no 6 25.00%
don,t no 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Dec 2003, 21:44 (Ref:803080)   #1
sr230772
Racer

sr230772 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sara fisher

is sara fisher worth another drive in irl or are they using the gender thing personally i think no she is not worth another year
Old 4 Dec 2003, 03:06 (Ref:803315)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
very hard to say , she definatley has talent but wheather she is good enough to be in a top level series such as the IRL I am in no position to judge.
Old 4 Dec 2003, 03:40 (Ref:803340)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think she can hang well- she has had mediocre equipment the whole time, and has faired decently- some guys who are still in it and are kept on the roster suck, AJ foyt IV, he has done nothing except get the Ifiniti Pro Series handed to him, and Granpa will keep PeeWee in it until maybe he goes well,
Robbie buhl 's been at it for a while and his best finish was 7th in'03 one ahead of Sarah, the talented Roger yasakawa done the same at best of 7th.
She is hanging in well with the others, and I think she is good for series' face- a competitive driver, oh and she's a she. In 2002 she finished 4th at nazareth, 2001 she reached 2nd in miami.
She has talent- the staying power is what I think she falters on, she can concentrate but the guys seem to take the punishment better. I would keep her on, she need much better equipment to really shine, i hope some steps up.
When the IRL goes full World Series and Absorbs CART (hopefully not) Sarah may find trouble, as some other drivers might screw the pooch big time as well.
it would be the usual cast of character anyhow- Penske, Newman-Haas, Panther, Patrick racing, Team green, and Rahal, who knows who might come and fill in the rest or even show they are up to par, as many have shown in CART this year. Can PK racing show well? we had doubt about the team and it was the drivers- as Mika Salo showed us. Sarah can do better if she had more testing and the top line stuff
Old 4 Dec 2003, 07:23 (Ref:803428)   #4
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely yes; it's also an interest for the series to keep her; she's a real driver, not a pon-pon girl like other ladies that went behind the wheel in the past...
Old 4 Dec 2003, 08:17 (Ref:803457)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
she didnt even know she'd be racing till a few days before the season started I believe due to a lack of sponsorship and the first few races were done on a day to day deal to deal basis
if she gets/keeps her backing and gets a full winters testing she will do well in '04
and she doesn't play the gender thing very much at all...she is a popular driver because she is personable and gives her all
Old 4 Dec 2003, 14:44 (Ref:803784)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
She's competant, and not the worst driver out there, but it'd be an injustice if Herta, Meira, Buddy Lazier, Barron and Al Jr had no drives but she did. Not to mention half the 2003 CART field. There's no evidence that she could cope with road racing either.
Old 4 Dec 2003, 14:58 (Ref:803797)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's one thing I am unsure of...she seems to have done most, if not all, of her racing on ovals of one sort or another.
She stuck it on pole position at Kentucky (I think) last year so she's by no means a shoddy driver...there are plenty more drivers in both CART and IRL that will never get close to securing pole position
Old 4 Dec 2003, 22:40 (Ref:804194)   #8
Needless
Rookie

Needless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think she deserves another chance. Only Sam Hornish did anything with a Chevy engine this year so with a bit of testing and a decent engine she should do well.

With her popularity you would think she would have some good sponsor opportunities. Strangely this has not been the case over the last couple of years but you never know, things may change.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 07:05 (Ref:804445)   #9
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Reading her ESPN journal she seems to work tirelessly for those sponsors she does have and the many good causes associated with the IRL. Good value for money for a backer I would've thought
Old 5 Dec 2003, 14:53 (Ref:804813)   #10
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think she will ever win an IRL championship, but she is a competant driver and racer, and great with the sponsors, as PaulSands said. I used to race with her in karts, and she was very very fast on road courses there, but I don't think she has driven many full-sized racing cars on a twisty track, so I don't know how she'd fare there....