Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Nov 2004, 00:18 (Ref:1158872)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cocho's CockUp... Tassie Result to be revised on RPM

It seems Mr Cochrane when on Panelbeaters last night may have made a bit of a public booboo regarding an adjustment to results of R3 in Tasmania.

While Mr Crompton seemed quite happy NOT to discuss the subject, Mr Cochrane made very clear that the revised results have been computated, and the revision will be publicly released on RPM on Sunday.

It is my understanding that the 3 cars put to the back of the field by the error with the Safety Car shall be announced as 1-2-3 in the race.

Which means Mr Besnard, Mr Bright & Mr Skaife will be announced as 1-2-3, and WPS have their first race win in the category.

This noise has been communicated to the teams concerned in the last day or so, and presumably the issue of further protest has been tempered.

Great news for Mr Besnard, who took the race on merit, taking advantage of the Safety Car cards as they fell!

Old 20 Nov 2004, 00:37 (Ref:1158885)   #2
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if this is the case, what does that do to the points? Is Bright back in the championship hunt?
Old 20 Nov 2004, 00:37 (Ref:1158886)   #3
fordlover
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, AUstralia
fordlover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wont that give Marcos the cahmpionchip??

if this is true, congrats go to besnard for backing up his champcar debut result with a win. and to WPS for their maiden win.
Old 20 Nov 2004, 00:53 (Ref:1158891)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mathematically Mr Bright is still in the championship hunt, although Mr Ambrose would need to DNF in all the remaining races, as would Mr Murphy, and Mr Bright would need to win or be almost winning each of them in order to achieve it....
Old 20 Nov 2004, 05:17 (Ref:1158964)   #5
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
couldn't Murphy have grounds to appeal?
if these drivers didn't get waved passed they saftey car murphy may have been able to race them and pass them for the win?
Old 20 Nov 2004, 05:22 (Ref:1158966)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
this would be total bS then because Greg murphy was one car behind Mark skaife at the restart and would most likely have passed Skaife and possibly others. he may have in fact passed bright as well giving him the round win over ingall.

And GTR this would make Bright about 10 points behind murph. so Murphy would not have to DNF anything for bright to get in front of him.

I say results should stand as they were. Decisions were made during the race, to decide race positions and those postions should stand. Bright, besnard and skaife would not have been leading if the safety car had have come out in the right place.
Old 20 Nov 2004, 08:38 (Ref:1159028)   #7
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Do not worry bartman 71 the try hard will whinge all the way to the bank about the finla results of the Tassie experinance, we all know what the try hard is all about whinge , whinge. Aad after his hippokrite comments to make MS move over for him at Tassie. The tryhard will complain.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 20 Nov 2004, 09:35 (Ref:1159054)   #8
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TSR
Do not worry bartman 71 the try hard will whinge all the way to the bank about the finla results of the Tassie experinance, we all know what the try hard is all about whinge , whinge. Aad after his hippokrite comments to make MS move over for him at Tassie. The tryhard will complain.
true but it wont help him with the championship
SBR 1/2 i think
Old 20 Nov 2004, 09:35 (Ref:1159056)   #9
Ray Singcar
Rookie

Ray Singcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by peckstar
this would be total bS then because Greg murphy was one car behind Mark skaife at the restart and would most likely have passed Skaife and possibly others. he may have in fact passed bright as well giving him the round win over ingall.

And GTR this would make Bright about 10 points behind murph. so Murphy would not have to DNF anything for bright to get in front of him.

I say results should stand as they were. Decisions were made during the race, to decide race positions and those postions should stand. Bright, besnard and skaife would not have been leading if the safety car had have come out in the right place.
Yes, but Murphy would not have won Bathurst without the safety car either.
Old 20 Nov 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1159178)   #10
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's getting a little too esorteric (?sp) even for me.

Safety cars stuff things up. Because if YOU were the person responsible for deploying them what criteria would you use.

