Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 2 Oct 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1421928)   #1
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Talmasci and Kallio incident

Was I the only one that heard Harold Bartol say during the race that "they are under no team orders, just dont do anything risky"

Cause I was watching and listening to the whole thing online. And I'm certain I heard it. And now!?@? wtf?

Quote:
Team Red Bull KTM managing director Harald Bartol commented: “I am not happy at all. This was not a very clever move by Gabor, this could cost us dearly in the championship at the end of the season. Before the race I spoke to Gabor and Julián and made it clear that if they were in front with Mika, then they had to race to support Mika in the championship, but this did not happen from Gabor.”
Old 2 Oct 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1421937)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My goodness me! Watching it was like Yay! Go Gabor! Wait...You fool! What have you done?!

I guess he kinda showed KTM hey: I'm better (Or I think I am) than Kallio, and if I haddn't have been cursed by Hazza in the start of the series I would be here now.

That, and he doesn't want to ride for KTM next year.

I'll have to think this thru and get back to you.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1422312)   #3
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
maybe he already has a contract with somebody else . so . he just said to KTM .. scr** you

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Oct 2005, 00:08 (Ref:1422379)   #4
asha
Veteran

my main complaint is that Bartol told the world 2 laps into the race that there was no team orders, then we find out after the race that there 'apparently' was!
Old 3 Oct 2005, 02:26 (Ref:1422421)   #5
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still don't know what to say, except for if you look at one of the mechanic's faces as the bikes shoot across the line it goes something like this:

Boyaahh! Wait... Gabor Talmasci!? *Insert mystified looks*

The other thing is Gabor's excuse is that "He thought there was annother lap to go and he wanted to lead a lap." Which makes sense, last year the race was tied, so if Talmasci lead onto the straight Kallio could slip past him, but that doesn't explain why Gabor was going all "C'mooonnn!" on the slow down lap on us.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 09:39 (Ref:1422593)   #6
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
RobC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I needed Gabor to win for my fantasy team so I was happy with the result. And technically he still has a shot at the championship so good on him I say. Ok it's ****ed off a KTM but the way they've been doing business lately with Team Roberts, Anthony West etc they deserve a kick up the butt.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1422829)   #7
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I support asha's opening commentary. I was watching the race and I think I heard Bartol saying to the interviewer "...while they don't do anything stupid".

In TV they joked about what "stupid" meant maybe crashing together (the usual meaning) or maybe not obeying team orders (the malicious meaning).

The strange thing about Talmacsi's move is he never fighted Kallioo in any corner in any lap, and we see Kallio didn't defend in the last straight. So, while I understand in theory Talmacsi's win, but I regret the way he did it.

If Kallio loses the championship by less than fve point, Talmacsi position in KTM and relations with Kallio will be letal.
Old 4 Oct 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1423284)   #8
asha
Veteran

Just goes to show that team orders are lame, always have been, always will be.
Old 4 Oct 2005, 07:06 (Ref:1423403)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As someone else has said, I think you may find that Talma has already signed something else for next year so maybe thinking "Err, i dont care if Mika wins the title or not" Or in so many words!! I thought it was great to be honest!
Old 4 Oct 2005, 07:14 (Ref:1423407)   #10
asha
Veteran

i thought it was great too
Old 5 Oct 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1424805)   #11
Pondo
Rookie

Pondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Were there team orders, or was it just common sense that he shuldn't have passed Kallio for the win at this stage of the season? It was never going to go down well with KTM...
Old 5 Oct 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1424822)   #12
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Well, they claimed there weren't any, then they claimed there were and Talmasci didn't oblige them, and Talmasci claimed that the pit board was wrong and they didnt' know it was the final lap...

So who knows?
Edit: KTM Press Release

Bare in mind how Happy Gabor was when he won... he wasn't exactly "Damn, I've b0rked it now!"

Last edited by Hazza; 5 Oct 2005 at 22:55.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 02:21 (Ref:1424944)   #13
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Another point against Gabor is he lied: I agree that his theory about I-thought-it-was-not-the-last-lap is incredible, seeing his attitude after the finish line

Gabor, some hard days ahead.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 06:01 (Ref:1425020)   #14
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well back to the origibnal question, yes I heard Bastol quite clearly say that the only team orders were not to do anything silly.

If you are going to have team orders they must be clear.

According to Martin Brundle when he negotiated contracts with Mclaren in F1 it is all spelt out very clearly leaving no doubt.

I think Galbor is till in with an outside chance for the title so good luck to him
Old 6 Oct 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1425818)   #15
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
maybe he already has a contract with somebody else . so . he just said to KTM .. scr** you
I have a feeling it will be the other way round.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1427412)   #16
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i went to watch this after seeing this thread, and i thought good on him, team orders ruin a race. racers should race the race.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1453951)   #17
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have I got my maths right here? Luthi won by 5 points and had 4 wins. So did Kalio. Therefore, if Gabor hadnt done this (hilarious) move would Mika be champion???
Old 7 Nov 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1453954)   #18
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no .. if Mika wouldn't had crashed in Istanbul . he might had a better chance of winning it

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Nov 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1453966)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
no .. if Mika wouldn't had crashed in Istanbul . he might had a better chance of winning it
Obviously, but it's a rather big difference between a crash that is your own fault and a surprise move, without having indicated one bit that he intends to make a race out of it, by your team-mate on the very last lap.

I hope Luthi sends Talmacsi some nice gifts as a thank you for aiding him in winning the championship.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1455254)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's racing.