Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 6 Mar 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1244801)   #1
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gregg wins at Homstead

Great race by Travis Gregg, CONGRATS!!!!

Hope he will win more races this year!!!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1244903)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is in the MIPS.

Well done to him - but a dissapointingly small field again.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1245769)   #3
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Hey I'mn really dissapointed in all you IndyCar fans, here is a GREAT driver who just TOTALLY DOMINATED the whole MIPS race/weekend at Homestead, and yet this thread only gets one reply??????

WAUW you guys are really evcited, at least you could show some support for the MIPS and here is a young up and coming US driver who has a huge amount of talent and could be the next big thing, but you just don't care.....

Here's a quiz:

Name the driver who comes rom Ohio, and whose family owns a trucking company....

Nope it isn't Sam Hornish Jr.

.....It's Travis Gregg, pretty interesting or what???
Old 8 Mar 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1246233)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Settle down Snips, we all like MIPS and support the drivers in it.

I have been especially vocal about my thoughts that more MIPS drivers should be getting a shot at the IRL, instead of some of the driver's we're seeing lately, that come from series that nobody here knows about or has seen. It's extremely important that young up and coming drivers see MIPS as a road to pro racing, or else they will continue to look elsewhere, like NASCAR. There should be a way to guarantee that the MIPS champion gets a test ride for the IRL, or some kind of special consideration from IRL teams. These guys are paying there dues to be IndyCar drivers, and thats there dream. Better they get a shot than a pay driver that never heard of the IRL.

I was very happy to see Paul Dana get a full time ride this season in the IRL. Another MIPS guy I like is Phil Giebler, who I think is one of this countries best racers, and should be doing something, somewhere. I would like to see Jeff Simmons and Medierios get there shot to. And I think that wildman PJ Chesson and his brother could really bring some excitement here to. And yes, Travis Gregg would be nice!

Is that enough support?

Danica Patrick
Old 8 Mar 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1246234)   #5
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
This is in the MIPS.

Well done to him - but a dissapointingly small field again.
By the way, why was it such a small field, when the IRL web-site lists 24 cars and drivers on the IPS roster?

That makes me believe that the field will grow as the season progresses, which certainly would be good.

Danica Patrick
Old 8 Mar 2005, 07:11 (Ref:1246362)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Racer
By the way, why was it such a small field, when the IRL web-site lists 24 cars and drivers on the IPS roster?

That makes me believe that the field will grow as the season progresses, which certainly would be good.
Yep.

I saw that - but only 12 ran at this race, which was disappointing.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1246457)   #7
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Yeah 12 cars are not very much, I had hoped for 14-15, but Mayer had the flu and withdraw and the AFS cars are gone I hear....

Anyway, at least the talent of quality of the 12 drivers in this year's MIPS is very high I don't really see anyone who doesn't belong there so that's a good start, now Giebler, James Chesson, Arie Jr and USFF 2000 champ Bobby Wilson need to get a ride!!!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1246613)   #8
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can't learn anything about oval racing from a 12-car field. In the IRL there are always lapped cars and slower cars on a different strategy to deal with, and MIPS lacks that. I feel that the lack fo quality ladder championships is one of the biggest problems facing both US OW championships, and I think GP Racer's idea of offering guaranteed tests or partial sponsorship to the championship's winner is a good one, although I'd go further and also offer funding for guys looking to get INTO MIPS - this is the point where a lot of potential superstars opt for the NASCAR route.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1247003)   #9
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
16 cars were supposed to race at Homestead but Mayer was ill and AFS decided at the last minute to stay home. AFs is supposed to be in Phoenix with Gary Peterson and Arie Jr. doing the driving. Arie Jr. was in Holland attending his grandfathers (Jaap, Arie Sr's father) funeral.
Travis Gregg ran a good race and did exactly what his team told him to do, stay out front and run the low groove and make other cars run the higher groove and heat their tires up.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1247555)   #10
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
It would be nice to see more than 12 cars at Phoenix