Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Nov 2004, 15:52 (Ref:1162856)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Huffy to Chevrolet!?!?! - rumour

one of the other admins at SEATCupra.net gets Autosport first view and a small snippet this week says that Huffy maybe going to Chevrolet next season and not staying with SEAT!! Both Huffy and RML have refused to comment.

If SEAT are serious about a championship challenge, then they need 3 cars really.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/show...315#post477315

Last edited by andy_b; 24 Nov 2004 at 15:52.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 16:04 (Ref:1162868)   #2
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Seat need 3 cars but does one of them have to be driven by Rob? I know that he did really well in his first year and had wins etc but there are quite a few other drivers out there who could do the job just as well. Perhaps it easier for Rob to get sponsership or a deal with WTCC rather than the BTCC. We will have to wait and see.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1162885)   #3
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
yes, and Rob had 1 year contract. In an interview on the SCN website, Scott Dennis said that he wanted Rob for another year,,,bu things change quickly in Motorsport, normally these things are budget related too
Old 24 Nov 2004, 20:50 (Ref:1163163)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or perhaps Chevy can pay him more..

At first the rumour was he'd be joining SEAT's WTCC team, but the Chevy rumour seems really obvious since it's RML who is behind it all.

SEAT will need 3 cars next year no doubt about it, and from reading motorsportforums it could be a big name..
Old 24 Nov 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1163201)   #5
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just wonder if Huffy has enough experience under his belt for the WTCC. Maybe another 12 months in the BTCC would do him good - maybe help him with his racecraft. He isn't, to me at least, an obvious choice for the WTCC. Wonder if this move will actually come off?
Old 24 Nov 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1163213)   #6
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but he is thinking of moving forward and he obviously wants to get places, and IF this is true it seems logical to go to WTCC but 1-2 more years in BTCC get a name for himself and then join, but at the end of the day its upto him.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1163229)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That would be a great move for Rob, if it happens.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 22:30 (Ref:1163282)   #8
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great move for Rob, amazing to think he was only in Clios after winning a scholarship in 2002. It'll be a sad loss to the BTCC though, we had someone special.

As for whether he needs more experience. He seems to be able to jump in to just about anything and get results
Old 24 Nov 2004, 23:02 (Ref:1163302)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andy Priaulx had one season in the BTCC having come from single-seaters, went to the ETCC, and only took 2 years tobecome champion. I doubt next year's grid will be much improved from the ETCC fields.

It'd be a great drive for Rob to get - really well-backed and probably competitive. Out of interest, which big names are being linked to SEAT? Radisich? Rydell? Reid?
Old 24 Nov 2004, 23:24 (Ref:1163330)   #10
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd call Rydell
Old 24 Nov 2004, 23:34 (Ref:1163336)   #11
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With all these announcements regarding the WTCC, who's racing in the BTCC? Is there also a 2005 rumor/fact entry list for the BTCC??
Old 25 Nov 2004, 00:33 (Ref:1163383)   #12
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rydell will stay with SEAT in WTCC.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 06:35 (Ref:1163479)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want him to stay with the BTCC - why split up a winning formula? The pairing of Jason and Rob worked very successfully this year and could go on even better this year (though the reverse grid in race 3 will have a big impact).

But if he goes to WTCC with RML or Seat or elsewhere then the best of luck to him - he deserves it.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 18:27 (Ref:1164169)   #14
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Les
I want him to stay with the BTCC - why split up a winning formula? The pairing of Jason and Rob worked very successfully this year and could go on even better this year
Because (a) the SCC prize was clearly stated as one year works drive and (b) this year's SCC champ (Pickford) has the drive for next year under the same rules. So SEAT can either fund a 3rd car or get Huffy to bring some sponsorship, or try to place him in their WTCC team or let him go.....
Old 25 Nov 2004, 21:20 (Ref:1164310)   #15
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's a wild suggestion for a possible 3rd BTCC SEAT, er seat! - one Mr Frank Biela. I note he isn't part of Audi's 2005 DTM driver line up according to the press release from Alan McNish annoucning his DTM drive...
Old 25 Nov 2004, 23:30 (Ref:1164434)   #16
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
Here's a wild suggestion for a possible 3rd BTCC SEAT, er seat! - one Mr Frank Biela. I note he isn't part of Audi's 2005 DTM driver line up according to the press release from Alan McNish annoucning his DTM drive...
This is pure guess work! Biela is confirmed to drive in endurance racing, a R8 ran by Champion Racing (ALMS) or Audi France (LMES).

[Accept my apologies for editing instead of quoting your thread - sorry. tl]

Last edited by touringlegend; 26 Nov 2004 at 18:04.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 23:42 (Ref:1164442)   #17
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it won't be Radisich either cos he was confirmed in the Aussie V8's. I know he'd been linked with a couple of possible seats in the BTCC.
Old 26 Nov 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1164839)   #18
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rydell seems like the most likely choice. Has Smokin' Jo Winkelhock retired fully - they might want to tempt him. Or how about Paul O'Neill or David Leslie?
Old 26 Nov 2004, 16:23 (Ref:1164968)   #19
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to lmsr.net Nicola Larini has signed for Chevrolet. No source is mentioned.
Old 26 Nov 2004, 16:47 (Ref:1164981)   #20
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its on crash.net too with a quote stating that they would like to offer the third and final seat to a young driver, with some initial experience of front wheel drive race cars - that would be Huffy then!
Old 26 Nov 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1165011)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would also be a hundred other names - just among the British guys it could be Pyper, Breeze, Boardman, Bentwood, Hines and any number of others.
Old 26 Nov 2004, 17:23 (Ref:1165016)   #22
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No offence to any of them but they are not ready for the World champs other than maybe Pyper in that list
Old 26 Nov 2004, 18:06 (Ref:1165047)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally posted by gwyllion
This is pure guess work! Biela is confirmed to drive in endurance racing, a R8 ran by Champion Racing (ALMS) or Audi France (LMES).

[Accept my apologies for editing instead of quoting your thread - sorry. tl]

Typically, I found that out soon after posting the above! That's my stab in the dark out the window then.