Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1094204)   #1
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi's voice!

Did you hear the short interview on ITV with Kimi after his car was garaged during the race.

Wacky or what?

It sounded like he has been inhaling helium from a West promotional balloon.

Or have you got a better explanation?

Old 12 Sep 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1094209)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Doesn't he always talk like that!
Old 12 Sep 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1094212)   #3
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not that squeaky - surely.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:02 (Ref:1094229)   #4
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope his testicles are all right
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:02 (Ref:1094233)   #5
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Good thought - Louise G was next to him.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:03 (Ref:1094234)   #6
Fondmetal
Rookie

Fondmetal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
forget MS being branded a robot....now kimi thats what u call a robot, doesnt get happy doesnt get sad....emotionless
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:26 (Ref:1094259)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fondmetal, didn't you already go into a rant about Kimi?

He just plays his cards close to his chest emotionally. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:39 (Ref:1094269)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's already been one thread on this locked.

What does this one add to the debate?
Old 12 Sep 2004, 17:47 (Ref:1094275)   #9
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Not the same KB - this is about Kimi's helium-based comments at Monza.

I don't want to opne up another a thread about Kimi being boring that negative stuff is tosh.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 18:53 (Ref:1094321)   #10
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He just sounded like himself to me?
Old 12 Sep 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1094335)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too.

I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 19:24 (Ref:1094349)   #12
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Oh well - must have been my hi quality surround sound system!
Old 12 Sep 2004, 21:51 (Ref:1094466)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL. This is a funny thread. I like the Iceman, no matter how he speaks. It's a shame he was forced to retire again, that was his 8th DNF this season.

Can't wait for next season when two of my favourite drivers will be in the same team.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 22:11 (Ref:1094490)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kimi's retirement was caused by a leak which started when he was hit on the first lap, rather than more Mercedes shoddiness!
Old 12 Sep 2004, 23:45 (Ref:1094538)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It has been a truly wretched year for Kimi, and it's unfortunate - though understandable - that he seems to be growing impatient with McLaren. A passing temper, or a deeper disillusionment? Something tells me that if McLaren don't perform in 2005, then Raikkonen may be knocking on other doors.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 00:11 (Ref:1094559)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Agreed.

He has had a shocker for reliability this season, and deserves much better. I'm sure Juan is'nt pleased at how many Mercs dont see the end of a race.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 02:06 (Ref:1094605)   #17
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Ferrari's Ross Brawn and Jean Todt openly expressing their appreciation of Kimi, and the brilliance of Ferrari machinery in speed, reliability and stability, it isn't too far fetched that Ferrari may try to snatch Kimi when his current contract ends as a replacement to Michael Schumacher.

I'm holding out to more Mclaren failures...til Kimi decides enough is enough
Old 13 Sep 2004, 06:02 (Ref:1094691)   #18
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

I'd like to see him out of there too. I think he's had a rough deal.

Lucky he's a cool customer. Goodness knows how a hot-headed South Amercian would cope with level of failure!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 09:28 (Ref:1094860)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

McLaren's reliability has been much better of late - this latest one was down to being hit at the first chicane rather than any incompetence of the Merc engine!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:32 (Ref:1094923)   #20
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Jarce
Lucky he's a cool customer.
I'm not sure how true this is. On several occasions this year, he's been visibly angry at retirement, and has lashed out at marshals more than once. Just because he's Finnish and taciturn in interviews doesn't mean he's cool and level-headed.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1094953)   #21
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Jarce
Oh well - must have been my hi quality surround sound system!
no Hugh, are you sure you're not just listening to the imaginary voices in your head again

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:42 (Ref:1095106)   #22
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Could be.

Sorry, what was that?
Old 13 Sep 2004, 16:12 (Ref:1095282)   #23
BIGMOUTH
Racer

BIGMOUTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
LOL. This is a funny thread. I like the Iceman, no matter how he speaks. It's a shame he was forced to retire again, that was his 8th DNF this season.

Can't wait for next season when two of my favourite drivers will be in the same team.
same here
Old 13 Sep 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1095330)   #24
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard it too. I think there's some fishy helium technology thing going on there - the driver inhales helium through his drinks tube to make him lighter.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 17:44 (Ref:1095443)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm watching the highlights show now and kimi sounds..............

normal-ish.

I'll have to look back at the full race tape, they may have edited it.