Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RHR Speaks...

From another forum....

Quote:
Dear AutoRacing1.com, While it is true that I am in discussions regarding test seats in F1, F1 is very eager to place a competent young driver in a proper seat, I am in advanced negotiations to drive for a front line Champ Car Team next year. I have always been, and remain, an advocate of one series where a Drivers Champion is decided based on a variety of circuits, (Road Course, Oval's, Street Circuits). I fully support, and am grateful to, Mr. Kalkhoven, Mr. Forsythe, and Mr. Gentilozzi for their unselfish efforts to save Champ Car because I think it is the most competitive and greatest Championship in the World, bar none. While I do find it perplexing at times I could care less who is 'pumping' who as my answer will always be results obtained on the track. Driving Turbo-charged 750 HP 1600 pound manual shift Champ Cars without traction control, ABS, or other drivers aides against some of the best drivers in the world in equal equipment is not only incredibly satisfying but it provides me with the opportunity to gain valuable seat time and engineering knowledge. It would certainly be an honor to carry the Starts and Stripes into a F1 race seat but I will always have the desire to compete in Champ Car, where my intent is to be racing next year. You have a great website, many thanks to you and all the wonderful fans of our sport. Best Regards, Ryan Hunter-Reay
Old 20 Dec 2003, 00:41 (Ref:816535)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interestingly if RHR had US$5m to spend, a Minardi seat would be his....
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 20 Dec 2003, 04:03 (Ref:816576)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's great to see a driver take the time to respond to a forum! He's a straight talker, and thats what I like about him.

Check out this months Racer mag, they have a full blown interview with him. Very enlightning!

Got to say, I would love to see him in F1!

Danica Patrick
Old 20 Dec 2003, 04:31 (Ref:816583)   #4
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A top CART team, eh? So not American Spirit then... but I guess we knew that already. Newman Haas sounds more and more likely all the team, although we've heard little about possibilities for Rocketsports's second driver.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 13:54 (Ref:816788)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't be NH unless they will be running 3 cars. I'd guess Rocketsports' 2Car.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 14:59 (Ref:816830)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ryan's a rare driver who has both talent and funding. He'd be a great addition to any team. Rocketsports is probably the most likely, but maybe Rahal will run 2 cars, perhaps picking up a former ASTJ crew?
Old 20 Dec 2003, 15:42 (Ref:816855)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's not the easiest to interview actually, it takes some time to get him talking, but once you do..

I hope he comes back in a better car next year. His goal has always been F1, but I don't think he'll do it unless he brings substantial cash to the track...which is the sad part about F1.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes