Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 18 Jul 2004, 02:38 (Ref:1039378)   #1
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
jenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll never get sick of this! Kanaan #1!!!

go TK! just try taking the championship from him this year!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 03:11 (Ref:1039380)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
He's looking good isnt he , and im happy cause I picked him in the pick ems competition

allthough the move on the last lap wasnt strictly a legal one it wasnt super bad , be interesting to see what the stewards have to say about it.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 03:13 (Ref:1039381)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
oh bugger , no I didnt I picked Wheldon
Old 18 Jul 2004, 03:18 (Ref:1039384)   #4
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
lol, i pick Kanaan at #1 every race without question, and it's working out SO well for me this season!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 03:28 (Ref:1039387)   #5
Refutation
Racer

Refutation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like Buddy Rice! Not that I was a fan of his befor,but tonight just cemented the dislike.

Dan was back on his game this weekend,and I think things will go better for him come the next race.If it follows the pattern thus far...

Tony
Dan
Buddy
Tony
Dan
Buddy
Tony

Next week should be real good for Dan
Old 18 Jul 2004, 03:32 (Ref:1039389)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I thought Buddy was a tad impatient , he could have easilly waited for a better opportunity to get past Wheldon but took the first chance he saw and paid the price.

he was clearly quicker than everybody (with the exception of Meira perhaps) but racers are racers and he wanted the lead back.

an amazing effort by both he and Dan to not crash though , probably through more good luck than good judgement but certainly was an interesting piece of driving by both of them.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 03:34 (Ref:1039390)   #7
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
i'm not a big Buddy fan either, which is totally irrational. he seems like a nice guy, i met him briefly in May and he was cool. but as a racer? i don't know, i'm just not feeling it! LOL!!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 03:35 (Ref:1039391)   #8
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
oh yeah, and well done to Taylor, showing everyone he had what it takes all along!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 03:44 (Ref:1039394)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
agreed 7th place was excellent from mark today his best result so far
Old 18 Jul 2004, 13:26 (Ref:1039579)   #10
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been watching IRL on ESPN for a while now and this one I caught *live on Sunday Morn*. I am impressed by the racing. Is the IRL now the premier open wheeler series in the world.
marcus and jenna do you know the pacific ESPN web site where you can print out all the motorsport stuff so you know when it's on. The have a Sports Wizard that you can use.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 15:02 (Ref:1039626)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is Tony Kanaan still the winner? I can't belive that. That was a blatant illegal move and he shouldn't have been declared winner.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1039637)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At any rate, Vitor Meria was the man to beat this race.

Sam Hornish was looking super quick at this race too. If TK hadn't pulled that block - IMHO - Sam would have had him.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 17:44 (Ref:1039705)   #13
sr230772
Racer

sr230772 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
still not sure nassville's a good track to race irl on theres only one grove imagine tallaidaga (did i spell it right oh well)
Old 18 Jul 2004, 18:29 (Ref:1039730)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sr230772
still not sure nassville's a good track to race irl on theres only one grove imagine tallaidaga (did i spell it right oh well)
They may have said it was one groove, but I saw them go 3 wide several times. Meira's restart, after his terrible pit-stop, was simply great racing! Nashville was great IMO.

Good finishes for the Penske boys, where did Helio come from? Man, he was way down all race! Good to see Taylor have a good finish, and T Bell, fantastic stuff, making Chevy look good! He could have a future here.

Is Scheckter having a bad year or what? He's one of the best racers out there, and he just can't get it done.

Vitor had that race. He was easily the car to beat, but that awful pit-stop did him in. He'll get a win, no doubt.

Great race, in my book, and yes, the IRL is without a doubt, THE premier open wheel series today!
Old 18 Jul 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1039745)   #15
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rice did nothing wrong. Wheldons spotter didn't tell him that Rice was inside him. Rice flipped off the AGR crew when the race was done and had to be restrained form punching it out with some of them. Wheldon was not to be found during this altercation preferring to seek safety in the teams hauler.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 20:04 (Ref:1039793)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think Kanaan did anything particularly outrageous, particularly given it was the last lap.

To tamper with a fair race result would have left a sour taste in the mouth.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 00:14 (Ref:1039985)   #17
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Owner
Rice did nothing wrong. Wheldons spotter didn't tell him that Rice was inside him. Rice flipped off the AGR crew when the race was done and had to be restrained form punching it out with some of them. Wheldon was not to be found during this altercation preferring to seek safety in the teams hauler.
LMAO! Rice isn't such a nice guy after all then?!
i think the guys rely too much on their spotters.. but i guess that's just how the cars are these days, you can't see much except for what's ahead of you, as is my understanding...
Old 19 Jul 2004, 06:57 (Ref:1040057)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
retro.

Not sure about a specific website to plan yourself for IRL events but I can tell you that the next event is this weekend at the Milwaukee Mile , we should see the race sometime in the early hous of Monday morning , but if you dont get your Pay TV magazine , try your Electronic guide , that might help you (if you have the same cable system I do anyway?)
Old 19 Jul 2004, 08:56 (Ref:1040128)   #19
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
marcus this site is ESPN international. Australia is the Pacific Rim. If you use this Sport Wizard select motor sport then Pacific Rim and then adjust the calender to how far ahead you want to go. Don't forget they put the date the opposite way around. Then print it off and make the necessary adjustments to your life to watch the shows - it beats the magazine hands down

07-25-2004 03:30 pm 06:00 pm MILWAUKEE INDY 200
at THE MILWAUKEE MILE MILWAUKEE, WI USA
Description : IRL INDYCAR SERIES live

07-26-2004 05:30 am 08:00 am MILWAUKEE INDY 200
Description : IRL INDYCAR SERIES

07-27-2004 08:00 pm 10:30 pm MILWAUKEE INDY 200
Description : IRL INDYCAR SERIES

Last edited by retro; 19 Jul 2004 at 08:58.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 19 Jul 2004, 09:05 (Ref:1040140)   #20
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
You legend
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:11 (Ref:1040181)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More rgeat racing form teh year's most exciting four-wheel championship, although it's a shame the Honda teams continue to dominate. Very impressive showings from Townsend and Mark though - I'm delighted for Access that the drive came together and looks competitive - fingers crossed that it will continue for the season.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1040192)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Encouraging signs for Toyota, finishing 2-3-4
Old 20 Jul 2004, 05:27 (Ref:1040937)   #23
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kanaan almost cost himself the race with his blocking move on the backstretch. If you watch the replay you can see Hornishs right front wing end fence cut Kanaans left rear tire. 2-3 more laps tops and the tire would have shredded, which it finally did after the race was over.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 10:11 (Ref:1041062)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

That's why it was a move he would only have done on the last lap.
Old 21 Jul 2004, 17:38 (Ref:1042348)   #25
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jenna
i think the guys rely too much on their spotters.. but i guess that's just how the cars are these days, you can't see much except for what's ahead of you, as is my understanding
I tend to agree. All series have regulations and I've never been able to figure out why they don't regulate larger mirrors with perhaps a second convex mirror like trucks have. (I know you're picturing a giant truck mirror, that's not quite what I'm proposing )