Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Feb 2004, 18:40 (Ref:860361)   #1
Edmonton
Racer

Edmonton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT1 Cars

Do any of you know how many street versions of these cars were made?
Porsche 911GT1
MercedesClk GTR and LM
Panoz GTR1
Old 2 Feb 2004, 18:44 (Ref:860368)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
911 GT1 around 25

Panoz, I suspect less than 5

Mercedes CLK-GTR, initially 25, but I have read there have been more production runs of the car, including an open top roadster version.

Last edited by JAG; 2 Feb 2004 at 18:44.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 18:45 (Ref:860370)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You left out the best one Edmonton.......
Old 2 Feb 2004, 18:48 (Ref:860378)   #4
Edmonton
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
You left out the best one Edmonton.......
If you mean the GTOne, I know they only did one car.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:14 (Ref:860429)   #5
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
naw the R390 GT...yummy! I liked the race version better than the one street car though, just didnt look right without the wing.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:16 (Ref:860433)   #6
Edmonton
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy
naw the R390 GT...yummy! I liked the race version better than the one street car though, just didnt look right without the wing.
Street version had pretty weak motor-only about 350hp or so.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:19 (Ref:860438)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Edmonton
Street version had pretty weak motor-only about 350hp or so.
It was like the Skyline though, add a new turbo or chip and it suddenly doubled the BHP.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:20 (Ref:860444)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did like the R390. Good looking car.

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...page1/9804.jpg

But still not as drop-dead gorgeous as this......

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...page2/9822.jpg

(I know, you've seen it so many times before, but I still love looking at it - one of the few shots I've ever taken that I'm really proud of... )
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:21 (Ref:860446)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse, I think once saw a photo of the Road going Toyota GT One

Last edited by rdjones; 2 Feb 2004 at 19:22.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:23 (Ref:860450)   #10
Edmonton
Racer

I have seen a photo of it too.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:24 (Ref:860451)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We had a link to it posted on here ages and ages ago. I had it as my desktop wallpaper for months. I'll see if I can find it again.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:26 (Ref:860452)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
Speaking of GT1 road cars, anyone seen the Mercedes CLK-GTR owned by the rally driver Mohamed Bin Sulaem (sp).

He complained that the Merc did not have as much power as the the 911 GT1. Therefore AMG built a special engine for him that has over 700BHP.

Its does 0-60mph in around 2-2.5 seconds, even on road tires.

Another GT1 car that i have a soft spot for is the Jaguar XJ220S. It was basically a road version of the XJ220C GT1 car from LM 1993.

It had 680BHP and was at least 200KG lighter than the standard XJ220.

It would have been nice to see how the XJ220C would have devloped over time.

BTW, Autocar reported last week that Jaguar managment are considering a successor to the XJ220. It will either be a new supercar or a 'Super' XKR, based on the new XK8.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:26 (Ref:860453)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here's a tiddler of the GT One....

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/T...g/Le-Mans.html
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:35 (Ref:860472)   #14
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks to high for my liking

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:36 (Ref:860473)   #15
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

(I know, you've seen it so many times before, but I still love looking at it - one of the few shots I've ever taken that I'm really proud of... )
Rightly so, cos it's an absolutely fantastic shot! The car ain't bad either...

Off topic, but is that shot going into the Dunlop chicane?

Of the road-going GT1s, my favourite is still the 911 - R390 does look odd without the wing, Toyota lost something when i noticed how much it looks like the Stealth B6.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:37 (Ref:860475)   #16
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't the Stealth based on an Ultima? Thats the car the team ran before they changed to a B6 but the cockpit looks ever so much like an Ultima!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:39 (Ref:860480)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
It looks to high for my liking

I know, but I have to have it that high otherwise I have trouble getting it up the little slope to my drive.......

Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:40 (Ref:860483)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by gi_gav

Off topic, but is that shot going into the Dunlop chicane?

Sounds dreadful but I can't really remember! Actually, I think it was on the run down to the Ford Chicane.

I took this one at pretty much the same time

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...page2/9823.jpg

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Feb 2004 at 19:42.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:41 (Ref:860484)   #19
JAG
Veteran

England
http://www.tte.de/motorsport-complete.html

The TTE website above has a huge number of hi-res GT-ONE photos.

Click on High Resolution TTE Images for the photos.

Click on the 1998 link for pictures of the road car.

Last edited by JAG; 2 Feb 2004 at 19:43.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:42 (Ref:860487)   #20
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
Isn't the Stealth based on an Ultima? Thats the car the team ran before they changed to a B6 but the cockpit looks ever so much like an Ultima!
Yes, as far as i know. The road version was tested by evo a couple of years back.

The name 'Stealth' seems a bit inappropriate for a jet black £75,000 road-racer! Especially when the one they tested had the name across the top edge of the windscreen in appalling red "late 70's rock-band" sort of writing...

Last edited by gi_gav; 2 Feb 2004 at 19:43.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:44 (Ref:860492)   #21
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
Ayse, Ford Chicane sounds about right - the lights in the background would be the hospitality marquees i guess.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:44 (Ref:860493)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sweet shots, but I can't seem to find the link to the road car though.....
Old 2 Feb 2004, 19:48 (Ref:860502)   #23
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Sweet shots, but I can't seem to find the link to the road car though.....
When on the gallery for the 1999 WRC and Le Mans, there is a link in the top right hand corner for the 1998 season.

Click here, then on Le Mans, then Toyota GT-ONE, scroll to the bottom, and there is the road car, complete with numberplates.

Last edited by JAG; 2 Feb 2004 at 19:51.
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:22 (Ref:860566)   #24
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Call me weird, but I never really liked the Toyota GT-One. I thought the Nissan R390 was much prettier. And don't get me started on the Mercedes CLR...
Old 2 Feb 2004, 20:23 (Ref:860568)   #25
Edmonton
Racer

The CLR was a GTP-not a GT1 car.