Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Feb 2001, 04:16 (Ref:63349)   #1
TheDevil
Rookie

TheDevil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Rubens is whinging again, this time because he will not get to drive the 2001 ferrari until July. Man, i am getting sick of this guy! He is lucky to be driving a ferrari at all considering his lack of talent compared to other drivers!

Between him and DC, i hope while they are here in Australia they stand in Albert park when they speak.......The grass really needs the fertalizer!!!
Old 8 Feb 2001, 05:47 (Ref:63355)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Sorry, but I disagree. Rubens joined Ferrari thinking that he will be on equal terms with TGF - equal number one. He not only learnt that he wasn't, he now has been told by the boss of Ferrari that he isn't, and that the team is going to focus on TGF. I always thought it was a bonehead move for him to go to Ferrari, because he is being shafted and he has certain people tell him to shut up and enjoy it. Eddie had the same deal and now Rubens is the bunny. Why should he shut up when he is treated as an appendix to the team? Told to move over so TGF can win.
Old 8 Feb 2001, 09:44 (Ref:63367)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm sorry, but when was Rubens asked to move over for Michael to win......????

In case some people comes up with examples like in Canada 2000, where Rubens was told to stay behind...please remember it has always been a policy of Ferrari, as well as other teams like Mclaren, that should the drivers end up in 1-2 position...they stay put... Remember good o' Gilles Villeneuve??

Old 8 Feb 2001, 10:52 (Ref:63371)   #4
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't understand, TheDevil. Rubens is not going to drive the 2001 Ferrari 'til July? What's he going to drive until then? A hybrid 2000 car??? Nor could I find this at any newssite ...

Gt_R > They changed that tactic into adding extra pitstops. He was actually asked to move over at the start of the Austrian GP. With disastrous effect as TGF had a bad start ...
Old 8 Feb 2001, 15:26 (Ref:63416)   #5
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHH...its begun its begun!!!!!!!

THE 2001WDC is officially open!!!!!!!!!

Schumithewaytogohome...lol!!!!
Old 8 Feb 2001, 15:47 (Ref:63418)   #6
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

OK, OK..., Rubens, now you can see, and now you canĀ“t...

Old 8 Feb 2001, 21:26 (Ref:63483)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDevil
Rubens is whinging again, this time because he will not get to drive the 2001 ferrari until July.
Quote from AtlasF1: "Testing continues tomorrow with Rubens Barrichello making his debut at the wheel of the F2001."

Tsk tsk.
Old 8 Feb 2001, 21:36 (Ref:63485)   #8
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Why should he shut up when he is treated as an appendix to the team? Told to move over so TGF can win.
IMO, Rubens was completely naive to ever think that he would share equal number one status at Ferrari with TGF. He should, from what I can see, have known from the start that he was getting a rough deal, and never really an opportunity to win the championship. We all saw how Irvine was treated by Ferrari, and how he never had a look in when it came to the championship as long as TGF was around. Barrichello was being quite foolish (to put it mildly) if he thought that what he would get would be any better.
Old 8 Feb 2001, 23:13 (Ref:63523)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Make no mistake - Rubens will not be allowed to win any race if he was directly ahead of TGF or was in a position to challenge TGF. I am not saying this is a bad decision on Ferrari's part because that is what is needed to win the WDC again. DC is not going to move over again for MIka, and I can't see Ralf moving over for JPM, or vice versa. It's just that, as we all know, Rubens was very naive to announce that he expected to be on equal terms with TGF when he first joined Ferrari. Who knows what they told him during negotiations before he signed for them.
Old 9 Feb 2001, 01:51 (Ref:63557)   #10
TheDevil
Rookie

RB!

R,

There was an article in Autosport about it here in Australia! What i ment to post was that he will not be racing it until July!!

Old 9 Feb 2001, 12:51 (Ref:63601)   #11
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM does not need any favour from RS. YouĀ“ll see.
Old 9 Feb 2001, 14:22 (Ref:63603)   #12
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ralf's Girl wrote:
DC is not going to move over again for MIka, and I can't see Ralf moving over for JPM, or vice versa.
DC has very very rarely been in a position where that would even spring to mind (read: when Mika hadn't dropped out how many times was Mika behind DC? Seldom ...)
Same goes for Ralf being in front of Montoya ofcourse

Quote:
TheDevil wrote:
There was an article in Autosport about it here in Australia! What i ment to post was that he will not be racing it until July!!
Yeah right. Once again: what is Rubens going to drive then? A Dino 156 Sharknose?

Old 10 Feb 2001, 00:09 (Ref:63774)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Dino, it was me and not Ralf's Girl who you should have quoted, she is going to be mad at you!! The point I was making : DC has moved over twice to let Mika win, when DC was in a race winning position. The first incident in Melbourne upset DC greatly, the second was when Mika was called into the pits or came into the pits by mistake and DC got the lead; but this time DC made the decision himself when he found out about the mistake. OK. That was a gentlemanly thing to do, and I sincerely hope that Mika will repay the kindness one day. What I was trying to show was that neither McLaren nor Williams will have the same team modus operandi of directing all resources into a Number one driver and rely on the other driver to provide support for him, including blocking tactics like when Eddie was at Ferrari. We all know that Rubens was shafted last year and he only found out after the season started. So, I ask Satan again, why should Rubens shut up? Maybe The devil made him do it!!
Old 10 Feb 2001, 10:38 (Ref:63868)   #14
TheDevil
Rookie

Dino IV,

He is driving MS 2000 ferrari! Dont beleive me? wait and see!!!

