jv#12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jimmy interview

http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories...081931,00.html
Old 14 Apr 2004, 18:10 (Ref:939692)   #2
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'The solution is that both sides need to come together,' said Vasser. "One side dying is going to have the stench of death over open-wheel all together" '

I've got to agree with Jimmy on this. Hopefully TG will realise that open wheel fans want to see more than just ovals and he will return to the fold. If not I think it would be possible for either or even both series to go belly up

Last edited by icemachine; 14 Apr 2004 at 18:10.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 18:39 (Ref:939706)   #3
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jimmy is softening his tone considerably from his comments a month ago. I hope the focus remains on making the CCWS a solid, competetive series for a long time to come. TG has stone walled unification far too long. CCWS, with the addition of at least one 500 mile super speedway (sooner than later) will get back to what it was and what it still can be. Only when and if TG begins to fear for the fate of his series will he soften and possibly at that time a unification can materialize. I hope Jimmy never forgets how close TG, Honda and Toyota came to destroying the CCWS this year and for all time. They failed for the time being Off to LB in a few hours "the time is right, for racing in the streets"
Old 14 Apr 2004, 20:50 (Ref:939799)   #4
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear hear, Racinginthestreets!

I personally would like to see OWRS bury the IRL. All teams will go where the money and support is. What if Honda and Toyota leave the IRL in a couple of years (which they probably will do)? Then all of those powerhouse teams (AGR, Penske, Ganassi) will be ****, and probably go back to OWRS because that will be where the money will be flowing. The only reason that the IRL exists is not the fan base, but because there is money holding it up. But that will end soon. Give it another 6 to 7 years. The IRL will be history.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 22:56 (Ref:939902)   #5
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From a theoretical standpoint it would be better if there was one united series. It's isn't going to happen so I don't see the point in bringing it up anymore. It would be pretty hard to imagine anyone from this side shaking hands with TG after he attempted to destroy the series.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 00:05 (Ref:939945)   #6
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
From Snrub...
I don't see the point in bringing it up anymore.
Nor do I. We've been over this "TG-vs-reunification-thing" time and again, ever since I've been a member here. Let's not erupt into a thread about IRL-bashing.
Quote:
From racinthestreets...
The time is right, for racing in the streets.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 02:01 (Ref:940015)   #7
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
From a theoretical standpoint it would be better if there was one united series. It's isn't going to happen so I don't see the point in bringing it up anymore. It would be pretty hard to imagine anyone from this side shaking hands with TG after he attempted to destroy the series.
What he said!!

Time to get on with our program, and quit looking over our shoulder to what "they" are doing!
Old 15 Apr 2004, 15:33 (Ref:940565)   #8
Ac.
Racer

Canada
Waterloo, Ont.
Ac. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
Good post Snrub. Let's get down to racing for the next couple of years! As always things will change, maufacturers and TV contracts will come and go, and maybe in 2006 cooler heads can discuss an equitable end to the split.

Last edited by Ac.; 15 Apr 2004 at 15:34.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 16:23 (Ref:940613)   #9
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol, well i cant see anyone in CCWS re joining with TG, i really dislike him he is very arogant & thinks indy is everything personally if i was a driver id rather have CCWS champion to my name than IRL champ anyday & ill stand by that. ROLL ON LONG BEACH !!!!!!

Last edited by Mike_Wooshy; 15 Apr 2004 at 16:24.