Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 May 2004, 00:06 (Ref:978213)   #1
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is Ralf still concussed?

I believe PH's (off the record)comment was not totally unfounded and in jest. He just may have a point. At least it sure would explain alot if Ralf was still feeling the affects of last years concussion. I always regarded him to be overrated but this year especially his driving is suspect at best. He also gives the impression of being much more outspoken, freely expressing his opinion on just about everything and everybody. The latest, if true, is he seems to think that he can control who Toyota can sign as his teammate. Perhaps he thinks he is Michael!
Old 22 May 2004, 08:19 (Ref:978494)   #2
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read something by Piquet (no link sorry) where he said that his (piquet's) big accident affected his vision, more specifically his depth perception, which meant he was no longer as good under heavy braking which had always been his niche.

Ralf is also a late braker (yes, later than Montoya!) so maybe there is something to this. Montoya is like Hakkinen and is awesome through the faster corners while Ralf is/was like DC and supreme through the slow stuff, particularly braking from high speed into a slow, slow corner.

Piquet said that he was never the same after that accident...

Oh Toyota, what have you done?
Old 22 May 2004, 08:55 (Ref:978522)   #3
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Is Ralf still concussed?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
The latest, if true, is he seems to think that he can control who Toyota can sign as his teammate.
As far as I know, it's just a rumour that he wants that clause.
Just like it's just a rumour that Michael has such a clause ("to prevent the team to hire someone who might beat him").
And just like it's just a rumour that Prost had such a clause ("to prevent the team to hire Senna").
Old 22 May 2004, 09:43 (Ref:978562)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only defiante case of a driver specifying who his team-mate could and couldn't be was Senna at Lotus in the mid-80s.

Concussion injuries can be a strange thing. The effects can linger for a long time, and Ralf seems to have changed on a personality level (almsot becoming a less likable version of Montoya) as well as losing some of his driving edge. A good long period of rest might be needed for him to recover.
Old 22 May 2004, 10:18 (Ref:978590)   #5
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe it was published in The Sun, which is not the most reliable source. Then again if Toyota gives him that amount of money I'm not surprised Ralf thinks he is Michael. Seems Ralf doesn't want DC as his teammate. I can't see why not DC. He can beat DC, that's for sure. Who would he prefer, then? Baumgartner I assume.
Old 22 May 2004, 10:24 (Ref:978598)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Is Ralf still concussed?

Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
And just like it's just a rumour that Prost had such a clause ("to prevent the team to hire Senna").
At Williams? That was fact. Senna tried to join Prost at Williams for 1993 (even offering to race for free) but was told by Frank that it was impossible because Prost had a veto against him driving in his contract.
Old 22 May 2004, 13:11 (Ref:978803)   #7
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by minirda
I believe it was published in The Sun, which is not the most reliable source. Then again if Toyota gives him that amount of money I'm not surprised Ralf thinks he is Michael. Seems Ralf doesn't want DC as his teammate. I can't see why not DC. He can beat DC, that's for sure. Who would he prefer, then? Baumgartner I assume.
I don't think Ralf thinks he is or is a good as Micheal. I think Willi Weber has too much influence over Ralf, he is the one who is walking around telling anyone who will listen that Ralf could have the same oppoutunity as Michael did at Benneton and that Ralf could build up a race team around himself and so on, so any clause requested to be put in the contract would be more likely to be 'suggested' by Weber and not Ralf.
Old 22 May 2004, 19:13 (Ref:979025)   #8
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard on television that Patrick Head said that Villeneuve was at the factory last week to get his seat done

Anyone can confirm this?
Old 22 May 2004, 19:55 (Ref:979047)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well i cant confirm this... nor have i read it on any f1-site..
Old 22 May 2004, 19:58 (Ref:979048)   #10
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Tipycally, Ralf has done a great qualify in Monaco just when PH spread all that about cincussions. Mind always looks a powerful factor in sports.
Old 22 May 2004, 20:56 (Ref:979076)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ElScOrChO
I heard on television that Patrick Head said that Villeneuve was at the factory last week to get his seat done

Anyone can confirm this?
Great.

Not only have we got JV into this thread. We've got media (TV) (although we only "heard" not "saw" it), we've got got a possible quote from the most (sorry second most) powerful man in Team Willy saying that the subject of our adoration was at the factory "getting his seat done".

Impressive stuff really. *yawn*
Old 22 May 2004, 21:39 (Ref:979110)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
from what i've read in the thursday press conference . i thnik it wasn't at the factory ..

Ciao Marco
Old 22 May 2004, 21:59 (Ref:979127)   #13
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyway, it doesn't seem that Ralf is too fussed about being concussed...
Old 23 May 2004, 15:43 (Ref:980093)   #14
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Transcript from fia.com
Thursday press conference.

Q: (Byron Young – Speed Sport) Patrick, is there any chance of seeing Jacques Villeneuve in the car in the near future, testing, because there are all sorts of rumours and speculation that he could be in the car before the end of the season and that kind of thing. Could you give us some information on that?
PH: I wish our engineers were as creative as the press really! I was rung up after Barcelona saying that they understood Jacques Villeneuve was at Ricard and was going to be driving one of our cars there. It was certainly the first I knew about it. I did buzz upstairs and asked Frank whether he had set something up and hadn’t told me about it, but he also denied all knowledge.
Q: (Mike Doodson) Patrick, can I follow this up – we did hear that Jacques had spent some time in your company. Do you want to deny that as well and if he was in your company was it at his request or yours?
PH: Erm. We certainly had one discussion with him, yep.

Q: (Mike Doodson) Was it on the premises?
PH: No.
Old 23 May 2004, 15:45 (Ref:980098)   #15
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Great.
Not only have we got JV into this thread. We've got media (TV) (although we only "heard" not "saw" it), we've got got a possible quote from the most (sorry second most) powerful man in Team Willy saying that the subject of our adoration was at the factory "getting his seat done".
Impressive stuff really. *yawn*
lmao!.......hilarious..
Old 23 May 2004, 20:27 (Ref:980366)   #16
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by minirda
Then again if Toyota gives him that amount of money I'm not surprised Ralf thinks he is Michael. Seems Ralf doesn't want DC as his teammate. I can't see why not DC. He can beat DC, that's for sure. Who would he prefer, then? Baumgartner I assume.
i bet he's not going toyota... he's asking too much for what he's worth.