Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News re: TV Deal and Schedule

Also the latest on Jim McGee. From espn motorsports
Old 11 Oct 2004, 00:34 (Ref:1120652)   #2
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if anyone wants to spread a rumour in their own interests about it being a basic time-buy agreement, it's ESPN. I'll wait for an independant source on that one thanks.

6 CBS races next year, growing to as many as 13 in 2007. CCWS working with CBS must see a way to make it work. 2005/06 will be proving years for CCWS on CBS, and if they prove to have competant ratings then CBS can be expected to work more with them in the future.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 02:35 (Ref:1120706)   #3
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CCWS is moving back to SPEED? ****, I don't have that..

Oh well, hopefully I'll have satellite before the season starts next year.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 07:48 (Ref:1120832)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Schedule to be released on Oct. 21...
TV package on Nov. 1...
Old 11 Oct 2004, 16:11 (Ref:1121179)   #5
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guess that's the latest we've heard on it.....
Old 11 Oct 2004, 17:07 (Ref:1121241)   #6
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah its all speculative for now, but at least it is something positive.

I hope that one of the CBS races could be Las Vegas, provided that Champ Cars go back there (I sincerely hope so!).
Old 11 Oct 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1121542)   #7
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At a guess, I think the 6 CBS races will be Long Beach, Milwaukee (if they return), Vegas (that will be back as either oval or street), Cleveland, Portland and possibly Denver with the races outside USA being shown on Speed.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1121546)   #8
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^ I would put Laguna Seca on that CBS list.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 23:46 (Ref:1121670)   #9
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it gets to 13 in 2 seasons, you can guess which 2 or 3 won't be on network. Isn't that a nice thought.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 15:33 (Ref:1122294)   #10
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't understand is why the time buy stuff is absolutely necessary. Series like Grand Am and Speed World challange have reasonable sponsorship. Correspondingly, I would assume they get reasonable ratings. Is it not possible for CC to run on Speed and get decent ratings and concentrate on other forms of marketing? My feeling is that they tried the time buy thing and it wasn't that successful, why not try something different?
Old 12 Oct 2004, 15:45 (Ref:1122302)   #11
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few points:

Long Beach may have a VERY early start, or be a delayed telecast on CBS because that network covers the Masters that weekend.

For Laguna, Pook moved the race to June so it could be shown on CBS and killed the Laguna crowd by doing so. If OWRS even races at Laguna in '05, it won't move it off the fall for CBS like Pook made the mistake of doing.

The CBS races will be dictated by the network's summer schedule matching up with OWRS races, as it was in '03. This is tricky because CBS does a lot of golf in the summer. CBS also has NFL in the fall, which pretty much rules that out.

The time-buys are necessary becausethe ratings are so low that a rights fee is not going to be paid to OWRS. CART was the lowest rated series on SPEED in '03.

My guess is that the 5-6 races they'll buy CBS network time for will be a summer package of some kind, like '03.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 15:47 (Ref:1122303)   #12
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
I don't understand is why the time buy stuff is absolutely necessary. Series like Grand Am and Speed World challange have reasonable sponsorship. Correspondingly, I would assume they get reasonable ratings. Is it not possible for CC to run on Speed and get decent ratings and concentrate on other forms of marketing? My feeling is that they tried the time buy thing and it wasn't that successful, why not try something different?
Others have made Time Buys a profitable venture. There is no reason to think that OWRS can't do the same if they run it well, and get the right advertisers.