Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Mar 2001, 17:48 (Ref:68490)   #1
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everybody! I am a little new to the F1 forum so I thought maybe I could get to know some of you a little better. So if you want feel free to write a little something about yourself and list your favorite F1 driver. As for me;

My name is Ted and I am a universtiy student in Canada. My real home is Bermuda and I plan to go back upon finshing my studies. I have been following F1 for about three years now and am really excited about this season. It should be the closest racing I've seen yet but it looks like Ferrari and McLaren will be dominating again but "best of the rest" is certainly a toss up.

Fav F1 driver: J.Villeneuve (well I am a Canadian citizen!)

Hope to hear from more of you!

p.s. maybe someone could explain how these little face things work. I'm not really sure how to use them all. Thanks.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 19:46 (Ref:68536)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Hello Ted ,and welcome to the forum..M name is Jeremy and I live in Austin Texas....MS is my favorite pilot..Or That German Fellow as he is known in these parts..

HJave a great Day!
Old 5 Mar 2001, 20:03 (Ref:68546)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the forum TeddyG. Its always a pleasure to meet someone new here.

I live outside of Boston and am one of many Yanks on the Forum. My fave drivers are Hakkinen, Frentzen, Coulthard and Heidfeld. I have been an F1 fan for thirty years and used to go to Watkins Glen every year during the 70's for the USGP. Last June, I went to Montreal for my first GP in more than 20 years(The last having been Gilles brilliant victory at the Glen in '79)

Please feel free to wander around. Check out the Gravel Trap, the link below is a thread in the Gravel Trap where we have all introduced ourselves (or each other).

As for the smilies. the ones above are a preface to your comment-pick as mood applies or just ignore them. The 12 below will be inserted into the text of your reply if you click on them. Test them out in the "Preview Your Thread " function.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6994
Old 5 Mar 2001, 20:27 (Ref:68571)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to 10 Tenths, TeddyG.

Not much to tell about me. If anyone asks who my favourite driver is, I hunt them down and hit them on the head with a large, very heavy spade. It's Ralf, just so you don't ask. My favourite team is Minardi (10 Tenths is a very Minardi-loving forum), and my other favourite drivers are Pedro de la Rosa, Marc Gene and Fernando Alonso (I must have a thing about Spaniards ).

My real name is Steph (also known as RG) and I'm from Lancashire in North-West England. I'm 14 and still at school (unfortunately I can't say I have an interesting job ).

Anyway, welcome to 10 Tenths!

Last edited by Ralf's Girl; 5 Mar 2001 at 20:28.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 22:46 (Ref:68646)   #5
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

hello and welcome!
I'm Carla, from Portugal (i used to live 20 minutes from Estoril) but i'm living in London now.

I'm 27 and have been into F1 since 1984.

x
C
Old 5 Mar 2001, 22:47 (Ref:68647)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Welcome TeddyG, you have found the "Formula 1" of racing forums. Most poster's offer highly intelligent and well thought out discussion, but he rest of us can post here too

VB, have you told him about the Ferrari Ride?
Old 5 Mar 2001, 23:18 (Ref:68660)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Welcome to our insult and abuse free forum. I am sure you will love it here, as there are many friendly fans around. Don't forget, when you post 1000 posts, you qualify for the lucky draw for a Ferrari. When everybody here posts 1000 posts, the draw will be made.
A word of caution - you will note that some members new to this forum may not realise that this is a friendly forum - so if you disagree with any of the posts, especially those of Dino and AMoffat about Ralf, you must be patient and realise that there are some here who have poor judgement but mean no harm. As the moderators here say, you can attack the posts, but not the posters.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 02:41 (Ref:68717)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Teddy and welcome to the best motorsports forum on the net. I am Liz and I live in Canada, but I'm an American (for the time being). I've also been here 3 years but have followed motorsport since Nazareth was a Dirt Track. My favourite pilot is Alain Prost, now and forever. My team at present is Prost GP because my favourite pilot is now a test pilot. I love all Brazilians.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 07:57 (Ref:68792)   #9
Schumi Shemale
Rookie

Schumi Shemale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Content Edited

AMoffat.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 08:00 (Ref:68794)   #10
Schumi Shemale
Rookie

Schumi Shemale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This post has been edited.

