Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Apr 2004, 11:06 (Ref:947715)   #1
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sound Cards

GPLers know that the Soundblaster Live! Soundcard is a bit dodgy with GPL. I've managed to make mine work with GPL, but I'm wondering if the sound card is also causing my problems with F1C.

I was wondering what sound cards you guys are using and/or any you might recommend. Ever since I've owned a PC with sound capability I have always used Creative cards. I'm wondering if it's now time for a change.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 11:16 (Ref:947725)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Onboard sound (AC97), but just because for some reason my computer doesn't recognize the fact that i have a SB Live! Platinum card stuffed in there...
The only game where i have problems is with X2: The Threat.
Didn't have any problems with F1C when i had my SB!Live on.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 22 Apr 2004 at 11:22.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 12:31 (Ref:947803)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry to disappoint you there Spud. I have an SB Live and, like you, have managed to lkargely combat the sound problems within GPL. But my sound is absolutely perfect in F1C/Proto C.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 13:34 (Ref:947866)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh well, at least it's something else I can rule out.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 15:17 (Ref:947969)   #5
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audigy 2 Player, cheap as chips, and well worth it....
plus you get awesome surround an EAX support. Works perfectly in GPL and F1C, and is great for watching DVD's (with surround speakers), and playing any game with EAX and/or surround support....
You might be having a driver issue though Spud, check that first.

Ed

Last edited by Try Hard; 22 Apr 2004 at 15:18.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 15:35 (Ref:947992)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"soundMAX digital integrated audio"

That's all i know about my sound card...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 12:49 (Ref:948967)   #7
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had started to think about a new sound card mainly due to the problems in GPL with my SB live as it makes it difficult to consentrate with what i can only descrbe as static from the speakers.
But i needed to reinstall anyway as i had a new motherboard and thought i'd try the onboard sound however it works fine in GPL but i then had problems where it couldnt cope with the throughput in Farcry and had to use software mode.

however reinstalling the card in 2000 and ive not had any problems yet!