Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 23 Oct 2000, 13:35 (Ref:44257)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey fellow Improved Production people. Did you all recently get a letter from the Club Car Association of Australia. It is all to do with the Yokohama tyre changes, which have left many of us in the class up **** creek. And now looking at investing thousands more dollars for new sized wheels and more expensive tyres. This was a very silly mistake to make and I am certain that someone is making a lot of money off this yokohama deal (in a conflict of interest. I would also like to bring to attention how unfair our ballot system is. Currently our ballots require a 2/3rds majority from all our voters. Seeing as roughly 2/3rd of our class are from New South Wales, it becomes a situation where what they say goes. We in Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Tassie don't get as fair a showing as they do. I believe that it should be a majority in voters and in states. So if there are 5 states part of the CCRA then it should be a majority of states with a majority of voters. That way we all get equal showing. Also regarding the recent ballot in the last one we had last year. It stipulated that any ballot held in the next three years would be invalid and in breach of the original ballot. I want to know who stuffed up.

What do you all think of these issues?
Old 24 Oct 2000, 08:54 (Ref:44447)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the reminder Vandas, I forgot to complete my ballot form. Just dug it out of the drawer and will post it tommorrow, haven't read it yet so I can't say which way I'll go. Cheers.
Old 25 Oct 2000, 11:50 (Ref:44686)   #3
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what does everyone think about the changing of the tyres rule. In Victoria Yokohama has stuffed us around completely, overcharging us for stuff, chrging us on things we used to get for free. Selling out of the tyres that we are or were all running on. The new tyres are no good until they are scrubbed down, which means those that can afford to do it will get an advantage while the rest of us miss out. Also with the change of rim sizes for us as they don't make the new tyres in our size. We are going to have to spend a lot more money, plus do a whole new set of testing and mapping. It really is going to stuff us around. And cost us all that ground we have made up recenty.

What do you think?