Schumi She male,

This is your final warning. Continuing to post inflamatory comments will result in you being banned from participating in the forum.

AMoffat
Administrator
Old 6 Mar 2001, 08:52 (Ref:68801)   #11
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, TeddyG!!!

My name is Marina. I'm russian as you can understand from my forum-name. I have been following F1 since 1994 and post here when my british boss doesn't overload me with work.

My hobby is supporting the guys with bad luck and talent. As soon as the situation has change I start supporting somebody else. In the end of 1997 I have supported Mika Hakkinen. In the start of 1999 - Eddie Irvine. In 2000 - TGF (I thought he had bad luck not winning WDC for years).
This year I've choose Minardi, Jordan and Williams.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 18:51 (Ref:68916)   #12
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
Thank you

Thanks to all who have responded to my post. I'm sorry I didn't realise that there was a previous thread where everyone has listed there likes and dislikes as EERO so kindly pointed out to me. Still, it was nice to get some personal responses from some of you and you all seem like really nice people (with the exception of Schumi Shemale - what was all that about?)

Well, I look forward to discussing future F1 topics with you all. So thanks for the warm welcome everybody and VB I'll keep working on those 1000 posts and you can rest assured that I will treat the forum with the utmost respect.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 19:01 (Ref:68922)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Teddy, please do not let those offending posts color your view of the place. we're glad to have you here.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 19:18 (Ref:68932)   #14
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
Thanks EERO. At least he or she has been banned now so that's nice to know. Don't worry, I can tell that most of you here are very respectful of each other and are indeed true racing fans. Just glad to be onboard.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 19:40 (Ref:68942)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Hi TeddyG, a warm welcome to you and all the other new members here. Please excuse us for our two gatecrashers of today - rest assured that the bouncers have ejected them from the building and they have been barred for life We will also be circulating their details to the other establishments in the area in 'Operation Forum Watch'
Old 6 Mar 2001, 19:43 (Ref:68945)   #16
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum TeddyG, I hope you have a good time here. My real name is Andre and I´m currently studying electronical engineering, `´m from colombia, so you might guess who my favorite driver is....right Juan Montoya. I´m 18, and I got interested in f1 about 3 years ago, but I have to thank my good old friend Sharky because he taught me a lot of things about this magnificent sport.
Old 7 Mar 2001, 01:52 (Ref:69062)   #17
Tris
Racer

Tris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi TeddyG

Well welcome to the Forums. What can I tell you about me. Mt Fav driver is Gilles Villeneuve (I ahve a site,) current fav is JMP/Alesi/JV.

I live just South of Manchester in England.. quite near Oulton Park. I have followed Fomula 1 since I was knee high to a whippet.

Tris
Old 7 Mar 2001, 06:38 (Ref:69104)   #18
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and teddy G

Quote:
Originally posted by Tris
Mt Fav driver is Gilles Villeneuve (I have a site,) current fav is JMP/Alesi/JV.
Teddy, and he also has the f1rogues site, UNMISSABLE in my opinion!

Old 7 Mar 2001, 17:25 (Ref:69179)   #19
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
thanks

I'll have to check that out Carla thanks
And thank you to all those who have posted since I last checked the thread and have wished me a very warm welcome. Thanks everybody you have made me feel really at home here and I'm sure I will be agreeing and arguing (albeit nicely) with all of you in the near future.
Old 7 Mar 2001, 18:18 (Ref:69184)   #20
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well you don't have to be TOO nice. After all, Motor Racing is not Cricket, although if Max has his way it will soon be about as exciting as Cricket ... heated arguments are encouraged, and as the season progresses are bound to break out. If everyone had the same opinion about everything then most of us would become unnecessary.

To the person above who has a Gilles site, could you let me know what the designation is? And what do you think of Pironi? (Personally I think he is/was a despicable object.)
Old 7 Mar 2001, 18:32 (Ref:69196)   #21
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
Ok Liz!!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time you have a problem with Villeneuve Liz!!

Don't worry I'm too nice a guy to do too much damage