chris Evans on taking the BRDA title. What a roller coaster that was, with York hitting the tyres, then race being stopped etc etc..
Old 17 Nov 2003, 13:57 (Ref:785932)   #6
chrisgr31
Racer

chrisgr31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to the Rally Cross yesterday for the first time, although can remember watching it on telly when it was last at Brands.

I watched from Paddock Bend and could therefore see just as they got to the bend, and where they dropped down Tumbledown Hill, as they went up to Druids, the Entracne to the Knifeedge, and as they fanished over the top of the hump. Could vaguely see them in the distance as they crossed the Indy circuit infield.

Got to say the viewing was fantastic, I liked the short races, and short gaps between races (from what the commentators said I must be a child!)

I did notice that many competitors suceeded in collecting all the markers that marked the edge of the circuit down Tumbledown Hill. Whilst I can see why those were so light maybe better racing woukd have happened if those markers were heavier which would have meant people keeping tighter to the track down the hill? Dunno only a thought.

Anyway I had a very enjoyable day, and for £10 it was great value.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 14:00 (Ref:785935)   #7
Needless
Rookie

Needless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superb event and surprisingly good weather.

I do wish though that the dropped scores rule was dropped from all motorsport, not just rallycross.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 16:01 (Ref:786100)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only every rallycross event was as good as brands!!

Congrats to Chris Evans on taking the 2003 BRDA champ win.!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:46 (Ref:786472)   #9
Twin Airbags
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Lincolnshire
Twin Airbags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chrisgr31
I

I did notice that many competitors suceeded in collecting all the markers that marked the edge of the circuit down Tumbledown Hill. Whilst I can see why those were so light maybe better racing woukd have happened if those markers were heavier which would have meant people keeping tighter to the track down the hill? Dunno only a thought.
I could agree that something was done with the markers, and I was one of the marshals who had to keep retrieving them from various places, and they aren't particularly light. Even though the exercise up and down the Tumble down did me good - I need to lose a few stone, apart from the bruises from legging over the armco (and slipping!!)

But all round the weekend was a good one, no in fact BRILLIANT . It totally made up for my out of pocket expense to come from way up north.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:57 (Ref:786483)   #10
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a man of few words - all I can say is fantastic weekend all round. Major thanks to all marshals, officials, drivers and spectators for making it the best rallycross meeting this year. I'm working my way round ringing people and thanking them personally, if I don't get to you, please don't be offended, its a long list in no particular order.

You'll all be pleased to know that Danny Budd was fine and back at work today.

Thanks again everyone (even the weather man).
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:01 (Ref:786490)   #11
chauffeur
Rookie

chauffeur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you moved twin thought way up north would be Shetland Isles
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:09 (Ref:786499)   #12
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for a great day at Brands to all those concerned!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:14 (Ref:786507)   #13
Twin Airbags
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Lincolnshire
It's not as far as some, but still a good distance by all means. THANK YOU for the comfy journey, I enjoyed my napp while you chaufferred us all back. And can I add I have recovered from my embarrassment at applauding Upside Down Bug, I'm learning fast - I think?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:42 (Ref:786524)   #14
chauffeur
Rookie

Would love to know what Peter S ,has to say about this one.But don't want to stir it.Superb event.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 23:17 (Ref:786632)   #15
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
UpsideDownBug looking smart at a race meeting...thought I'd never see the day! Who did you nick your "C of the C" badge off as well??? ...at least I got a kiss off of Nicky which wasn't too bad!! Did go home with a cut eyebrow and a large bump from a flying rock from Tumbledown...another half inch and I would have been blinded in my right eye so a bit on the lucky side I guess. Well down-and more of the same soon please.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 02:26 (Ref:786708)   #16
barmybob
Rookie

England
Linton Cambridge
barmybob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great two days. I Had a great time helping chase the track markers down the hill

I met some nice new folks including The Kent Miners, The brothers Bedford, and Mr Perception to name but a few. I was also re-aquainted with the Queens B's, although when I entered the Bar they all left!!!

Look forward to doing it again, perhaps even closer to home now that would be cool.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 10:35 (Ref:786904)   #17
Twin Airbags
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Lincolnshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Upside Down Bug
its a long list in no particular order.

NO COMMENT
Old 29 Nov 2003, 18:31 (Ref:798360)   #18
Barney
Rookie

Barney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winnie did you ever get a def reply to your question about the new rallyx track Snetterton or Cadwell ?????
Old 29 Nov 2003, 18:58 (Ref:798369)   #19
chauffeur
Rookie

Barney not Snett or Cadwell,all should be revealed soon as well as the TBA'S on the calender.
Old 29 Nov 2003, 23:25 (Ref:798502)   #20
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Its in Norfolk, its either, Red Lodge or Snetterton, I still say Snetterton.
Old 29 Nov 2003, 23:26 (Ref:798503)   #21
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
my mistake, Red Lodge in Sufffolk
Old 30 Nov 2003, 09:19 (Ref:798968)   #22
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I know Aurther D was trying to get a rallycross track built at a kart track in Suffolk. Is Red Lodge a kart track?

Some-one told me that Anglesey has been dropped, why?

On another matter are they proposing to have two day meetings at most of next years BRC rounds.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 19:50 (Ref:800629)   #23
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
winnie
I have been told that it won't be a lot of two day meetings next year I am still waiting for the full list of dates. I will post it as soon as I get it.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 21:17 (Ref:800686)   #24
Barney
Rookie

Barney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard a new rumour - somewhere near Newmarket anyone brave enough to confirm
Old 1 Dec 2003, 22:08 (Ref:800738)   #25
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That will be Red Lodge then. This circuit has been rumoured for the last couple of years. Apparently when or if it happens it will be a totally purpose built rallycross circuit and i heard of talk about things like built in irrigation systems. If Red Lodge is a karting circuit (which i think it is) i hope the tarmac sections aren't shared because at Nutts Corner it's a joke........you can barely get 2 cars side by side its so narrow.