Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Aug 2004, 04:40 (Ref:1077622)   #1
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Neil

McFadyen signs with Gore's WPS Racing
Release Date: 25/08/2004
Rising talent Neil McFadyen, one of the most exciting new prospects in Australian motorsport, has been signed to drive with WPS Racing in this year’s Sandown and Bathurst endurance events.

McFadyen joins drivers David Besnard, Malaysian Alex Yoong and Kiwi John McIntyre in one of the two WPS Racing Ford Falcons to compete in the ninth and tenth rounds of the V8 Supercar Championship Series.

Team owner Craig Gore, who is also the chairman of team sponsor Wright Patton Shakespeare Financial Group, said he was yet to finalise the driver combinations for the two events.

“We have a great mix of youth and experience in our teams and that augurs well for our chances in the upcoming endurance events,” said Gore.

“It is great to welcome Neil into the team as he has shown great promise in both karting and Formula Ford, the proving grounds of Australian motorsport champions of the future.”

McFadyen fills the position created by last week’s mid-season departure of driver Mark Noske.

“I’m absolutely ecstatic with the opportunity,” said McFadyen.

“This gives me a guaranteed seat in two of the biggest races of the year so it’s an offer too good to refuse.

“I had the prospect of a drive with another team. When the WPS Racing option became available the other team supported me in the interests of forwarding my career. I thank them for their support.”

The deal to put McFadyen behind the wheel for the endurance events also has an added sweetener, with WPS Racing taking an option to extend his contract into the 2005 season.

The team’s other new signing, ex-Formula One driver Alex Yoong, has the same option in his agreement.

“The motivation for the option agreements is to give us a little time to assess the most appropriate driver to join David Besnard in the 2005 season,” said Gore.

“Both Alex and Neil are great talents and we wanted to give each of them every opportunity to prove themselves.”

While Yoong’s background includes a stint across two seasons with the powerful Minardi F1 team, McFadyen’s background is in carting and the Formula Ford category.

He was the first person to win all three international classes in Australian carting, taking the Junior Intercontinental A title in 1998, the Senior Intercontinental A title in 1999 and the Formula A title in 2000.

His potential was again confirmed in 2002 when he competed in the Formula Ford national championships and came fourth in an older-spec car crewed by himself and his father.

McFadyen went on to win the 2003 Australian Formula Ford Championship.

In 2004 he had six wins and two seconds from eight starts in winning the Australian Drivers Championship in Formula 4000.

He also made his debut in the V8 Supercar Championship Series when he secured a one-off drive in the Queensland 300 at Ipswich last month.

“I was coming 14th with 6 laps but I made a few mistakes and ended up 18th,” said McFadyen.

“I was pretty happy with my pace but I could have done better. Anyway, I’ll be better for the experience.”

McFadyen has relocated from Sydney to the Gold Coast to familiarise himself with WPS Racing ahead of the Betta Electrical Sandown 500 on September 10-12.

He will then travel to the second of the endurance events, the Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 at Bathurst’s Mount Panorama, on October 7-10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home | Konica Minolta Home | Teams Only | Press Centre | Terms Of Use | Privacy | Contact Us | Site Help | About AVESCO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 26 Aug 2004, 04:51 (Ref:1077627)   #2
ADZ351
Rookie

ADZ351 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although he's shown talent behind the wheel he's also known as not the sharpest tool in the shed and makes Jason "not so" look like a MENSA candidate. Hopefully he's got enough brains not to make Craig Gore regret his decision the same way his last team does for giving him a start, but that's a whole nother story.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 04:56 (Ref:1077628)   #3
Also a Believer
Veteran

Gee ADZ your a bit tough. The kid gets his dream opportunity and your sticking the knife in. Lets just say well done and see how he goes. And lets not be judgemental on a few misplaced words.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 05:07 (Ref:1077633)   #4
ADZ351
Rookie

ADZ351 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig Gores the tough one and it doesnt look like he puts up with s$%t, I like the team and I like where they are heading. I wish them every success!
Old 26 Aug 2004, 05:11 (Ref:1077634)   #5
RRR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, VIC
RRR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's face it, not all racing drivers are all that smart. But do we really need to concentrate on if they can add, subtract AND multiply?

Neil's a good guy with lots of promise behind the wheel and heaps of motivation. He's never had a free or easy ride, which is more that can be said for some people of there.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 05:30 (Ref:1077640)   #6
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ADZ351
Craig Gores the tough one and it doesnt look like he puts up with s$%t, I like the team and I like where they are heading. I wish them every success!
Can you explain Josh Hunt then?
Old 26 Aug 2004, 05:48 (Ref:1077642)   #7
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who the hell titles a press release "McFadyen signs with Gore's WPS Racing". What is this Gore's WPS Racing? Is it Brock signs with Grech's Holden Racing Team? With Crawford's KRT? With Flint's FPR?

The guy is just an ego-maniac! I realise he may not have written the press release but he isn't building a team, he is building a dictatorship..........!

Congrats to Neil though!
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 08:25 (Ref:1077734)   #8
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Craig Gore not have a larger part in the team then say Grech or those you mentioned? Hasn't he got a lot to do with WPS or getting pretty much all of the funds together?

What about Dick's Racing Team or Garry's Racing Team.

And dont forget, he didn't write the press release - maybe the person who wrote it thought Gore is a large figure in the team. I personally didn't really notice it or care about it.

Last edited by twig; 26 Aug 2004 at 08:26.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 12:33 (Ref:1077996)   #9
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all the best to Neil, hope he goes very well

Last edited by lowndesfan; 26 Aug 2004 at 12:33.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 12:48 (Ref:1078012)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by ADZ351
Although he's shown talent behind the wheel he's also known as not the sharpest tool in the shed and makes Jason "not so" look like a MENSA candidate. Hopefully he's got enough brains not to make Craig Gore regret his decision the same way his last team does for giving him a start, but that's a whole nother story.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 23:38 (Ref:1078677)   #11
Also a Believer
Veteran

Only you would find that funny GTR.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 01:53 (Ref:1078745)   #12
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats Neil, better with WPS than with Dynamik. Not much though.
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 27 Aug 2004, 08:46 (Ref:1078891)   #13
spa-eau rouge
Racer

spa-eau rouge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and whom is CRAIG GORE ,,when he is not at home?????????