Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Nov 2004, 11:57 (Ref:1159162)   #1
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have Renegade got any plans?

Have Renegade said anything regarding their 2005 plans? Haslam has gone (to GSE Ducati in BSB), and Haga has been linked to Yamaha, so they may need 2 new riders. Also, running private Ducatis may be less competitive next year, so they might have to consider other options, perhaps a Honda Fireblade deal? Also, how are they doing for funding for next year?
Old 20 Nov 2004, 17:43 (Ref:1159322)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doh - thats who are running Ducati's nxt year... Any idea if they will be F05's or year old machines anyone?
Old 21 Nov 2004, 14:49 (Ref:1159970)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good point Boots, no info regarding Renegade next year is there! Presumre they will stay in WSB with Ducati's as Griff has good links with Corse. But then again the same was true for Birdy til the 999 became a dog on Dunlops!
Who could he get, mayvbe Chili,Bussei? What is Lanzi doing next year?
You would think he woulod like a Brit aboard aswell wouldn't you.
Who has Mason signed for? Or Plater
Old 21 Nov 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1159984)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Mason is likely to be with MonsterMob, from what I've heard, and Plater has been linked with Sendo's Kaeasaki (both in BSB). Neither of those guys would be good enough for the international scene in my view.

Chili could be ideal for everyone, as he wants to carry on with a Ducati. If Mark Griffiths wants a British rider, he should give Shaky a call, assuming that he can afford to run him. Chris Burns or Jeremy McWilliams are other good options.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1160582)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
do you british fans rate karl harris or james ellison - seems they have nothing to prove in the uk....
Old 22 Nov 2004, 09:54 (Ref:1160591)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
They're both very promising riders, and I'm looking forward to seeing James in MotoGP with WCM, and Karl in BSB with Honda.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 10:12 (Ref:1160610)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is karl still in supersport or has he gone up to superbikes
Old 22 Nov 2004, 17:25 (Ref:1160991)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
KArl is going up to superbike with the sort of e=semi factory bike, Kiyo and Rutter are on the HRC machiens I think. This also raises the point about Birdy and the oter Honda teams. They can't be runing pukka HRC kit, maybe Ten Kate bikes, there was a test in Racer this month of a 201 bhp CBR road bike, bloody awesome.
As for Ellison, think he should have tried to get a better ride in BSB, that Blata thing all looks a bit daft to me!
Old 24 Nov 2004, 07:10 (Ref:1162483)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
will be interesting to see if blata last the season....
Old 24 Nov 2004, 10:00 (Ref:1162589)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
I certainly hope they do - it'd be a shame if private teams can't succeed in MotoGP anymore. Still, I'm sure Ellison views this ride as a stepping stone to getting noticed by another team.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1163003)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Is it true that Blata have onlymade minimoto bikes up to now?
Read in MCN Sport that it loks like they are doin GP purely as an exercise in PR and not too much else to get noticed i suppose. WCM won't mind I guess as the engines will be aid for.
Wouldnt be interesting to know how quik that R1 based bike was on the best Michelintyres and someone like Biaggi setting it up for a week, wonder how close they would get?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 12:45 (Ref:1163758)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bringing this back onto topic, I'd say Chili and Byrne is the best available lineup for Renegade, assumignt hat haga is mvoing on. It is a little worrying that so little has been heard from Renegade, DFX or NCR about their 2005 plans - although I'm chuffed to see the manufatcurers return, I hope it's not at the expense of the rpviate teams who kept the series alive and provided so many thrills in 2003/4
Old 26 Nov 2004, 09:40 (Ref:1164653)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
It is a little worrying that so little has been heard from Renegade, DFX or NCR about their 2005 plans
Lorenzo Lanzi is riding for NCR in Superbikes, with Gianluca Nannelli riding a 749R is World Supersport for them.

I read in Australian Motorcycle News that DFX were looking at running Yamaha's rather than Ducati in 2005. Marco Borciani as far as i know has signed with them for next year.

Old 26 Nov 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1164847)   #14
N I Tram
Veteran

How come Nannelli is being moved down? He did really well last year, and I don't know much about Lanzi. As for DFX, it ould be nice to see more Yamahas on track, but they might need a better rider than Borciani to be competitive.
Old 26 Nov 2004, 23:06 (Ref:1165262)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
lorenzo lanzi came 5th for ducati in 04 world supersport. he came 2nd in 03 euro superstock

superbikes, should be an interesting learning year for him
Old 27 Nov 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1165628)   #16
N I Tram
Veteran

How much backing are NCR getting from Ducati for next year then? Lanzi was being linked to the GSE 'factory' BSB Ducati entry, so I imagine he's been placed here as one of their boys, so to speak.
Old 27 Nov 2004, 21:14 (Ref:1165827)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
NCR are maybe not as big as they were coz I think I am right in saying that they lost their big sponspr Xerox t the factory team.
Lanzi is very hot property but is not riding for GSE, imagine he will end up maybe at Renegade or NCR, along with Nannelli who is also very highly rated. By certain people I might add!
Old 2 Dec 2004, 12:20 (Ref:1169761)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
According to this link - http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_vie...&nid=103295

(Which Saleen posted in the main Silly Season thread, so thanks to him)

Bostrom and Chili are strong candidates for 2005, two South African guys are in contention, they are choosing between Ducatis and Hondas depending on who they run, and they claim to have first refusal on Haga. Generally positive stuff
Old 6 Dec 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1172043)   #19
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...

i hope ben does comeback to wsb - although his 2004 season in ama was pretty ordinary....
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:27 (Ref:1173364)   #20
N I Tram
Veteran

Can anyone name any South African riders worth hiring? Or do Renegade simply have a big sponsor from that part of the world on offer?