Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Aug 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1381264)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
750mc Mallory 14th August

For those of us not at the big event in Northamptonshire this weekend, there promises to be some serious fun with the 750mc at Mallory on Sunday - particularly if it remains damp!

I should be Observing at the Esses with Asp (Flagging?) and as ever, looking forward to the Mallory Breakfast prior to all that.

As the 750 people are not coming up to Oulton this year, this will be my second (Or is it third?) fix of FV's Hot Hatches etc of 2005. Looking forward to it!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1381317)   #2
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hiya Mark! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow................................

PS What's happened to your avatar etc?
Old 13 Aug 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1381325)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Is that note that I'm flagging your speculation or a fact? Not that it bothers me, I'll do anything (within reason )
Just hope the weather man's right and it isn't damp tomorrow!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1381467)   #4
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Is that note that I'm flagging your speculation or a fact?
Dunno - thought you were into flagging now!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1381472)   #5
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I should be being coarse tomorrow - I still do both when I can!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1381473)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
I should be being coarse tomorrow - I still do both when I can!
If you're COARSE, you can stay away from my post........however if you're COURSE, then you're more than welcome!!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1381477)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
I can be indecent if you want
Old 13 Aug 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1381484)   #8
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 or 7 per post (10 at hairpin) so should be comfortable. I put Asp and Mark together by request but have asp down as incident. (think he needs a signature)

7 in the Pit lane that doesn't exist. Maybe some will help in assembly?

That said it all depends on who actually turns up as some are doing LMES on Fri/Sat and may well be too Kn****red by Sunday.
Old 13 Aug 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1381500)   #9
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
That said it all depends on who actually turns up as some are doing LMES on Fri/Sat and may well be too Kn****red by Sunday.

From what I can gather, there is a Stewards meeting at5 Sillystone to determine whether the LMES race is to continue due to Monsoon-like conditions. If it's stopped then the Marshals will be stood down early......no problem!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1381550)   #10
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
6 or 7 per post (10 at hairpin) so should be comfortable. I put Asp and Mark together by request but have asp down as incident. (think he needs a signature)

7 in the Pit lane that doesn't exist. Maybe some will help in assembly?

Peter dear, for you we'll ALL help in assembly! Which of course is now much bigger as we can use the old pit lane as well!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1381557)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayBee
Hiya Mark! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow

Why? Do I owe you money?
You never look forward to seeing me! Nobody does!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1381568)   #12
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh and while I remember - Chezza and I share a birth date of 22nd August. As this is the nearest 750 meeting to our joint birthday we're holding a small celebration in the garages in the now defunct pit lane tomorrow!

So all you 10thers - lunchtime meeting tomorrow is in the garages where there may be cakes (if you get there early enough!) or Jelly Babies or the remains of a huge tub of Haribo sweets!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1381569)   #13
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The nearest 750MC meeting to your joint birthday is the one on August 27th/28th at Silverstone!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1381571)   #14
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mmmmm! Free foodage! I'll be somewhere near!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1381576)   #15
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
The nearest 750MC meeting to your joint birthday is the one on August 27th/28th at Silverstone!
Yeah but I don't go that far away from home these days!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1381578)   #16
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
Oh and while I remember - Chezza and I share a birth date of 22nd August. As this is the nearest 750 meeting to our joint birthday we're holding a small celebration in the garages in the now defunct pit lane tomorrow!
As it's not pitlane does that mean a naked flame is allowed - ie candles on the cake?
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1381579)   #17
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
As it's not pitlane does that mean a naked flame is allowed - ie candles on the cake?
Paddock regulations will apply
Old 14 Aug 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1382130)   #18
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Well I missed out on the free food but I did manage to get a wee kiss from the Birthday girl

Well, what a cracker of a meeting that one was......although on Post 8 we had not a lot to do (Thanks to John, Jon, Mary, Eddy and Asp).
I even won a £iver on the raffle (2nd week in a row!)

Best bit of the day was when Race control asked the recovery guys to pull a car out of the gravel at DRUIDS!
Old 14 Aug 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1382132)   #19
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Well done 750!

Thanks to all out there today - cracking racing, early finish thanks to bringing forward the afternoon start (without losing any net time for lunch break), good company, and even good weather.
Even trying I can't think of anything to complain about! Well done to all.

Oh, and of course a special thanks to Mark Mitchell and JonJ for coping with me out on post
Old 14 Aug 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1382139)   #20
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Well I missed out on the free food but I did manage to get a wee kiss from the Birthday girl

Well, what a cracker of a meeting that one was......although on Post 8 we had not a lot to do (Thanks to John, Jon, Mary, Eddy and Asp).
I even won a £iver on the raffle (2nd week in a row!)

Best bit of the day was when Race control asked the recovery guys to pull a car out of the gravel at DRUIDS!
I notice you didn't mention which of the TWO birthday girls it was you managed get a snog from Mr Mitchell! (Sorry I nearly poked your eye out with my radio mike at the time though! )

I thought my hearing had gone funny when I heard the word Druids - perhaps it was a senior moment on Pete's part?

Anyway, I'd just like to say thank you to the Assembly Area team - Andy, Brian, Chezza, Ken, Mike, Nicky, Terry and Velma (although Nicky and Terry were purloined by Startline for the afternoon's racing) - an excellent job by all of you
Old 14 Aug 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1382145)   #21
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Quote:
I thought my hearing had gone funny when I heard the word Druids - perhaps it was a senior moment on Pete's part?
I'm assuming it's advance prepartion for Brands in a couple of meetings time.
That a decent enough excuse for you Pete?
Old 14 Aug 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1382151)   #22
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
I'm assuming it's advance prepartion for Brands in a couple of meetings time.
Rubbish! They're pining(?) (Pine-ing!?) over missing Oulton!
Old 14 Aug 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1382153)   #23
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
I notice you didn't mention which of the TWO birthday girls it was you managed get a snog from Mr Mitchell!
Sorry, I forgot Chezza is 21 as well soon!
Old 14 Aug 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1382212)   #24
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had a great day, thank you to Sheila for badgering me to come up to mallory again.

Good to catch up with some people and some great racing to boot!
Old 14 Aug 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1382250)   #25
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Had a great day on post 10 hairpin, Thanks to all team for there hard work.....