Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Oct 2004, 18:46 (Ref:1126783)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirelli and the hard stuff

Whatr is it with the Pirelli tyres oin WRC on asphalt, they have never ever been any good, not sine the mid nineties.
The wins they have had with Subaru and Ford in recent times have all been on wettish rallies.
It just seems amazing to me that year on year any team on the Pirelli tyres on asphalt is utterly embarassed by the Michelin users. Every team that has used them recently from Subaru, Ford, SEAT and any6 others have been instantly relegatred to also rans.
How can they get it so consistenly wrong!! and give their rival teams and drivers such a massive advantage. Watching Petter today, the poor bloke knew from the start that he was gonna be rubbish, shame.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1126855)   #2
sjw75
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
sjw75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybee next year the Subaru team will go for a different make, when I bought my Scooby it was fitted with Bridgestone Potenzas as standard, not a bad tyre !!

Simon.

Team circuitmarshal "In-out round and round"
Old 17 Oct 2004, 22:39 (Ref:1126922)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No likely Si, they must be tied into a huge contract with Pirelli as they have never run on anything else I dont believe! Also Peugeot are running them next year aswell. That might speed up development as they have only run on Michelin sine their involvement in WRC
Old 18 Oct 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1127358)   #4
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know Pirelli had a massive test programme with some of the Irish Tarmac lads this year. Probably why there so good in the wet as it never fails **** out of the heavens on events over here.