Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 29 Dec 2003, 19:19 (Ref:822735)   #1
andrew_powell98
Racer

andrew_powell98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hotels / Motels for US GP

I have just reciieved the details through today for the USGP and wondered which Motel / Hotel marshals recomend from the 2 on offer. Hopefully I can meet a few fellow ten tennther's over there!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 19:54 (Ref:822762)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Hotels / Motels for US GP

Quote:
Originally posted by andrew_powell98
I have just reciieved the details through today for the USGP and wondered which Motel / Hotel marshals recomend from the 2 on offer. Hopefully I can meet a few fellow ten tennther's over there!
"racegypsy" should reply as he is a regular. Most are way overpriced compared to the rest of the year. There is one practically on the grounds of the Speedway but the name escapes me as of now. They actually had rooms available during the F-1 race in '02 (my last visit). I was in a place near the airport. Do not count on driving directly to the airport immediately after the race as there is a traffic pattern established that will take you several miles AWAY from the obvious roads. See my article on Marshals Post website: http://www.marshalspost.com/display_...?article_id=19
Old 29 Dec 2003, 21:15 (Ref:822819)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm from Indy....

What hotels did they recommend???

and thebear is correct concerning hotel costs for racing events here vs. the rest of the year....they are much higher....

But if you leave the facility via the north end of the track and get to 38th St., it is a fairly fast way out of the IMS area and will get you to the Airport much quicker than if you go via Crawfordsville Rd. or 10th Street to I-465...

I go to the Indy 500 every year, and I can tell you from decades of experience that my route is faster to the Airport than the other two I listed....even though it initially sarts out in the other direction...the traffic congestion is much less....

Of course, if you just hang out at the facility for a couple of hours following the conclusion of the race, you can drive out with very little raffic in any direction....that's also a fact...even when the Indy 500 draws 350,000 people....95% of them try to leave right after the race...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 21:33 (Ref:822836)   #4
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll concur with Tim.

Park in the neighborhoods north of the track, especially as a spectator. I've parked there every time I've been to the Speedway it is a breeze to get out the EAST end of town.

I'm hoping to marshall the race this coming year and will probably stay with a friend or at a KOA campground over by IRP. (Which is where most of the Lake Erie Comm guys and gals reside).
Old 30 Dec 2003, 10:47 (Ref:823419)   #5
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Company has recently finished an installation at a factory literally over the road from the Speedway. When we get back to work, I will checkout with our fitters who were on site as to what they did for accomodation.
(Knowing our financial people, they will have fixed them up with the "best value" accomodation they could find!)
Old 2 Jan 2004, 16:46 (Ref:825789)   #6
andrew_powell98
Racer

andrew_powell98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry not been on for a couple of days. The hotels USAC have said are the Motel 6 which is about 5 mins from the airport, or the dollar inn airport..
I have not booked any yet because I would like to know what other marshalls would recomend and find out where most marshals stay. is it worth me having a hire car? and what is there to do in Indy?
Thanks and hope see you all later in the year!