YOU like ME would play it safe and get someone out there for a mouse on the track.
Old 20 Nov 2004, 23:38 (Ref:1159569)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Sunday Telegraph
Page 56
Full Page Ad
"We Know The Way To Victory"

A full page ad, centre of frame a shot of the #23 WPS BA, with "We Know The Way" on the windscreen...

Lists the branch offices and contact details of the enterprise.

Seems someone may have the view they have won the race in Tassie huh...
Old 21 Nov 2004, 00:04 (Ref:1159587)   #12
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Harves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah and DJ would have won Bathurst if he didn't hit that rock....blah blah blah.
Old 21 Nov 2004, 00:26 (Ref:1159594)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From RaceNews:

CAMS
Nov 21 2004
CAMS V8 SUPERCAR STEWARDS DECLARE BESNARD WINNER AT SYMMONS PLAINS

CAMS V8 Supercar Stewards today released their findings over the running of Race 3 at Symmons Plains, Tasmania on 14 November 2004, declaring David Besnard the winner, followed by Jason Bright and Mark Skaife.

The Stewards determined that race officials were in fact correct in their assessment of the situation in the first instance, but after considerable pressure from numerous sources in pit lane, they corrected the "perceived error" which resulted in the wrong driver receiving the chequered flag at the conclusion of Race 3.

A Safety Car deployment after Paul Weel's crash started the chain of events leading to the doubt over the result of Race 3.

Race Director Tim Schenken deployed the Safety Car immediately after Weel's crash. Under normal circumstances, the Safety Car waits for the race leader before entering the circuit however Schenken believed that the circumstances of the Weel crash demanded that whole field needed to be slowed and controlled immediately. In this instance, the safety Car picked up the first possible car on the race track, car #51, Greg Murphy. While unusual, this type of Safety Car deployment is in compliance with the rules.

At the time that the Safety Car was deployed, there were four cars running in front of Murphy that had not completed their compulsory pit stop. Murphy and the rest of the field had completed their stops already.

The four cars (#50, Jason Bright, #23, David Besnard, #2, Mark Skaife, and #75, Anthony Tratt) made their stop and exited the pits before the Safety Car completed a lap of the circuit and reached pit lane, thus gaining a lap over the rest of the field in accordance with the rules.

Schenken instructed the Safety Car to wave other cars through and pick up the leader of the group of four, the actual race leader, David Besnard. It was at this time that the majority of teams in pit lane objected.

As a result of the objections, senior officials experienced doubts over the accuracy of the timing information and took steps to adjust what appeared to be a timing anomaly based on what teams were saying.

The stewards' investigation has since shown that the timing information was correct and that David Besnard was the race leader during the Safety Car period.

The results were established by the Stewards at the conclusion of lap 41 in accordance with the FIA procedures thus awarding car #23, David Besnard, the victory.

The CAMS Stewards made their findings after reviewing detailed timing printouts, Network 10 footage and in-car footage to ascertain what occurred at the time of the deployment of the Safety Car in Race 3 following the crash of Paul Weel.
Old 21 Nov 2004, 00:28 (Ref:1159596)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Anyone notice it doesnt list the new order and points?

NATSOFT too is yet to be updated
Old 21 Nov 2004, 01:53 (Ref:1159645)   #15
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 3 decision............

from www.cams.com.au

CAMS V8 Supercar Stewards declare Besnard winner at Symmons Plains
CAMS Press Release
21 Nov 2004

CAMS V8 Supercar Stewards today released their findings over the running of Race 3 at Symmons Plains, Tasmania on 14 November 2004, declaring David Besnard the winner, followed by Jason Bright and Mark Skaife.

The Stewards determined that race officials were in fact correct in their assessment of the situation in the first instance, but after considerable pressure from numerous sources in pit lane, they corrected the “perceived error” which resulted in the wrong driver receiving the chequered flag at the conclusion of Race 3.

A Safety Car deployment after Paul Weel’s crash started the chain of events leading to the doubt over the result of Race 3.

