Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 Feb 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1225276)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grand Prix - The Movie - 18th February

Just a heads up for those who can get TCM (Turner Classic Movies) that Grand Prix is being shown at 15.45 this Friday (18th February). I hope to finally replace my 20 year old VHS copy with a DVD recording!
Old 14 Feb 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1225280)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh and by the way, if you're so inclined (as I am), the classic Forbidden Planet is on the same night at 19.10......
Old 14 Feb 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1225281)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I found my VHS recording of Grand Prix yesterday while doing a bit of a tidy up.
Shame I don't have a working VCR anymore
Old 14 Feb 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1225392)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Its quite funny, because I went to transfer my VHS copy to DVD the other day - only to find I'd set it for 2 hours and the video runs for about 2 hours and 5 minutes.........
Old 14 Feb 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1225559)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When will the produce a proper remastered DVD of it. With load of extras.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1225682)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's been a lot of talk about it, hasn't there. I believe Mrs. Frankenheimer still has the rights to it.

Interestingly, on another tack, having just lovingly created a DVD of the "Team McLaren" series from 1993, I see some guy on EBay has done the same - he's selling them for £20 a throw though........
Old 16 Feb 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1227290)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Its quite funny, because I went to transfer my VHS copy to DVD the other day - only to find I'd set it for 2 hours and the video runs for about 2 hours and 5 minutes.........
Just checked mine and it lasts 2hrs 43m. So anyone not home by 15.45 should set their VCR or DVD for at least 3hrs 15m to allow for the ad breaks! If you want Forbidden Planet as well you need 5hrs 15m.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1227655)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My 1985 VHS copy was taped from the Beeb - so no ads!

Of course, the beauty of DVD is that you can strip the ads out later........
Old 16 Feb 2005, 22:52 (Ref:1227718)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can get TCM, but I'm not really sure whether or not it shows the same stuff as in England...
Old 16 Feb 2005, 23:28 (Ref:1227742)   #10
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
agwiii should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
When will the produce a proper remastered DVD of it. With load of extras.
Adam:

The Turner Classic Movies site has some interesting information about the movie and Frankenheimer.

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/T...|21740,00.html

There is a DVD on the making of Grand Prix, but it's not much.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1227744)   #11
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i still think stoddard deserved that years title way more than aron did.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 07:56 (Ref:1227933)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
in europe i think it's on 24th of February.. 21:00 .. not sure what time zone

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Feb 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1227942)   #13
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On that link it says its on satturday at 12.30am? Think I will go check my sky planner, what better way to end a weeks work, home from work and into the pub for a lunchtime pint then settle down for a nice bit of real race nostalgia. If its saturday then I'm at football. However they do seem to have it on every six months or so.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1227948)   #14
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course that was the septics site... doh!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1227949)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmmm. It does say Saturday, doesn't it - yet the original schedule I printed definitely said Friday afternoon. But is that because you're looking at the American version of TCM?
Old 17 Feb 2005, 08:21 (Ref:1227950)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
This is ours (in the UK), I believe - still showing Friday.

Grand Prix
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1228079)   #17
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Of course that was the septics site... doh!
Yes twas my mistake, as I soon realised it was the Yankees schedule not ours.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1228742)   #18
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
agwiii should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Hmmm. It does say Saturday, doesn't it - yet the original schedule I printed definitely said Friday afternoon. But is that because you're looking at the American version of TCM?
On the bottom of the page at www.TurnerClassicMovies.com are links to four regional sites. One for the UK, one for Spain, one for France, and one for Latin America.

Sorry if my original link was confusing, but Tivo to the rescue!