Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Jun 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1321290)   #1
Adrian Moore
Rookie

Adrian Moore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell Thanks - Red RGB 68

I've been pointed at this forum by a mate and fellow 750MC RGB racer Tim Hoverd.

I just wanted to say a huge thankyou to the Heroes in Orange who put out a fairly extensive engine bay fire on my RGB racer at the Mansfield post during our race at Cadwell yesterday afternoon. My car was (or at least started out as) RGB class A no 68 and was coloured red.

I emerged unscathed and my car while pretty black and crispy it is repairable and is certainly not the write off it would have been without you guys.

I've always appreciated that we nutters on the track don't get to go racing without the support of you guys the other side of the tyres but personal experience has taught me just how valuable you really are. So Many Many thanks and I will be proudly wearing some of your "heroes" badges on my paddock\race overalls from now on + there will be a good sized wedge punted into the Marshalls fund.

These things always seem to happen when you're going really well and as a Novice cross boy this was the first time I'd felt really at one with the car, on the previous three or four laps had been flying (by my standards) and had hunted down and caught up on some previously quicker guys in front.

I mentioned how fast I was going to one of the Marshall's back in the paddock and he quickly retorted with a twinkle in his eye "Yeah you always go faster with your ar$e on fire".

Many many thanks boys, and I think I owe you lot some volunteer days during my forced hiatus while I rebuild the car.

Adrian Moore

RGB 68, 750 MC
Old 6 Jun 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1321390)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adrian,
Another good reason to spend a day marshaling, is that you can get a signature for your licence. In fact yesterday there was a driver out on Post 9 yesterday, I know coz I signed his card!
Incredibly we had 3 car fires yesterday, which for our club is probably a record, even stranger because non of the cars were turbos.
I can only agree with you that the Marshals over the weekend were absolutely brilliant, what with the weather & the short notice changes to the programme they were fab & really lived up to Murray Walkers "They are the best in the world".
Old 6 Jun 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1321426)   #3
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will be interested to know that one of the " heroes in orange" was a fellow racer who took second place in the Allcomers race on Saturday!! Not only quick around the track , but dedicated enough to marshall on Sunday and to be second to your car , a nano second behind Lord Percy Percy of Percy!

As said before, we welcome drivers to spend a day on the bank to glimpse the life we lead....................
Old 6 Jun 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1321494)   #4
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the Observer in charge of Mansfield I would just like to say thank you for your kind words we don't always get appreciated, also thanks to my fire marshals who did a good job - thank you. It is always easier to deal with an incident like that when the driver has the presence of mind to stop near a fire point, just glad there was not too much damage. - Balders
Old 6 Jun 2005, 16:21 (Ref:1321501)   #5
Adrian Moore
Rookie

I'm convinced..... I'll do at least one day Marshalling while I'm missing meetings fixing the car.

I spent a very pleasant hour in the company of some Marshalls while sheltering in Donnington's tunnel during a rain storm last year. I learnt a lot in that short time so what a full day on the post will teach me.....well a liking for orange at least I would think.

Also (at the risk of being rude) is the clerk above Viv? Other posts on these forums suggest that it might be?

Finally if you want to see the crispy remains of the car here are some links
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2227.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2228.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2229.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2230.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2231.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2232.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2233.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2234.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2235.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2236.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2237.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2238.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2239.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2240.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2241.JPG
http://www.pellgenesis.com/MISC/DSCF2241.JPG

Adrian
Old 6 Jun 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1321529)   #6
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Moore
Also (at the risk of being rude) is the clerk above Viv? Other posts on these forums suggest that it might be?
May I suggest that next time you see Viv, you run. Because if she sees this...
The clerk above is actually Dave Brice
Old 6 Jun 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1321578)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to the FC for carrying a large TV up to the commentary box for me on Saturday. It even worked when you gave it a good whack so I was able to see the times. Sadly I didn't see the majority of the weekend's incidents as that was happening out on the club circuit...
Old 6 Jun 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1321589)   #8
Adrian Moore
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
May I suggest that next time you see Viv, you run. Because if she sees this...
The clerk above is actually Dave Brice

Ah I did wonder hence I tried to hedge my bets by saying "at the risk of being rude"...... Best keep my head down I think.

<sorry Viv> and thanks for the advice Dave....

BTW when I do decide to volunteer how do I go about it?

A.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1321592)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you've still got your programme, Pete Harding (750MC Chief Marshal) has his phone numbers on the inside back cover.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1321599)   #10
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you haven't still got your programme Pete posts on this site, so you can PM him here!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1321616)   #11
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the Forum Adrain.

It's not good insluting the Clerks, especially on your first day, we Marshals normally do that on the second day.

Well its good to see you got home ok, I did look out for the clouds of powder falling from your car between Spalding and home. If you want any help in finding out more about Marshalling or contacting Pete PM me neighbour!

Now on a serious note has your daugther forgiven you for damaging the car?

The Marshal that met you in the Paddock.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1321619)   #12
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Incredibly we had 3 car fires yesterday,

But FC did you have to give chase to any in a shirt and tie this year.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1321647)   #13
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for reminding me of that Andrew, last year a Stock Hatch was on fire & I had to run (waddle) to it, at least this year the car on fire came to me (Pit Lane), was is it with me & fires @ Cadwell?
Old 6 Jun 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1321696)   #14
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Thanks for reminding me of that Andrew, last year a Stock Hatch was on fire & I had to run (waddle) to it, at least this year the car on fire came to me (Pit Lane), was is it with me & fires @ Cadwell?
At least last year he was driving toward you, I was running after him remember. I still remember the word of the MSA Steward to the driver.

"If you see a Marshal chasing you with a fire extinguisher in hand they know something you should. They don't run with them things for fun"

A question for you Dave any fire on Saturday?
Old 6 Jun 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1321782)   #15
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Yes but not mine!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1321795)   #16
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Sorry FC then it is you+Cadwell=FIRE. I was just checking to make sure it wasn't you+me+Cadwell=FIRE. As I have already been there once this year without any fires I know I wasn't to blame a lone for the fires. The rain now that could be a different thing when at Cadwell in May the track floaded and there was a hail storm.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1321816)   #17
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Moore
Ah I did wonder hence I tried to hedge my bets by saying "at the risk of being rude"...... Best keep my head down I think.

<sorry Viv> and thanks for the advice Dave....

BTW when I do decide to volunteer how do I go about it?

A.
I'm certain if you want to volunteer as a marshal then someone here will point you in the right direction.

Again your comments are appreciated
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1322513)   #18
dogsbody
Racer

dogsbody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adrian, if you want to join us at Cadwell, there are still 3 meetings left this month!

12th VSCC

19th BRSCC

26th HSCC

All usually very good, and you would be welcome at any or all of them!

Thanks for the thanks, too, as that is always appreciated.

Best wishes with the re-build.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1322528)   #19
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Adrain, there is the 750MC meeting at Brands Hatch on the 19th June. Contact Peter Harding for details. If the car is not repaired by then!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1323541)   #20
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody
Adrian, if you want to join us at Cadwell, there are still 3 meetings left this month!

12th VSCC

19th BRSCC

26th HSCC

All usually very good, and you would be welcome at any or all of them!

Thanks for the thanks, too, as that is always appreciated.

Best wishes with the re-build.

Are you trying to get rid of some of your jobs Dogsbody?
Old 9 Jun 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1323854)   #21
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Adrian,

Gutted to see the pictures of the car in the local paper - hope you get her fixed soon! If you want company on the bank, I'm more than willing to help out - us Whittlesey lot have to stick together!
Old 9 Jun 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1324244)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'Gutted' may not have been the best choice of word there...