Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Apr 2004, 02:37 (Ref:926956)   #1
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eastern Creek Supports

Was checking Natsoft when I came across this name

Lucio Cesario

At least the highlights package should be good with a Lotus spearing off the track somewhere.

Where has Lucio Cesario been all these years after running in the mid 90's in Porsche Cup?
Old 2 Apr 2004, 03:58 (Ref:926993)   #2
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for a free ride.........
Old 2 Apr 2004, 04:53 (Ref:927011)   #3
Growling Ferret
Racer

Growling Ferret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure there was a story on him in Auto Fiction this week.

I feel its just an old man making a comeback on a budget for fun. Porsche Cup would have been too expensive to replace the panels
Old 3 Apr 2004, 06:54 (Ref:928105)   #4
Big Voice
Racer

Big Voice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Jamie Cartwright was on pole for the first Lotus race and then Won it ...and as of the time of this post Jamie is starting at the rear of a reverse grid race....we will keep you posted.......ohh yeh what about those Busy Girls....Jamie just has all the fun...Busy Wears Boy on the pace yet again
Old 3 Apr 2004, 07:31 (Ref:928128)   #5
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Trimble beat James Small in the first Formula Ford race by 0.02 of a second!! Good to see Anthony Preston up in third, even though he was just 7 tenths infront of the sixth placed man at the flag! Wow, can't wait to see that on Trackside
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 3 Apr 2004, 08:53 (Ref:928186)   #6
noodles
Rookie

noodles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently, he has been in retirement for over a decade.

He is using the Lotus series to see if he "still has got what it takes"

For a guy with a reputation as a wild child and/or panel bender, how did he ever get a gig with the Lancia works team in the World Sports Car Championship?

Also does anyone also recall, how in the early 80s, he would run in Australian F2 in his RT3 with the VW Golf engine with SOHC, and then replace the head with a DOHC unit to run against Bowe and Costanzo et al in their RT4s and Tigas with BDA Cosworth engines.
Old 3 Apr 2004, 09:54 (Ref:928222)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lucio Cesario tested an F3 sometime last year, and raced it from memory... midfield...

Perhaps the verve and passion and feeling of indestructibility is now gone....

Maybe Mr Moffat and Mr Bond would hire him now? :confused:
Old 3 Apr 2004, 12:01 (Ref:928453)   #8
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Trimble and Small race was a cracker. Timing was the only way anyone could tell who won.

Prang of the weekend goes to Travis Edwards in the Aussie Racing Cars who flipped three times after going off in a big way at turn 1 in qualifying on Friday. He tried to avoid a spinning car, and it was a big one.

The Smash Repair Team did an outstanding job to get it ready for race one today - the thing was just about destroyed. Those guys are amazing!

Having a little dig at Travis, the SRT boys wrote upside down on the back of his car, "If you can read this roll me over please".
Old 3 Apr 2004, 12:07 (Ref:928470)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I bet Mr Edwards' car weighs significntly more than standard, with the quantity of race-fix bog in the bodywork
Old 3 Apr 2004, 12:20 (Ref:928487)   #10
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ha, you're probably right - they did use tonnes of the stuff. It was a pretty scary moment, though.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 07:23 (Ref:929195)   #11
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FFord Supports

Did everyone notice how close the finishes were in FFord Race 2 and Race 3

Small Francis Trimble Reynolds and Macrow, very competitive and close.

Looks to be a good year in FFord!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 09:14 (Ref:929280)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I like how one of the drivers in the team helps the crew look after the cars, and the rest are in Hollywood mode...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 10:10 (Ref:929334)   #13
Big Voice
Racer

looks like the old fella has still got it in the Lotus series...well done sir consistancy is the key over the weekend
Old 5 Apr 2004, 00:51 (Ref:930373)   #14
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every year is a good year in Formula Fords. It will always be the best support category for the V8s.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 01:30 (Ref:930396)   #15
dangeradam
Rookie

dangeradam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where is the best place to find results for these categories some of the sites are a bit out of date and the supercar site didn't seem to have them.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 01:38 (Ref:930401)   #16
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Support categoties can be found on www.racetime.com.au or www.natsoft.com.au
Old 6 Apr 2004, 05:54 (Ref:931835)   #17
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bathurst
Every year is a good year in Formula Fords. It will always be the best support category for the V8s.
FF the best support category? Surely you jest, I agree with Mr Chochrane, there is nothing like watching cashed up middle age no-hopers, all driving identical cars and boring me to death. Or even better scale models of real cars, with motorcyle engines in them, driven by 30 odd people that I have never heard of before and will probably never here of again.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 07:05 (Ref:931878)   #18
Codger
Rookie

Codger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
00 XR8
Who are you, I've never heard of you before ???
Old 6 Apr 2004, 10:25 (Ref:932053)   #19
Big Voice
Racer

If anyone has an axe to grind over The Aussie Racing Cars it would be me,but the Aussie public love those cars and so do I.
00XR8 you are a real minority and although you may not value thier contribution to motorsport they never the less provide an affordable way for many to "live thier dreams " and even more important ,they also provide great value for Sponsors .
Aussie Racing Cars,Brute utes,and other styled formulas will always be successful because of the demographic they attract...understanding marking or trying to as I may be ,would go a long way to you becoming less heated about these style of supports categories and more appreciative of the talented unknowns (as you also are)who compete in them.
If jealousy is your driving force I pitty you,if you just think the are boring,I don't know what you are watching because plenty of the rest of Australia love them.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 11:26 (Ref:932120)   #20
Codger
Rookie

Codger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Big Voice
Whenever I've been to a meeting, there's a great response from the crowd when the Aussie Race Cars appear, the racing is close, fast and furious, these little cars were doing around 200kph down the straight at EC.
If they were so boring, and driven by a bunch of nobody's, I hardly think that sponsors such as Pirtek, Shell Helix, VIP Petfoods, Loctite, Yokohama, City Ford, Delatite Ford, Pennzoil, Sime Tyres, Collex, TDK Etc. Etc. Etc. would line up to put their money into this category.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 11:27 (Ref:932121)   #21
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess you like Carrera Cup too 00XR8.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 12:18 (Ref:932179)   #22
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH I'm keeping out of this one.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:12 (Ref:932572)   #23
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm interested to hear what kind of racing 00 XR8 actually likes ??

Greyhounds perhaps ??
Old 6 Apr 2004, 20:49 (Ref:932757)   #24
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Errrm Am I the only one who saw the sarcasm light flashing in 00XR8's post??? As they say in the classics, "come in spinner..."
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 7 Apr 2004, 00:17 (Ref:932922)   #25
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I like how one of the drivers in the team helps the crew look after the cars, and the rest are in Hollywood mode...
Some people have a clue as to what is going on and is able to contribute and others are confined to making sure their visors are clean

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic