Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 4 Mar 2001, 19:19 (Ref:68226)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

When submitting or replying to a post, I cannot seem to get the 'url' otion or any of the smilies to work.

Any ideas?
Old 5 Mar 2001, 20:05 (Ref:68549)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!

web page

hmmm... works here - what forum are you trying to post in ? Maybe I disabled vB code in that forum somehow ?
Old 5 Mar 2001, 20:13 (Ref:68560)   #3
Sparky
Veteran

Bugger! Works for me too - in here!

It might have been the Gravel trap or Formula 1 - I can't remember. Probably F1 'cos I spent 23 hours in there yesterday...

I'll give it another go in a bit.
Old 8 Mar 2001, 20:00 (Ref:69443)   #4
Sparky
Veteran

Righto. Found it...

The smilies don't work for me in the Touring car forum. Just discovered it posting a thread over there. I'm not sure about the 'URL' bit; I'll keep playing!
Old 8 Mar 2001, 20:10 (Ref:69445)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'm not sure, Sparky, because I could see your smiley in the Touring Car forum. It was this, wasn't it:
Old 8 Mar 2001, 20:19 (Ref:69449)   #6
Sparky
Veteran

Yes, R, but only 'cos I hand typed it...

A colon, followed by 'rolleyes', then another colon.

Some things are best done manually!!

Try replying in the Touring Car forum and using the lower smilies. I wonder if they work for anyone else...
Old 9 Mar 2001, 16:52 (Ref:69656)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, I'll give it a try.
Old 9 Mar 2001, 16:57 (Ref:69658)   #8
R
Veteran

Worked fine for me. I only previewed, mind you, coz I don't know much about Touring Cars, so I couldn't think of anything to say...
Old 10 Mar 2001, 10:55 (Ref:69803)   #9
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so tell me - is there a list of these smilies and what to type? I mean there seems to be more than is shown at the bottom of this screen?
Old 10 Mar 2001, 14:32 (Ref:69855)   #10
R
Veteran

Well, certainly if you type "confused" in between two colons, you get :confused:. Check out the link to smilies above. That's the only extra as far as I can see. Apparently :beerface: used to work as well, and F1FansClub used to have it as a standard signature, but it doesn't seem to work any longer.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 20:27 (Ref:70191)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky
Yes, R, but only 'cos I hand typed it...

A colon, followed by 'rolleyes', then another colon.

Some things are best done manually!!

Try replying in the Touring Car forum and using the lower smilies. I wonder if they work for anyone else...
I think I may have misunderstood you previously, Sparky. Can you confirm:

a) The smilies and links don't work at all for you.

or

b) When you click on the 'Instant Smilies and vB Code' buttons at the bottom of the post topic/reply screen nothing happens.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 20:59 (Ref:70207)   #12
Sparky
Veteran

I would have to say....

b) When you click on the 'Instant Smilies and vB Code' buttons at the bottom of the post topic/reply screen nothing happens.

Anything in the "Instant Smilies & vB Code" box, but only in the 'Touring Car' Forum.

Thanks! <---- It still works here!
Old 11 Mar 2001, 21:15 (Ref:70215)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just had something similar in the Cool Sites Forum.
I replied to an existing topic and used the instant smilies and vB Code URL button and it worked fine.
I then went to start a new topic in the same forum and the screen showed a Javascript error and I couldn't use the URL button.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 21:28 (Ref:70219)   #14
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I said in Sparky's topic, I encountered a similar problem in the Cool Sites forum.
I replied to a topic and the Vb code URL button worked fine.
I then went to start a new topic and when I tried to use the Vb code URL button I got a javascript error and had to just type the url in instead. I hit reply and all was normal, went through the usual screens and I was then taken to my topic. All looked fine.
When I went back to the main forum page and had been looking round other forums a bit I noticed my post wasn't showing up as the latest post in the Cool Sites forum, so I went back there and found that my topic wasn't showing on the main cool sites page.
I tried the put the topic in again and it again showed the javascript error, but appeared to work fine, however, the topic isn't there on the main page.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 21:28 (Ref:70220)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Leave it with me - i'll see what I can do.

But I *do* need to know which browser and OS you use so I can try and replicate this...
Old 11 Mar 2001, 21:32 (Ref:70224)   #16
Carrie
Veteran

If I don't touch any of the Vb code buttons then the topic stays in place.
As for operating system and browser, Win 98 and IE5.5
Old 11 Mar 2001, 21:36 (Ref:70227)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
As this is apparently related to the other topic started by Sparky, i'm gonna merge the two. I will look into fixing up the instant smilies but, failing that, i'll remove them altogether if they're causing a problem.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 21:42 (Ref:70229)   #18
Sparky
Veteran

I was gonna say:

I tried to enter Carrie's thread about missing posts, and got:

"Invalid thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

But I think I know why now...

Anyways, I run Win95 Ver2, and IE5.5

The funny thing is that vb code stuff is fine in EVERY other forum, just the TC one... Wierd Huh?

*Edited post!* Please don't remove the smilies and links on my account - I can type 'em in manually! Everybody else seems to get on fine with them. OK, except Carrie maybe!

Last edited by Sparky; 11 Mar 2001 at 21:44.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 21:52 (Ref:70232)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sorry Sparky, already done it!

If it doesn't work for everyone it has no place here - and to that end, i'm gonna remove the ability for a user to upload a photo to their profile until a way can be found which works for everyone.