Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Jun 2005, 08:59 (Ref:1318767)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Milwaukee Practice/Qualifying Thread * SPOILERS *

Figured since no one had started a thread yet, I might as well do it... Going to be a busy two days at Milwaukee, with practice and qualifying today and the race tomorrow.

TV Times - SATURDAY 1pm ET, live on CBS (07:00pm/19:00CET, live on Eurosport2 as well as SportExpressen, if you live in Sweden).

Practice gets underway at 11am ET, with the lone qualifying session set for 3:45pm ET.

I have a feeling we will see the usual suspects near the front both days, although who knows - perhaps Servia will be able to spoil the party?

There's a nice race preview posted on the Champ Car website, available here: http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...le.asp?ID=9059

EDIT: I just highlighted "Saturday", in case anybody forgot and tried tuning in a day too late...

Last edited by macdaddy; 3 Jun 2005 at 12:07.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 09:32 (Ref:1318790)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't belive it is Milwaukee already, what a relief after those month and a half long breaks.
I just hope the predticed storms for Saturday hold up.

Luke.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1318803)   #3
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
I can't belive it is Milwaukee already, what a relief after those month and a half long breaks.
Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
I just hope the predticed storms for Saturday hold up.
Ugh, there is rain predicted? I certainly hope it stays the heck away.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 09:55 (Ref:1318810)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Indeed

Ugh, there is rain predicted? I certainly hope it stays the heck away.
Yeah. Friday is predicted cloudy, although I wouldn't mind if parts of Friday were washed out so we could have a consitent race day.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1318848)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
30% chance of rain, so if it's anything like Toronto it won't rain. if it does it probably won't happen until dusk.
It will be interesting to see if HVM can replicate their performance from last year; or if RHR can retain any of the setup he had and bring it to Rocketsports.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 3 Jun 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1318923)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
any news on who is in the 2nd Coyne car for this weekend as yet ?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1318931)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
I saw this at another forum:
Quote:
AR1 has the rumor that the minimum car number for the Milwaukee race is 16 cars. It seems Coyne couldn't find anybody in 24 hours so he decided to park it.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1318933)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
Mazzacane is a possiblity.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1318936)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
We'll know more when they take to the track for practice, in just a few hours...
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1318940)   #10
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the UK, Champcar is listed (as trustworthy as Eurosports online timetables are!) as live at 6pm BST tomorrow on Eurosport 2.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1318944)   #11
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There would be 17 cars with only 1 Coyne entry, wouldn't there? That's a bit pathetic, makes it look like Newman-Haas stole a driver from Dale. And what a shame someone like Bell or Haberfeld didn't get a call. If you think about how much mocking there would've been if the 500 had featured 32 cars..... 17 is ludicrous.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1318949)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
And out of the four sessions Race Director is avalible for Qualfying and the race. (Not practice or Warm up).
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1318967)   #13
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
The official entry list names seventeen cars and drivers.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1318969)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
The official entry list names seventeen cars and drivers.
Painfull when we had 19 car for the past two rounds and we had a possible 20 for Monterrey.

It will certainly play into the hands of the leaders who will have less work to do lapping.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1319090)   #15
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
It's a shame that this event isn't being run under the lights, and I wonder why. Didn't the track have permanent lighting installed last year?
Old 3 Jun 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1319094)   #16
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Nevermind. Just a little research tells me that it was temporary MUSCO lighting.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 14:28 (Ref:1319101)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
It's a shame that this event isn't being run under the lights, and I wonder why. Didn't the track have permanent lighting installed last year?
I'm told it was cold and unfortunately attendances were not as high as the IRL race the next month, so I think that's why it's an afternoon race.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1319107)   #18
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's not a lot of sponsorship dollars floating around, so DCR needs someone with money in addition to subsidization or they can't afford to run the car. According the SpeedTV's site, the series will have to find someone else for later races to bring the number up to 18.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1319112)   #19
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea, Coyne always runs the team hand-to-mouth, and it probably doesn't make economic sense to subsidise an 18th car when one isn't required. It's just disappointing to have a lack of cars.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 14:47 (Ref:1319118)   #20
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Yea, Coyne always runs the team hand-to-mouth, and it probably doesn't make economic sense to subsidise an 18th car when one isn't required. It's just disappointing to have a lack of cars.
But then again look at Formula 1, they had 18 cars for two races, and in the IRL they're numbers are not worth shouting about.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1319141)   #21
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Practice is underway at Milwaukee. So far Philippe, Servia and Marshall have turned laps.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1319147)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
The Newman / Haas drivers of Bourdias and Servia are currently fastest.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1319185)   #23
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Note: I've removed "Race Thread" from the title, because it appears as if this will be several pages long before the race even begins. Also, this will give marcus the opportunity to begin a new "race" thread, with his now-infamous graphics.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 16:15 (Ref:1319215)   #24
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Little did I know Race Director is avalible for practice, anyway I'm riding on board with Allmendinger.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1319222)   #25
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yellow flag as it is raining.