Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 10 Oct 2000, 11:29 (Ref:42122)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well im off to the track this weekend (woooo hooooo), what do you think i will see?

-Gil claiming the title?
-The airbourne cars of Tracy &/ Andretti?
-Kenny Brack winning the race?
-Mad Max winning the race?
-Helio winning and then blubbering like a baby?
-Mark Blundell pulls his finger out (they have been piling it on him down here at the moment, feature paper article and news segments along the lines of "Blundell's Shocking Season..")
-Jason Bright does us proud

What do you predict, who do you think will win?

Oh and a wether update- 25degC and sunny right the way into next week....aaahhh the Gold Coast

Old 10 Oct 2000, 11:36 (Ref:42125)   #2
David Scott
Rookie

David Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I am looking for Tracy to win this weekend. At least to finish ahead of DeFerran.

Go Paulie!
Old 10 Oct 2000, 12:42 (Ref:42144)   #3
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully gil will win the title this weekend, but I will love to see either of the ganassi winning. So far tkg has been very dominant the past couple of years, so maybe paul will have big time there.
Old 10 Oct 2000, 13:31 (Ref:42159)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember nobody has ever won at Surfers more than once.
Sooo....
That means the following are in with a shot if you play the numbers:
Montoya
Gil
Helio
Max
Kenny

Anyone else a shot?
Old 10 Oct 2000, 16:17 (Ref:42178)   #5
David Scott
Rookie

David Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carpentier.
Old 11 Oct 2000, 06:37 (Ref:42281)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Maybe i should just shut my mouth.....today has been a bit cloudy with some early showers....but i remain positive that it'll be sunny on the weekend
Old 11 Oct 2000, 12:43 (Ref:42325)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All Gil needs is to finish two places ahead of Tracy if both finish, finish in the points, and finish higher than 8th.

I therefore predict that Tracy will run into Gil on about lap five.

I'd love for him to win it though and that's the way I'm going to bet.

I predict that whatever happens in this race, it will not be Mikey's fault.
Old 11 Oct 2000, 12:48 (Ref:42328)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
And Wwwoooo Hooooooo!! I've scored for myself a "hot pass". From my understanding it is not as good as Elephinos, but it will still get me into most places.

Our Paul is the favourite at the TAB, followed by Gil.

Gil was all over the news this evening, personally, i think he could go for another haircut. It's a bit long atm, and if i were going to be winning my first championship on the weekend, i'd want to have the best hair possible

Old 11 Oct 2000, 19:22 (Ref:42394)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well. it's about 5 degrees, and there's a windchill factor of about -30 in this room alone. we don't see things like 25 degrees in this country, young man....

gil will win the championship.
mikey will retire, after colliding with that dixon lad.
tags will run into someone else. the entire paddock will be out to do something evil after the race.
ickle cristiano da matta will do very well indeed.
and finally, my christian will do me proud, and win at last.

mind you, i have been very very wrong about things like that in the past.....

enjoy the race, crash test. shout me a few insults at mikey as he speeds past, would you?
Old 11 Oct 2000, 20:07 (Ref:42407)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just wish that this was the last race of the year.
Old 12 Oct 2000, 00:12 (Ref:42474)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You and me both. I don't even know if I want to watch Fontana.

Every picture I have of Gil this year has him squinting or otherwise looking as if he is in pain.

If I were about to win the driving championship, not only would I get a haircut but I would have someone buy me some nomex drawers that fit.
Old 12 Oct 2000, 09:12 (Ref:42519)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Since I've got a pit pass () i'll try and get some close up piccys.

BTW, since i still don't have a favourite since Greg left us, i think i might create the "Our Paul Appreciation Society"....i can't wait until the drivers parade

Actually, i'll try and stand between Mikey and his tent, i'll see if he knocks me over or walks around me
Old 12 Oct 2000, 11:57 (Ref:42547)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Well, whatever you do short of having yourself clapped in irons and hauled to the calaboso, I hope you will write it up and send it to the Newsletter when you get back! Inquiring minds most certainly want to know. And if Mikey does run over you, I know a few good lawyers who will be happy to take your case ....

You lucky boy. Wish I was there. (Yeah, i know, you are thinking you're glad I'm not!)
Old 13 Oct 2000, 00:38 (Ref:42670)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
You'd be in my Paul cheering squad, wouldn't you Liz?

Actually, im going into overload at the moment....every one I have ever known has been calling me the last few days trying to arrange get togethers down there....ok, a few are up from down south, but the rest of them....arrghhh, there are race meetings nearly every weekend of the year we can meet at!

Actually i'm of the opinion i would have a good foot on Mikey....LOOKOUT!

Sure thing, I've got a few things form the last couple of weekends that need typing up and submiting
Old 13 Oct 2000, 03:18 (Ref:42687)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seriously Crash Test, you have to watch out for Michael Andretti. At Molson Indy, he splashed me with a ton of dirty water in the paddock from his skooter (luckily I was wearing a rain cape over my new WilliamsBMW shirt!)

You'll find that with the exception of Juan Montoya and Michael Andretti, most of the Cart pilots are quite nice and don't mind signing autographs if you are polite.
Old 13 Oct 2000, 08:18 (Ref:42701)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
In 1998 I staked out the exit to the pit lane. Zanardi, Gil, Big Mo, Carl Hass and a few of the other guys were great fun. Thats it, im going out of my way to get in Mikeys way

Nut it's going to be a long weekend....leave home 4:30 tomorrow morning....arrrrgggghhhhh