Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2004, 11:12 (Ref:1066960)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hungarian GP - Race Discussion

Hello

Anyone who wants to discuss the Hungarian Grand Prix as it happens can use the ten-tenths chatroom.

A hard-core of regular users are in there and hopefully some new visitors will join us to chat about the race.

There are several ways to access it - at least one of which should work for you!

This should hopefully avoid a 2-million-post long thread to trawl through!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 11:15 (Ref:1066964)   #2
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Easiest way for people to join us in the chatroom is to follow this link http://www.motorsportsearch.com/chat it will work on most browsers without any add ons. Please remember to use your 10/10ths nicks, so we know who you are.

If you interested in reading some of the logs from previous chats, visit our minisite http://www.motorsport.alrob.com there is also a link to the room on there.

Hope to see some of you later on this afternoon.

Wens

Last edited by wensleydale; 15 Aug 2004 at 11:16.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1066990)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RED-wash expectd!!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1067020)   #4
Snapple
Rookie

Snapple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Another snoozefest
Old 15 Aug 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1067027)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Three laps to go and for the first time ever I can't be bothered watching anymore.

*Yawn*. MS driver of the race.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 13:41 (Ref:1067030)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tonight, 8.30 pm, Sky Sports - IndyCar from Kentucky - guaranteed entertainment.

Oh, and well done Ferrari.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 13:43 (Ref:1067035)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't get Sky thank goodness.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 13:47 (Ref:1067041)   #8
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite enjoyed the advert breaks!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:06 (Ref:1067052)   #9
Snapple
Rookie

Snapple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Jor-El
I quite enjoyed the advert breaks!

It was pretty dire, isn't it time these dull tracks were dropped from the calander?

Last edited by Snapple; 15 Aug 2004 at 14:06.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:06 (Ref:1067053)   #10
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Tonight, 8.30 pm, Sky Sports - IndyCar from Kentucky - guaranteed entertainment.

Oh, and well done Ferrari.
I'll second that KB!

Watch it fella's, it'll restore your faith in open wheel RACING!

Can anyone tell me why I dragged my tired body out of bed at such an early hour on a rainy Sunday morning that was just meant for sleep, to watch that race?

Well done Ferrari, it was nip and tuck there for awhile!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1067054)   #11
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
full log from the chatroom has been posted to the minisite if anyone is interested in seeing just what we get up to.

http://motorsport.alrob.com/logs.htm...aroring%202004

Thanks to all those who joined us today, and I hope to see you all again for Spa.

Wens
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1067057)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've got a major problem.

One of the guys who works for me is a scouser and he supports Liverpool. I can't stand soccer and he knows it and keeps going on about how much better it is than motor racing.

After today I think he's right. At least about F1.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1067058)   #13
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah roll on the IRL race tonite. I thought the much maligned James Allen put it rather well when he remarked "Well it wasn't a classic today in fact the most exciting bit was watching Ross Brawn eating a banana"
I now eagerly await the blinkered views of the F1 bods as they gallantly try to talk up that big pile of jobbies.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1067059)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good chattage!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1067060)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Wens.

Yesterday all you lot talked about was LMES! Couldn't be @rsed to join in today.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1067062)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
RED-wash expectd!!
i was right!!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1067073)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race dull, but at least F1 can admit whn it has a dull race. Still the specifics. Otherwise I guess nothing to say (this is the sentence I've put in so that this post gets some response )

Alonsos and Montoya had great starts, but that just served to put them pretty much in order of race pace.

McLaren lost the plot and still have reliability problems.

Jordan. Pantano was driving a really bad car by the looks of it.

Renault? Well Trulli didn't enjoy that!

Jaguar. Did they beat the Jordans at the end? A little spin from Webber. Reminded me of those that Montoya has sometimes had.

Pizzonia. Impressive Q (more fuel that JPM) and a little off in his vain attempt to get close enough to Sato. Slide wide (no front grip?) marbles, rallycross. He was trying though.

Sauber. One good, one unlucky. Decent tyres heped. Fisi still tyring despite Renault drive, unlike in Jordan last year.

Ferrari, wow. Less wow for soft tyred Rubens. The fuel rig problem wasn't that much of a drama.

BAR. Coped with Button problem. Button, coped with BAR problem.

Minardi? er one driver had a home race.

Toyota. Engine can't show, wrong tyres. Zonta mixed up in the bottleneck at T1.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:20 (Ref:1067077)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
so Adam what your sayin can be summed up in 3 word...

bore-a-thon!!
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1067080)   #19
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato went backwards at the start similar to the way Trulli did a couple of years ago. You wouldn't really have expected him to be the one losing out in the first few corners.

Alonso, for me, man of the race, he was 20-odd seconds ahead of his team-mate even before Trulli's tyres went off.

Disappointing again for Barrichello, but I didn't expect anything else!

Pizzonia was quite impressive in the race as well as qualifying, will it be eough for a drive next year?
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1067081)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ralf fan, yes, but as that goes without saying it is hardly a point of discussion

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Aug 2004 at 14:24.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1067082)   #21
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice job Adam, you were able to say more in that one post about this race, than all of the other posts combined!

I guess thats why your the mod!

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1067083)   #22
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good stuff as usual Ferrari broke records and was flawless
and the williams?
was that the old nose attached to the new chassis with twin keel? it worked ok but was it ideal
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:28 (Ref:1067087)   #23
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Quote:
Originally posted by Tweed
Alonso, for me, man of the race, he was 20-odd seconds ahead of his team-mate even before Trulli's tyres went off.
Man of the race?

Hell, Bruni was 20 seconds in front of Zsolt, but I don't think that exactly makes him driver of the race...

There was one, and only one driver this race, Michael by a mile...
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:31 (Ref:1067088)   #24
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
and he was literally a mile ahead of Rubens as well
Old 15 Aug 2004, 14:32 (Ref:1067089)   #25
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did ferrari win then? I turned over to watch the Olympics half way thru the race!!