Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Jan 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1192090)   #1
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Koenigsegg CCR?

It has been reported in Autosport that the Swedish supercar Koenigsegg CCR will compete in FIA GT in 2006, if not 2005 by its Australian sporting arm.

Do you think this car will be good for FIA GT or not?

The car looks expensive to me and seems it will raise the costs higher.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1192105)   #2
ScuderiaV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
ScuderiaV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car as it stands would not be eligible for FIA GT, as the maximum engine capacity for supercharged engines is 4.0 litres and the CCR has a 4.7 supercharged V8.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1192230)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...the reduction in capacity then would make it completely uncompetitive? if so, not really worth them bothering... the autosport piccy looked quite nice, but i've seen better looking cars. still, nice to have some cars from scandinavia area. is the australian arm a different named company or just some closely related racing team (like potential works team) trying to get to FIA GT or something?
Old 3 Jan 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1192328)   #4
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=TheNewBob... is the australian arm a different named company or just some closely related racing team (like potential works team) trying to get to FIA GT or something?[/QUOTE]

The Australian team, I believe, is Galleria Veloce

I don't really see the Australian connection ammounting to much (but then Coopers did rather well didn't they?)

Does the engine size limit apply to the "non homologated" cars that Stephane is trying to encourage? See this article at Mosler

I've started a new section for these cars on my GT Page, what else is eligible under this rule? Any ideas?

Last edited by mariantic; 3 Jan 2005 at 18:27.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1192412)   #5
Edmonton
Racer

Edmonton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaV8
The car as it stands would not be eligible for FIA GT, as the maximum engine capacity for supercharged engines is 4.0 litres and the CCR has a 4.7 supercharged V8.
The are allowed to run it as a 4.7 without the supercharger.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1192512)   #6
ScuderiaV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
ScuderiaV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonton
The are allowed to run it as a 4.7 without the supercharger.
I understand that, hence why I wrote "as it stands". Changing the engine would require significant re-engineering of the engine bay.
I didn't realise the FIA were inviting cars not categorised in GT1 and GT2, so maybe that would allow a Koenigsegg to compete, but to my mind such supercars do not comply with the spirit of the regulations.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1192532)   #7
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pic in Autosport looked good. Would be nice to see another car in the series.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 23:06 (Ref:1192541)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
For my money, the Koenigsegg very much does comply with the spirit of the rules; it's a road car, which they're proposing to adapt for the race-track, rather than the opposite.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1192572)   #9
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It won't make a good race car anyway by the time they make it comply. About the only thing going for it as a road car is the magnificent leather work inside and 800hp.

As for racing down under, first it has to find somewhere to race as GT was dealt a virtual death blow down here last year when PROCAR went under. This was also the main reason for the Coopers Maranello to go OS. Anyway, one of the big contributing factors to a serious drop in competitor support for PROCAR was the introduction of the 7L Monaro. Another car that didn't keep in the spirit of the rules..............
Old 5 Jan 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1193965)   #10
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i can't remember which version of the Monaro did a pretty average job in British GT but i doubt it was 7 litres! I know little or nothing about PROCAR, is it something rivalling a national GT championship, or something like FIA GT, or was it like ALMS and LMES with any prototypes too? And did anything even remotely like the koenigsegg cars race there?
Old 5 Jan 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1194015)   #11
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was meant to be the Aust. GT Championship in a sort of Brit GT/FIA GT mould. Check out www.procar.com.au if it's still there. Their was a couple of ex-ALMS cars running at one stage.

And the brit car was a 5.7L (as is the Pontiac variant in the US GT Speed Challenge) I think not a 7L like they ran down here.

Last edited by Chucky; 5 Jan 2005 at 21:40.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 00:43 (Ref:1194176)   #12
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Australian team intends on racing it in the FIA GT championship.

It's all pending deals falling into place at the moment, and it doesn't appear that it will be ready for the first round.