Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 2 Oct 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1422052)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Troy Corser - Numero Uno 2005.

With the cancellation of the final race at Imola today, Troy Corser is officially the 2005 World Superbike Champion.

Congrats Troy - You've earned it!

As a foot note, in Superbike racing it become the equal first longest wait between drinks by my calculations...

John Reynolds 1992-2001 (BSB) (9 Years) tied with
Troy Corser 1996 - 2005 (WSBK) (9 Years)
Steve Hislop 1995-2002 (BSB) (7 Years)
Old 2 Oct 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1422060)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done Mr Corser!

Also well done to Vermeulen for hanging in there........after the first few meetings the whole thing looked done and dusted.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1422070)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Congratulations to Troy, he deserves the title, even if the way in which it was decided was something of an anti-climax.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1422588)   #4
RobC
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
RobC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Troy
Old 3 Oct 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1422624)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As Troy himself said, it's not a nice way to clinch a title. I'm sure he will be going inot the last round determined to finsih a full 25 points ahead of Chris, to ensure that the lost race couldn't've changed the outcome. Troy has waited a long time for a good bike, and made full use of the opportunity. All the same, I think Chris has been the more impressive rider this year, consdiering what he's done without factory support, and he surely has a bright future, perhaps in MotoGP next year. It would be nice for Honda to back Ten Kate next year, they've obviously got a good bike and solid team structure there.

The battle for 3rd is still on, with Haga's recent form pushing him up there. It's a shame Yamaha were a little slow out of the blocks, but their effort should be successful again next year.

Well done to Steve Martin for his result in the race though, he's really shown up McCoy this year and cemented his solid reputation.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1422779)   #6
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 2 being cancelled was a real shame, a massive anti-climax for everybody, although I doubt it's changed the location of the championship. Suzuki turned up with an awesome bike, Troy used his experience and skill to buuild up a big lead, and nobody else has been as good over the course of the season. 2006 looks promising for the championship, as a lot of strong teams and new talents have emerged - Lanzi and Neukirchner have come from nowhere, and Muggers and Pitt have settled into the series well.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1423170)   #7
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well done Troy Corser ..
he was no.1 this year in WSBK ..

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Oct 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1426282)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done to Troy. Haven't seen much of the racing this season but after so many years of wandering in the wilderness, good for him to have a solid ride and he proved he still has the goods.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1431333)   #9
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Troy, a very well deserved championship.

I also think special mention should be given to Chris Vermeulen's chase in the last half of the season. He stated after the summer break that his goal was to win all 8 remaining races. He ended up winning 5 out of 7 (with Imola R2 cancelled) and more than likely would have won 6 out of 7 if not for a jumped chain.

His efforts turned a championship which looked over at half season due to the early dominance of Corser and the Corona Suzuki, into an interesting chase until the end. Although only having a slight chance of winning the title, he gave his all and never gave up. I hope he get's his chance to join MotoGP full time with a good team.

Thanks to Troy and Chris for providing an excellent 2005 season.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1434543)   #10
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
sorry for the question, but what were the circumstances for the cancelled 2nd race-rain?
Old 15 Oct 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1434547)   #11
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
looked at the WSBK site, yup, "torrential rain"