Valve Bounce,
If RB didnt think there was going to be team orders when he signed for ferrari, then he is even more stupid than i thought!
Old 10 Feb 2001, 10:55 (Ref:63873)   #15
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only thing Ralfie will have cause to let pass will be -

The odd European, Minardi
The odd McLaren when it laps him.
He will of cause move over for TGW when he wants to lap him as well.

Have I ever mentioned how useless this fello is?

Saturday night, not much happening. Might as well get right in amongst it!
Old 10 Feb 2001, 14:59 (Ref:63927)   #16
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
DC has moved over twice to let Mika win, when DC was in a race winning position. The first incident in Melbourne upset DC greatly, the second was when Mika was called into the pits or came into the pits by mistake and DC got the lead; but this time DC made the decision himself when he found out about the mistake.
The first was at Jerez, season finale 97. Both DC and Jacques moved over to let Mika win, and DC was very upset to be ordered to move over for Mika. The second was in Melbourne, and DC was honouring an agreement he and Mika had made beforehand that the driver who made it to the first corner first would win the race if McLaren was in control.

Old 10 Feb 2001, 16:13 (Ref:63950)   #17
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
The only thing Ralfie will have cause to let pass will be -

The odd European, Minardi
The odd McLaren when it laps him.
He will of cause move over for TGW when he wants to lap him as well.

Have I ever mentioned how useless this fello is?
Have I missed something here? On a thread about Rubens Barrichello, somehow you have still managed to state your opinions about how useless you think Ralf is. Don't you ever tire of constantly criticising someone who has done a hell of a lot more than a lot of people could in less-than-fantastic cars? I know that I'm biased towards Ralf, but the amount of stick you give him is amazing.

Perhaps in future it would help if you'd stick to discussing the matter in hand, instead of using every possible moment to voice your totally irrelevant negative opinions about Ralf.
Old 10 Feb 2001, 19:00 (Ref:63999)   #18
Holly
Rookie

Holly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
Quote:
Why should he shut up when he is treated as an appendix to the team? Told to move over so TGF can win.
IMO, Rubens was completely naive to ever think that he would share equal number one status at Ferrari with TGF. He should, from what I can see, have known from the start that he was getting a rough deal, and never really an opportunity to win the championship. We all saw how Irvine was treated by Ferrari, and how he never had a look in when it came to the championship as long as TGF was around. Barrichello was being quite foolish (to put it mildly) if he thought that what he would get would be any better.
Sorry for my lack of unoriginality, but that's exactly what I was gonna say

Old 10 Feb 2001, 23:23 (Ref:64042)   #19
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Nevermind, Ralf's Girl, but earlier in this thread some comparisons between teammates were made to clearify Rubens' awkward position at Ferrari. Mika\DC were mentioned and Ralf\Juan for instance, that was where the remarks to both the McLaren and Williams drivers originated.

And as you mention Ralf as the driver who has done a hell of a lot more than a lot of people could in less-than-fantastic cars? I can't help to give that some stick as well. I'd rather rephrase that to: Ralf who has done a hell of a little nothing than a lot of people could in better-than-16-other cars ... ... as shown by a 20-year old rookie

Ach nevermind, back to you, Rubens ...

Old 10 Feb 2001, 23:26 (Ref:64045)   #20
Quino
Racer

Quino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The topic is about Rubens whining about not getting to drive the F2001 until July. And Im just not buying that.
Old 10 Feb 2001, 23:39 (Ref:64053)   #21
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Ralf's Girl, please go to the "who will be WDC" thread, and read my lips!! All the rest of you can weep!!
Old 11 Feb 2001, 00:27 (Ref:64063)   #22
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Originally posted by Ralf's Publicist - "I know that I'm biased towards Ralf, but the amount of stick you give him is amazing."

This is true I amaze myself at times as well. It is good to see true talent recognised where ever it appears

Old 11 Feb 2001, 03:39 (Ref:64096)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ferrari or TGF are so frightened of Rubens' talent that they will compel him to drive an old car just to be sure that he doesn't compete with TGF, then obviously they know something y'all don't know.
Old 11 Feb 2001, 06:07 (Ref:64110)   #24
Airhead
Veteran

"Have I missed something here? On a thread about Rubens Barrichello, somehow you have still managed to state your opinions about how useless you think Ralf is"

Sorry RG,

Your right, this is about Rubens who is the team mate of TGW, who just happens to be the brother of the biggest joke in F1.

I've heard that poor Ralfie is constipated - he passes things so infrequently!

Old 11 Feb 2001, 08:40 (Ref:64114)   #25
R
Veteran