Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 2004, 22:30 (Ref:886790)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Yahoo F1 Manager Help File

How do I sign up for this game?

Welcome to the hardest and most complicated part of this game.

10 easy steps :

Ok - first thing you want to do is create some Yahoo accounts. Go to the yahoo site in your country (in Oz it is www.yahoo.com.au)

1. Make sure you are signed out of any current log-ins

2. Press sign in.

3. On the right of the screen you can log-in, on the left you can create a new account. Press 'sign up now'

4. Select a Yahoo ID (I advise you to keep them simple - name the yourname1, yourname2 etc. Give them all the same simple password

5. Dont create a Yahoo email (unless you want to). When it asks for an alternative email you can use the same one for each team

6. Fill out the application and submit the form.

7. Almost done - verify the account and log out again.

8. Now go to http://uk.racingmanager.yahoo.net/ and log in with your new details from above.

9. Follow the in game instructions until you have to choose a driver. Important: Always choose the money driver. I know this does'nt make sense (why pick Yoong over Alonso, but it will later - trust me )

10. Now all you need to do is join the right league, introduce yourself on the forum and have fun!!!

Note : You will need to repeat steps 1-10 for every new car you are running.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 23:07 (Ref:886818)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
There are so many leagues, which one do I apply for?

In the old'n days (last season ) we only had one league. However as more and more players joined we thought it wise to open a couple of others.

Super League #21,708

This is the main league. This is where all players battle it out for the title of World Drivers Champion and World Constructors Champion.

Bomn has set up a Hall of Fame HERE

These are the fastest cars, and have no limitations. Like real F1, the most senior players will be the ones to watch out for as newbies climb the ladder.

Scratch League #21,445

It became obvious new players could'nt compete with the older players so another league was born, the Scratch League. Every season the scratch league is reborn and restarted and all players must start with a brand new team (starting from scratch). This makes for very even competion as everyone has the same money and engine and the players with the best strategy rather then the fastest cars will be victors. This would be out F3000 league for newer players.

Gravel Trap Garage #20,413

Every day in the game you get $500,000 from your sponsors, regardless of your results. it wont take you long to realise that starting a team now and letting it rest (we call them 'sleepers') will be a team with a nice bag of cash next season. So, many players start new teams now and let them sleep until they are ready for future seasons. They are stored here in the Gravel Trap League. You dont need to race them so they dont require any time. However, if you dont 'open' the account once a week or so they will be closed.

So, how many teams should you have? Thats up to you. While you are learning the game it takes a bit of time so maybe you just want one of the main league.

Most players:
2-4 in the Super League
2 in the Scratch league
1-20 in the gravel trap

Whatever you do, start at least one team to learn the ropes with, and at least 3 more for the gravel trap (you will thank me later).

Note : Bomn and I have over 40 teams and could probably give a newbie a team that already has some cash in it. If your interested, PM one of us.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 23:13 (Ref:886823)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
How do I join a group?

From inside the game:

1. Select groups on the left

2. In the 'Send application to:' enter the number of the league you wish that that team to apply for eg Super League: enter 21708

3. Important: you will not be accepted into the league until we know who you are (we only let the finest people in and me). So you must either post your team name and number in the appropriate thread, or send me a Private Message. No team will be accepted until they do this.

4. After I accept you it will ask if you wish to join. Select yes and you are in.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 23:16 (Ref:886824)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Now that you are in the group, never be afraid to ask a question. Every one of us was new not so long ago, and we have made almost every single mistake in the book.

So if we can help you avoid making the same mistakes, we will