Race Director Tim Schenken deployed the Safety Car immediately after Weel’s crash. Under normal circumstances, the Safety Car waits for the race leader before entering the circuit however Schenken believed that the circumstances of the Weel crash demanded that whole field needed to be slowed and controlled immediately. In this instance, the safety Car picked up the first possible car on the race track, car #51, Greg Murphy. While unusual, this type of Safety Car deployment is in compliance with the rules.

At the time that the Safety Car was deployed, there were four cars running in front of Murphy that had not completed their compulsory pit stop. Murphy and the rest of the field had completed their stops already.

The four cars (#50, Jason Bright, #23, David Besnard, #2, Mark Skaife, and #75, Anthony Tratt) made their stop and exited the pits before the Safety Car completed a lap of the circuit and reached pit lane, thus gaining a lap over the rest of the field in accordance with the rules.

Schenken instructed the Safety Car to wave other cars through and pick up the leader of the group of four, the actual race leader, David Besnard. It was at this time that the majority of teams in pit lane objected.

As a result of the objections, senior officials experienced doubts over the accuracy of the timing information and took steps to adjust what appeared to be a timing anomaly based on what teams were saying.

The stewards’ investigation has since shown that the timing information was correct and that David Besnard was the race leader during the Safety Car period.

The results were established by the Stewards at the conclusion of lap 41 in accordance with the FIA procedures thus awarding car #23, David Besnard, the victory.

The CAMS Stewards made their findings after reviewing detailed timing printouts, Network 10 footage and in-car footage to ascertain what occurred at the time of the deployment of the Safety Car in Race 3 following the crash of Paul Weel.

--

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 21 Nov 2004, 02:02 (Ref:1159650)   #16
Bruce Moxon
Racer

Bruce Moxon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might I suggest we keep the "if onlys" for the pub? "The moving finger writes, and having writ, moves on". Let's also move on.

There may or may not have been a number of mistakes. The less mistakes the better. If this mistake-cancelling means Besnard wins, let it be. I've built a bridge, so let's all use it to get over it.

Bruce Moxon
Old 21 Nov 2004, 02:25 (Ref:1159665)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If Mr Bright or Mr Murphy should defy conventional logic and win the 2004 series, this little barrel of fun shall live in infamy....
Old 21 Nov 2004, 03:01 (Ref:1159682)   #18
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a very satisfying way of winning a race. IMO Besnard wouldnt have held out the cars behind him, he was showing some pace but not enough IMHO.
But congrats to Bezzy for being awarded the win.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 21 Nov 2004, 06:06 (Ref:1159717)   #19
brendan24688
Racer

brendan24688 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does that mean that rusty still takes the round win??
Old 21 Nov 2004, 06:08 (Ref:1159718)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
v8 site has been updated with new scores

rusty still wins then murph and richo, this was due to bright and besnard finishing around 20th in race 2 and skaife dNF race 1 and 2. So they do not get enough points to catch up.
Old 21 Nov 2004, 06:56 (Ref:1159722)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I am wondering though why the Seriously mob spoke to every driver and his dog except the new race winner :confused:
Old 21 Nov 2004, 07:03 (Ref:1159724)   #22
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well they were all in the same place. Perhaps the new race winner wasn't there.

Could it be assumed they were being interviewed after the latest Superstars recording? (I don't know when it was due to be done) Rusty, Skaifey, Murf and Brad Jones are all regulars...
Old 21 Nov 2004, 07:03 (Ref:1159725)   #23
abr944
Racer

abr944 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a win is a win....won't be the first time...won't be the last....good luck to him!!
Old 21 Nov 2004, 07:07 (Ref:1159726)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New race results Here

New round point score Here

New series point score Here
Old 21 Nov 2004, 07:35 (Ref:1159735)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
can i just say that anthony tratt has been screwed in this scenario and deserves 4th place.

He was not waved through when the other 3 where because he had been passed. and now he is credited as a lap down