Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 23 Jan 2004, 19:31 (Ref:848588)   #1
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adrian Support's OWRS' Purchase of CART

Can't think of anything to say, except thank you Adrian! http://www.fernandezracing.net/English/index_e.html
Near the top of the page....

Old 23 Jan 2004, 20:34 (Ref:848662)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, he couldn't very well and come out and support the IRL plan, could he?

I mean he'd be murdered on this forum!

(just kidding Dov, don't beat me up!)

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Jan 2004, 00:27 (Ref:848890)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This rule is grossely unfair:
Quote:
remember, attack the post, not the poster
But doesn't this part mean that I have some leayway?
Quote:
Always treat people with the same level of respect which you yourself would expect
(I'm assuming that's respect I would expect to be treated with in a given situation... )

Anyway, I wonder if this public support could have some negative effects on Fernandez's IRL campagin. Judging by the "rules" of IRL if I were Fernandez I would have kept my mouth shut!
Old 24 Jan 2004, 00:33 (Ref:848894)   #4
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering the same thing, but I'm glad Adrian posted the link on his website....it tells me that he really prefers the CCWS over the IRL!
Old 24 Jan 2004, 16:17 (Ref:849386)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Adrian is supposedly unhappy that Aguri chose Matsuura to take over the IRL drive, and it's piosisble that the team will split, leaving Adrian free to concentrate on his current team, which could end up rivalling Aguri's by 2005.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 16:56 (Ref:849413)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
drian really is and always has been a big supporter of CART and he is a road racer- a pretty darn good (although his motegi victories indicate he is good on ovals too)
But if he consolidates his team in one and the Series becomes one- a 2 or 3 car Farnandez effort will certainly be welcome and quite a force- as the level of the pack definately the top ten would be elevated significantly- Adrian Rules
Old 24 Jan 2004, 21:10 (Ref:849584)   #7
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is about as surprising as a Lavin crash. Of course Adrian is going to support OWRS. Anyone really think Tecate/Telmex/Quaker State would rather be racing in the Mexican strongholds of Kansas City and Nashville instead of Monterrey and Mexico City?
Old 24 Jan 2004, 21:38 (Ref:849607)   #8
DaveOrama
Rookie

DaveOrama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course it all comes back to money / marketing, but good on Adrian for for trying to keep his people employed, and us entertained.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 03:54 (Ref:850569)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least Adrian has a good head on his shoulders. THANKYOU ADRIAN!
Old 26 Jan 2004, 18:10 (Ref:851368)   #10
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
This is about as surprising as a Lavin crash. Of course Adrian is going to support OWRS. Anyone really think Tecate/Telmex/Quaker State would rather be racing in the Mexican strongholds of Kansas City and Nashville instead of Monterrey and Mexico City?
True, but given the level of Mexican support it surprises me that last year he couldn't get enough sponsorship to run two cars in CART intstead of one in each... He obviously can't object to strongly to being in the IRL.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 18:02 (Ref:853988)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he didn't object then but now he does? Times change and people, if they are smart, change with them if the change is to their advantage.

Good for you, Adrian, and may your thinking prevail.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 01:16 (Ref:854511)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's nothing there that I can find. Can you quote what he said?
Old 29 Jan 2004, 10:28 (Ref:854898)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems like Adrian's got his way. Let's hope for 2 ChampCar entries this year.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 10:33 (Ref:854904)   #14
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO he'll have two cars on the grid. With Mexico getting right behind ChampCars, I can't see how he COULDN'T have two cars!