Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2005, 07:18 (Ref:1258631)   #1
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
2005 so far....

This year it is plainly obvious that the cream is rising to the top. The great drivers are being sorted from the good. Various team changes (most to 'inferior' machinery) have given drivers a new lease on life. Trulli, Ralf, DC, Fisi, Heidfeld, all look like new men and are performing brilliantly so far, while Webber and Montoya are also enjoying their move to better teams. JV seems to be struggling, but he is a good driver, and we may see him in the points this year. Don't write him off yet.

So far both Ferrari's have been disappointing. Not the drivers, they do not need to prove a thing. Rubens slightly has the edge on Michael, but Michael struggled like this in 03 so I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Sato and Button have been slow. Button especially. Look, if you can't stand the team, get out and give someone who wants to be there the chance. And STOP whinging!!!

Kimi, Massa, Alonso have all been as good as I expect them to.

Of the rookies, Karthikeyen has been consistent and looks like he is settling well. Monteiro, Albers have been outclassed so far while Freisacher has been good.

But my award after round 2 for most improved driver goes to...

Christian Klien. It would be a farce if he gets booted for Liuzzi. He can wait another year. You can't sack a guy for scoring points and being as quick as the most successful Brit in F1 history
Old 23 Mar 2005, 04:03 (Ref:1259425)   #2
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Your thoughts...?
Old 23 Mar 2005, 04:25 (Ref:1259432)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Far to early to say mate. I normally go at least 4 races before making more embarrassing predictions than the ones I made pre-season.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1259922)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The sheer number of potentially victorious teams this year excites me, and I can't remember there being this many contenders for years.

Montoya seems to be quietly getting on with bagging some decent points.

Quote:
Sato and Button have been slow. Button especially. Look, if you can't stand the team, get out and give someone who wants to be there the chance. And STOP whinging!!!
Hmm, not really sure that he's whinging. From what I gathered he was asked about his race by a journalist not long after his car expired. Do you expect a different reaction from a driver who is eager to bag that first win this year and yet has an under-performing car?

I agree about Klien. He looked pretty good last year, and looks yet better this year. He didn't arrive in F1 with a big fanfare, but he looks to be a solid driver. Still extremely young as well. Born in 1983, a few months before me..won't be long before the first F1 driver younger than myself arrives on the scene
Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1259929)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2005 has the potential to be ones of the best seasons we've had for many seasons.
I feel this years grid, has a lot of talent, most of the drivers have worthy drives, and there's some good rookies.
There's an encredible 19 rounds! With world class circuits and and a new race at Instanbul, which has the potential to be a very good event.
Also the field looks very competitive, especially as we've only had two rounds yet.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1259935)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Born in 1983, a few months before me..won't be long before the first F1 driver younger than myself arrives on the scene

I know how that feels!

When I started watching F1 all the drivers were much older than me, then over the years they got nearer - until they started getting younger!

Now, Raikkonen, Alonso, Button, Massa, Klien, Albers and Friesacher are all younger than me.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1259953)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Now, Raikkonen, Alonso, Button, Massa, Klien, Albers and Friesacher are all younger than me.
Not to mention Sid Watkins and Bernie Ecclestone....

Last edited by ralf fan; 23 Mar 2005 at 17:27.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1259976)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would you like to keep your points in the predictions competition, ralf fan
Old 23 Mar 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1260072)   #9
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Er, as far as mentioning age and drivers I will only say that I remember Martin Brundle racing around Snett with his father and brother in a Toyota Celica.....and Jonathan Palmer driving a Capri in the 24 hour race there....

Anyway - back to the topic, has the makings of great season which I am pleased and excited about. After the pretty close 2003 season we expected much of 2004 and Ferrari bowled up and took everyone to the cleaners.

I would love to see MS in a competitive Ferrari with the right tyres, Alonso, Kimi, Webber, Fizzi and the McLaren pair really fight it out for race wins - could be a classic year and we are lucky enough to be in the 'pound seats', as James Allen would say.

Sit back, enjoy and savour is my motto.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1260095)   #10
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85

What a strange comment. Buttons been quicker than Sato and set one of the fastest laps in Austraila but you say that he's slower?

(and if your FRESH engine gave out 3 laps into a race then I wouldn't be suprised if you were complaining too)
Old 23 Mar 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1260111)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
JB was also moving up the field fast and certainly looked good for a podium until his engine let go.Slow! No way.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1260141)   #12
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
If Renault goes on well, Ferrari recovers with its 2005 car and Mac put together the potential of the car we can see a classic season. Last time I remember a multi-team fight for wins on merit was when Prost (McLaren), Piquet and Mansell (Williams) and Senna (Lotus) raced battling along the season (Lol, a lot of time ago!)
Old 24 Mar 2005, 01:13 (Ref:1260324)   #13
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Would you like to keep your points in the predictions competition, ralf fan
Coooooo..... Ralfie - this guy's getting serious!
Old 24 Mar 2005, 06:28 (Ref:1260450)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

mwah ha ha ha ha
Old 24 Mar 2005, 08:02 (Ref:1260490)   #15
im8457
Rookie

im8457 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping RBR can keep doing well but there have been some worries about them not developing the car as fast as others during the season!
Old 24 Mar 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1260567)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
Last time I remember a multi-team fight for wins on merit was when Prost (McLaren), Piquet and Mansell (Williams) and Senna (Lotus) raced battling along the season (Lol, a lot of time ago!)
Well there was 2003. Three drivers/manufacturers in with a chance near the end of the year. 1999 was similar too, with Frentzen in there too.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1260602)   #17
ausracefan
Rookie

Australia
Frankston
ausracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we are in for a very close season, at the moment i cant make any clear guesses, open the thread up after a few more races and i will proboably have a clearer idea, two races is just to early to call a winner
Old 24 Mar 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1260721)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5 different teams won in 2003, although Fisichella's win for Jordan was more by luck than judgment. Maybe we'll hve 5 teams winning again this year, and hopefully a multi-driver fight at the last race. It's difficult to make definite lasting impressions of who will be fast for the balance of the season, and which teams will ahve the best reliability and consistancy, but Renault are clearly the early benchmark.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1262135)   #19
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think all this is a moo point until we see the new Ferrari. For all we know they could win 16 races this season.

(Moo point - A Cow's opinion - It doesn't matter)
Old 26 Mar 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1262138)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Faced Boy
I think all this is a moo point until we see the new Ferrari. For all we know they could win 16 races this season.

(Moo point - A Cow's opinion - It doesn't matter)
16 races! That's just a dog faced lie.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1262140)   #21
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
I never lie - I can see it in my shiny crystal Dog Face Balls
Old 26 Mar 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1262223)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Who will win the 19th race then?
Old 26 Mar 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1262243)   #23
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England

Narian Karthikeyan in a monsoon hit Brazilian Grand Prix.

Last edited by Dog Faced Boy; 26 Mar 2005 at 11:59.
Old 27 Mar 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1262855)   #24
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
2005 Championship Standing

Renault
Williams
Mclaren
Ferrari
BAR
Toyota
Red Bul
Sauber
Jordan
Minardil
Old 27 Mar 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1262954)   #25
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I understand everybody's enthusiasm.

But as a fore-warning, look at the past two races. It isnt different to what we have last year, except that the car leading is blue instead of red.

There is still no fight for the race lead.