Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Sep 2005, 06:36 (Ref:1411067)   #1
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Calder Park - 2006 and Beyond

Interesting phone call just received - apparently Calder Park are having an official announcement of 'Calder Park's business direction and exciting major events for 2006 and beyond' next Tuesday in Melbourne.

Anyone heard of any specifics for this 'announcement'?

As given to me - the bottom of the invitations contain the following:

Calder Park
The Home of Australian Motorsport

Visit our park, its <sic> unlimited in here!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 06:57 (Ref:1411075)   #2
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are rumours that drag racing is starting up again - apparently Bob has made peace with ANDRA >

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 07:02 (Ref:1411078)   #3
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Thats been talked about for a while though hasn't it? I suspect this will be more than that. Guess I'll have to wangle myself an invitation
Old 19 Sep 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1411079)   #4
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or they might be selling it off ?
Old 19 Sep 2005, 07:17 (Ref:1411084)   #5
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Based on the wording of what was given to me I doubt that - I think we will find Calder Park is just about to open for business again (there have been a number of rumours about the Thunderdome also starting up again)
Old 19 Sep 2005, 07:29 (Ref:1411091)   #6
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of work has been taking place on the Thunderdome? Correct?
Old 19 Sep 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1411099)   #7
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Haven't seen it myself but I believe so.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1411105)   #8
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
There are rumours that drag racing is starting up again - apparently Bob has made peace with ANDRA
Thats not correct.
AIR has a charity drag racing event being run by the Freemasons (i think) who is leasing the track from BJ and as such BJ has nothing to do with it. Thats coming up on OCT 1 but AIR has yet to receive the ANDRA track certificate required, however I believe people from ANDRA are attending the track today or tomorrow to check on the required safety modifications.

ATM CP does not meet the safety requirements but they are aware of what needs to be done.

IMO I think BJ and his mob are starting to be concerned about DRIVA,who have had meetings with the minister of sport here in Victoria about building a standalone facility and had the subject aired in Parliament.

I do know that at CP a second round of sacking has recently occurred, with Mr Johnson having to look elsewhere for employment.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 07:55 (Ref:1411111)   #9
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Was there anyone left at the track to be sacked? Some of the departures have been kept 'very quiet'
Old 19 Sep 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1411126)   #10
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Having spent two days at Calder over the weekend, unlike some in here, at the AASA VMRC round I could mention a few things that "could" be happening but I'm going to keep them to myself for a change, but some interesting things were revealed to those who attended.

I will say that for a track that's supposed to be going broke and no money being spent on it I notice the infield spectator mound has been removed to make it easier for spectators to see the esses from the front straight and the grid from the back straight mound. The front straight spectator mounds are being worked on as well.

Now all we need are some events, maybe that's what's going to be announced

Oh, Fastrack must've put 100 people through rides on the Thunderdome on Sunday while the VMRC was going on and the motorcycle ride school was running classes on Saturday.

I believe there is only a handful of dates free at Calder from now til well after Christmas as the place is pretty well booked solid.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 08:47 (Ref:1411138)   #11
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a lot about Caldar and a court case that dates back several years and a few million dollars that has now been settled silently. The track itself is now for the first time in several years able to re-invest in its property and its management group is going full steam ahead with many projects such as rallycross, more involvement with the thunderdome and a lot more racing on the Caldar Park Raceway track in the next few years.

Its going to improve from here on in.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1411140)   #12
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
There is a lot about Caldar and a court case that dates back several years and a few million dollars that has now been settled silently. The track itself is now for the first time in several years able to re-invest in its property and its management group is going full steam ahead with many projects such as rallycross, more involvement with the thunderdome and a lot more racing on the Caldar Park Raceway track in the next few years.

Its going to improve from here on in.

Shhhhhhhh

Don't spoil the surprise
Old 19 Sep 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1411242)   #13
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh PLeeaaassssssssssse Bob, bring back rallycross.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1411247)   #14
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Oh PLeeaaassssssssssse Bob, bring back rallycross.
Well if you headed out to Caldar ( a nice drive from Qsld) then you might see a bit of dirt moving out the back....
Old 19 Sep 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1411248)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
Well if you headed out to Caldar ( a nice drive from Qsld) then you might see a bit of dirt moving out the back....
AV Jennings has to level the land off, and put roads in sometime
Old 19 Sep 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1411341)   #16
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxer
I do know that at CP a second round of sacking has recently occurred, with Mr Johnson having to look elsewhere for employment.
Myles has resigned his position as Venue Manager to concentrate back on his own business and is better off outa there!! (I told him not to go in the first place!)
Old 19 Sep 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1411345)   #17
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
There are rumours that drag racing is starting up again - apparently Bob has made peace with ANDRA >
If full time (knuckle)drag(er) racing gets back into Calder Park, thats the end of the Racing Circuit!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1411350)   #18
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
I will say that for a track that's supposed to be going broke and no money being spent on it I notice the infield spectator mound has been removed to make it easier for spectators to see the esses from the front straight and the grid from the back straight mound. The front straight spectator mounds are being worked on as well.
For starters, that ******* mound was the brain-child of past 'drag racing' dominated management and was supposed to replicate the Willowbank layout. All it did was STUFF the track for spectatators that have an attention span of more than 10 seconds!

Getting rid of the mound was a (the now departed) Myles initiative and was not completed due to lack of funds!

The front straight 'spectator mounds' are 'Bobs Clean Fill Tip'. There not for spectators, there an earner!!!!!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1411361)   #19
Camaroz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
Oh, Fastrack must've put 100 people through rides on the Thunderdome on Sunday while the VMRC was going on and the motorcycle ride school was running classes on Saturday.
As soon as the Fastrack NASCARS hit the track there was a fair few people, that were out on the flat track, up to the fence on the exit of two. Yes it was good to see! I think it even gave Marshall the urge to 'get into it' a bit when doing the rides in the NASCARS. The Monaro's look good as well!

I think it should be noted that Fastrack is Fastrack and has nothing to do with Calder Park except for its relationship as a tenant and venue hire.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1412222)   #20
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Myles has resigned his position as Venue Manager
Anybody with half a brain would know its better to resign before the fact than be sacked from the position
Old 20 Sep 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1412225)   #21
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
As soon as the Fastrack NASCARS hit the track there was a fair few people, that were out on the flat track, up to the fence on the exit of two. Yes it was good to see! I think it even gave Marshall the urge to 'get into it' a bit when doing the rides in the NASCARS.
You will find the engine note attracted the spectators, but when they saw it was a Nascar they turned away and went back to the road course, but whatever you reckon happened happened for your sanity
Old 20 Sep 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1412669)   #22
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
AV Jennings has to level the land off, and put roads in sometime
Back in your box Sydney Boy

Six words for you;

Amaroo Park

Oran Park

Eastern Creek

Two Great tracks, one dead, one on life support & one crappy track built to steal the 500cc GP from Victoria

Besides, didn't AV Jennings (the proud old builder) go broke years ago, you should be saying Delfin these days
Old 20 Sep 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1412673)   #23
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
You forgot Mt Druitt, Warwick Farm, Catalina, Hume Weir plus a few others out in the 'outback'.

Although there are stong rumours (remember where you heard this first) that Wakefield Park is looking for a track extention in 2006 that would require French certification and not Dandenong Road certification.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 00:22 (Ref:1412715)   #24
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A track extension at Wakefield ? surely they wouldnt have enough space !!
Old 21 Sep 2005, 00:30 (Ref:1412718)   #25
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Oh they have the space - and the vision to accomplish it.